Michael Jackson's 'Breaking News' -- The Real Deal

11/7/2010 8:07 PM PST BY Harvey Levin

Hey, it's Harvey. We usually don't write first person on TMZ, but I gotta tell you what I just heard.

Michael Jackson Breaking News song:

Someone has played me the song "Breaking News." I'm not a music expert, but I am a Michael Jackson music fan ... and it's definitely Michael Jackson. The song -- which is awesome -- is a pretty harsh look through Michael's eyes at the media. In essence, he is saying ... You've treated me shabbily and you've hoped for my demise, but I'm back!

One of the lyrics:
 "They want to see that I fall,
cause I'm Michael Jackson.
You write the words to destroy
like it's a weapon."

In another part of the song, Jackson sings:
"Everybody wanting a piece of Michael Jackson.
Reporters stalking the moves of Michael Jackson.
Just when you thought he was done,
he comes to give it again."

The song is vintage Jackson. The initial beat will remind you of "Billie Jean" and there are all sorts of MJ trademarks throughout.

When you hear it, you will not be able to suppress the image of Jackson dancing to the song.

The song was recorded at the home of music producer Eddie Cascio, when Michael Jackson was living there for four months in 2007.

As good as the song is ... it's not the first single that will be released. We're told we might be able to post a copy of  "Breaking News" on TMZ as soon as late tonight.

Uh

Don't like the song and could care less who the singer is...although with Harvey being so certain (Harvey is ALWAYS certain) I tend to believe its not Jackson. Be that as it may, MJ always impressed me due to his showing of compassion by including beds (and hospital equip) behind glass enclosed conditioned "rooms" at his live theater in Neverland Ranch, so sick children could be invited to the performances. I was appalled at the reaction people gave to him years later about "sharing his bed" with a child. I'm absolutely sure the statement had no sexual connotation associated with it. I think Michael's death was a tragedy and a true humanitarian was lost.

ultravioletrae

I have the most horrible sinking feeling. Something is so wrong. It is definitely NOT Michael Jackson's vocals or composition or arrangements or production work on this track. It is not Bruce Swedien's engineering. There is nothing Michael Jackson about this, just a poor attempt to create a counterfeit Michael Jackson recording. Why is Sony releasing this? Why is Harvey promoting this? What the hell is going on? There is something very very bad going on here.

Stacee

I don't think anything is 100% when it comes to Jackson. Might be him. Might not. Catchy tune though.

Barb.A.

I have listened to it like ten times in a row. I think it is MJ so I re-order mine. He had a wide range in his voice. I am looking forward to listening to the other songs on this album. If they are not MJ then I am only out $13.00 and that isn't going to break me. So I guess I'll see when the album comes.

MJ is the Greatest of all

SOME of you FANS should be ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES even Harvey who is NOT A HARDCORE MJ fan CAN RECOGNIZE THAT this DEFIITELY MJJ!!!!!!!!!! WAKE up and SMELL the FRESH GLITTERY GLOVE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

E

OMG!
1. That is not Michael! There's a little bit of his voice in the background. less than 1% of the vocals!
2. It's a crappy song, Michael would have never approved of releasing this under his name!
3 He did not stay four months with the Cascios in the summer of 2007, he stayed around 2&1/2-3 the most. Even they are taking advantage of him. He considered them his second family and they teamed up with Sony on this circus. Disgusting!

jgf

are you kidding me?
this is not michael jackson.

Yay

Can't wait to hear it. I am so fed up with katy perry and lady gaga crap. Bring back the real music!

Scott

No need Unwell I am not gay but hey I hope the old age home u signed up with at 55 plays a lot of MJ music that would be fitting. Have a great evening Unwell happy trolling to you if that makes u happy.....

MJ forever

Mehul

This is not an MJ song. Doesn't feel like one. It's like snippets of his original voice have been blended with an imposters. Something is very wrong with this song.

krystal

I really can't tell whether or not it is him...but the beat is nice

Tarra

Damnit I can't wait for this album to come!!! Oh and there are sooo many songs that Michael made, that it's ridiculous! He has like 100's of songs that he never brought out. I wish I could hear every single one...Neway I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Luv U MIKEY!

rrklgetpaid

OMG and his family will be on Oprah on Monday. Michael pass away from this earth at a very young age, his dance and music will live forever. Thanks, Michael Jackson

Beenhere

THIS IS IT...THIS IS REALLY IT..MJ IS BACK..''AND HE WILL REIGN AROUND THE WORLD FOREVER..''..HE WILL BE ON TOP OF THE WORLD TILL THE END OF TIME..THE BIGGEST ENTERTAINER FOREVER END EVER....''PIECE BY PIECE BY PIECE MJ IS REVEALED UNTIL HE JUMPS OUT AND ON MICHAEL'S COMMAND WE BEGIN''...AAOOWWWWW!!!!!!!

Posted at 5:59 PM on Nov 7, 2010 by pete

________----------------------------------------

W-O-W! Could MJ fan get weirder than this? PATHETIC!!!! That is the reflexion of their leader, a real wacko!

tis_ruthy

This song should be number 1. Makes me want to dance.