Michael Jackson's 'Breaking News' -- The Real Deal

11/7/2010 8:07 PM PST BY Harvey Levin

Hey, it's Harvey. We usually don't write first person on TMZ, but I gotta tell you what I just heard.

Michael Jackson Breaking News song:

Someone has played me the song "Breaking News." I'm not a music expert, but I am a Michael Jackson music fan ... and it's definitely Michael Jackson. The song -- which is awesome -- is a pretty harsh look through Michael's eyes at the media. In essence, he is saying ... You've treated me shabbily and you've hoped for my demise, but I'm back!

One of the lyrics:
 "They want to see that I fall,
cause I'm Michael Jackson.
You write the words to destroy
like it's a weapon."

In another part of the song, Jackson sings:
"Everybody wanting a piece of Michael Jackson.
Reporters stalking the moves of Michael Jackson.
Just when you thought he was done,
he comes to give it again."

The song is vintage Jackson. The initial beat will remind you of "Billie Jean" and there are all sorts of MJ trademarks throughout.

When you hear it, you will not be able to suppress the image of Jackson dancing to the song.

The song was recorded at the home of music producer Eddie Cascio, when Michael Jackson was living there for four months in 2007.

As good as the song is ... it's not the first single that will be released. We're told we might be able to post a copy of  "Breaking News" on TMZ as soon as late tonight.

Paul

Not Michael Jackson.

LisbethSensitive

IMPORTANT EVERYBODY!!
IT'S NOT!! MICHAEL JACKSON SINGING "Breaking News".
IT'S JASON MALACHI.
DON'T BUY THE NEW ALBUM, IT'S FAKE!!
YOU'RE FEEDING MICHAEL'S MURDERES WITH BLOODMONEY + YOU'RE DESROYING MICHAEL'S LEGACY!!
AND YOU $ONY, THIS TIME YOU CAN'T FOOL MICHAEL JACKSON. ONLY ONE PERSON IN THE WORLD CAN SOUND LIKE MICHAEL JACKSON: MICHAEL JACKSON HIMSELF!!
BUH $ONY, LOOSER!!

Rob

Breaking News features Michael in the backing vocals, but the lead vocals are in no way Michael's.

Not alone in thinking that either...can't believe you people have been fooled.

Jerseyforsure

Harvey...did you take your medicine??????

This is NOT MJ...YOU ARE A FAN BUT YOUR EAR SUCKS!!!!!!!!

wow

This is NOT MJ. It may have snippets throughout the song to make it sound more like and MJ song, but it's overall a huge fake!! It's so eery that Sony seems to be exploiting MJ still. Blatantly exploiting him.
I have a great eyer for MJ music and i have a great eye for MJ dance moves. I can spot a fake a mile away. This is (Once Again) a fake!

Maria

I know Michael's voice very, very well. I have been fortunate enough to hear it in person countless times. And not one bone in my body believes that these are his vocals.
Aside from that argument, people need to read Will.I.Am's August interview with the Guardian:
That is someone who cares about Michael and has an honourable attitude towards Michael's legacy. Instead of demanding more, can't the world just take a longer, more careful look at what he gave us while he was here? REALLY listen to him; see the truth in him; get past the trivia and headlines to examine his philosophy and appreciate him as an incomparable artist and truly great human being. Please. It's about time.
There might be less money in that approach for $ony, but it is up to Michael's fans and those who love the man to decide WHAT IS RIGHT FOR MICHAEL - greed for yet more unfinished material? Or really paying attention to and acting on what he got to say, the way HE wanted to say it?

pink_sapphirexo

I agree with you, Harvey.
Why do you think Katherine and the family say it isn't him?

Sally

Either you´re deaf or you´ve never REALLY heard Michael Jackson talk and sing..otherwise you would hear in the first words that THIS IS NEVER Michael Jackson singing!! It sounds totally like Jason Malachi, a rather good voice impersonator of MJ for years...listen to one of his songs:

It is DEFINITELY NOT Michael Jackson singing Breaking News!!!!

ELINA

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!
this is not Michael..maybe it's his voice in some parts but it's some others voices too...if u know a bit for music u can tell that this song was just a demo or somthing of Michael and they put others to sing many parts!

Lyov

Michael Jackson - Breaking News Single | Go to listen | http://imusic.am/#music/michael+jackson/breaking+news+single

Lennie

This is NOT Michael Jackson's voice. Don't think you can fool us, Michael is in our hearts, we FEEL him, or don't, in case of 'Breaking News'. His own mother said it's not him. 3T said it's not him, they know their UNCLE's voice, for God's sake.

Lennie

They're trying to fool the fans and you just let them.. you're so dumb for real. Listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoUZvBhXltk NOW THAT'S MICHAEL JACKSON'S VOICE. Can't believe all of you. I don't even know why I came here.. tabloid. Doesn't even surprise me, that they claim it's Michael's song. Disgusting. I'm litteraly sickened.

DonnaLynn125

#59 Kat, I am sure others before me already commented on your post. Here's some free advice, don't click on comments and keep on scrolling down to other stories! It saves you time from reading what does not interest you! Nice we have choices in life.

IVANA

Belive me im truly sorry , since i have eagerly waitinf for this day...
i DON´T think its Michael Jackson at all. I feel fooled, but i have been a fan for SOOO many years , i could recognize his voice and this is not the case, some screams do sound like his, but NOT the whole track.
Dear fans pleas Pay attention before buying and give your money to Sony.

Wendy

Harvey, you got it wrong.
It's not Michael. No way. When Michael sings we not only hear it we feel it. Some words might be added that are Michael, but this IS NOT AN MJ song. Sony better make this right!