Michael Jackson's 'Breaking News' -- The Real Deal

11/7/2010 8:07 PM PST BY Harvey Levin

Hey, it's Harvey. We usually don't write first person on TMZ, but I gotta tell you what I just heard.

Michael Jackson Breaking News song:

Someone has played me the song "Breaking News." I'm not a music expert, but I am a Michael Jackson music fan ... and it's definitely Michael Jackson. The song -- which is awesome -- is a pretty harsh look through Michael's eyes at the media. In essence, he is saying ... You've treated me shabbily and you've hoped for my demise, but I'm back!

One of the lyrics:
 "They want to see that I fall,
cause I'm Michael Jackson.
You write the words to destroy
like it's a weapon."

In another part of the song, Jackson sings:
"Everybody wanting a piece of Michael Jackson.
Reporters stalking the moves of Michael Jackson.
Just when you thought he was done,
he comes to give it again."

The song is vintage Jackson. The initial beat will remind you of "Billie Jean" and there are all sorts of MJ trademarks throughout.

When you hear it, you will not be able to suppress the image of Jackson dancing to the song.

The song was recorded at the home of music producer Eddie Cascio, when Michael Jackson was living there for four months in 2007.

As good as the song is ... it's not the first single that will be released. We're told we might be able to post a copy of  "Breaking News" on TMZ as soon as late tonight.

Kay

Kat, if you don't like seeing Michael Jackson stories then go elsewhere. MJ is the only reason I come on tmz. Who do you want to see stories about Heidi Montag? Paris Hilton? Lindsay Lohan? *yawn*

TMZ release the song NOWWWW!!! You made me want to hear it more.

Lisa

Harvey...THANK YOU!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR!!!

JLa

I just love MJ can't wait to purchase the cd !!

greete

oh harvey, please, give us a break. didn't you just put us through hell with the last hype about the destiny remix saga?

n

OMGOMGOMG IM SORRY I cant help it i am actually really excited.
i no mj hated sony and i will not buy the cd but i am gonna listen t it on my own time!!!!!!!! I just cant wait to hear Mikes voice!!!!!!!

Alessandra

I'm anxious to hear this song.
I'm sure it will be wonderful.
Michael Brazil loves you.

kimmie

Seriously, the irony is gut busting!! I enjoy every second of it.

And that, my dear friends.. is the MAGIC of MICHAEL JACKSON!!!

L.O.V.E

Well put...well put

Love ya Michael

MJ Fan

I'm am soooo excited. Can't wait to hear it!!!!!!!! Still so sad about everything that happened. Rest in peace!!!!!!!!!!!

lynn

Thanks Harvey, for speaking up for Michael. Can't wait to hear the song for myself. It's hard to judge right now whether or not to buy the new CD but your comments have helped me decide. You believe it's Michael on the track -that's what I wanted to hear.

really?

For even the "MJ Dies" article Harvey didn't personally get credit for it.

This must mean this is one of the biggest articles in TMZ history for Harvey to put his name on it.

I mean the estate not only allowed him to hear the song before anyone else on earth outside the family, they also authorized him to post the lyrics.

But who? Is it the executors or perhaps MJ himself?

If MJ never appears in the flesh, this has to be confirmation he is at least alive behind the scenes, because TMZ wouldn't promote anti-media songs on their own. Think about it.

LAVENDER

damn right, tmz crucified michael... made endless jokes and insults to him and to his fans and so now that he is gone they just hopped on the train of taking advantage of Michael coz everything else is simply unreadable. i would never have come here to tmz but for Michael Jackson..

and for those who can't have enough of hatred and posting horrible comments.. if you don't care about mj, if you are sick of him then why the hell are you coming here, reading his stories and taking the trouble of posting a comment,,, for god's sake, get a life.

HumanNature

MY CHRISTMAS GIFT TO MYSELF WILL BE MJ GAME AND MUSIC!!!

THIS IS GOING TO BE A MOONWALKING CELEBRATION!!!!

LONG LIVE THE KING OF "ALL" MUSIC, MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON

my 2 cents

Never mind the music, how about finding out when there will be justice in this case.

chanel

Thanks you so much Mr Harvey,you said the most important thing we wanted to hear:"he is back".
TMZ was the firt to report Michael's "death" before CNN, even before his family knew that!!!!
TMZ has been speaking about Michael every day...(even with weird stuff )just to keep in your mind his Name(even if this couldn't be possible)
In conclusion: TMZ is helping Michael to prove MEDIAS lie!!!!!!
Michael come back and be sure we will support you forever,wherever,whenever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are our angel we miss you so much.......

gary

During the time Mj died, You (Harvey) would get so excited when TMZ did the stories on Mj's death.When the Medical Quack Arny Klein came on your show you were in the dudes mouth (no homo) I was surprised you didn't know the story behind "Bad". So that threw me off a little, but it was clear there that You were Kuku for Michael's Coco Puffs(no homo).