Michael Jackson's New Album -- Now Prince Free

11/7/2010 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Prince has always been a strange and mysterious man -- but now he's found a way to magically appear and then disappear from the cover of the new Michael Jackson album.

1107_jackson_fix_sony_music.com_2

The cover to the album, "Michael," is a copy of a painting from 2009. If you look closely  ... you can see Prince's unique symbol inside of a circle (upper right). But now, when you go to Sony's website to buy the CD, Prince's glyph has magically disappeared.

The website DrFunkenberry.com,  which first took note of the symbol, claims to have spoken to Prince's people, who told them, "No permission was granted. Sony Entertainment has removed the symbol."

This is what it sounds like ... when Prince's lawyers send you a takedown notice.

DANA

Prince should be ashame of himself.
MJ considered him 2nd king of pop what people dont.

tenley

I don't see Prince's symbol, at all. His symbol is one figure, not two, and it's very distinct. I must be blind.

abby

It looks more like Mickey Mouse to me. I don't see the Prince symbol at all.

HumanNature

LONG LIVE THE KING OF "ALL" MUSIC, MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON

Truth

NO ONE IS CHECKING FOR PRINCE MATERIAL. AS USUAL HE'S NARCISSISTIC AND EGOMANIAC AT BEST. WHO WOULD NOTICE THAT **** UNLESS U HAD A MICROSCOPE. WTF!

ohreally

um prince never really liked mj

my good friend told me stories of prince back in his pre-stardom days haha

im pretty sure prince took it down

mj fan forever

I am happy that Prince's symbol disappeared, I did not like to see it on a PRECIOUS Michael's cover album!! I just don't know how it was came in mind at Sony!!! Absurd!!

Celebrities Suck

did sony also add the Illuminati symbol? Long live MJ!!!

VampKira

It was Princes' symbol..I saw it VERY clearly in a high quality pic posted on another site, and there is NO mistaking that symbol. (I'll try to find the site and come back here and provide the link for ya all) I for one am glad it's gone, and I don't care about the reason...In my opinion, it had NO business being on there in the first place. Just sayin'

dd

PRINCE doesn't deserve to be on Michaels album cover.

Sym

I'd be weird if that symbol stayed on Michael's album.. but Sony did have no right to use it and I know MJ fans would get pissed if Prince used a symbol of Michael's..

cookies

That's strange, Prince was the one artist that Micheal Jackson felt threatened by.

CaliGirl

"CLAIMS TO SPOKEN" sheesh Fire your editors.

teka

Strange, because for me, too, was Mickey Mouse!

Siggisis

WHY was Prince´s symbol on that cover??

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments