Dina --

I 'Understand'

Lindsay is an Addict

11/8/2010 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dina Lohan says she finally understands that Lindsay Lohan is an "addict" -- and after all the drama, she's "happy" and "relieved" that her daughter is now at Betty Ford.

1108_dina_lohan_today_video
Dina appeared on the "Today" show this morning with Matt Lauer -- and talked all things Lindsay ... including our video of Lindsay shopping yesterday, an endeavor that Dina says was BF approved.

All things said, Dina's thoughts were clear ... things are looking up for Lindsay.

VickiC

I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read elsewhere that Dina said the only reason she hadn't said anything before about Lindsay being an addict was because "Lindsay had to admit it to herself first". Just more Dina BS. If that was true, all she needed to do was shut up about the whole issue - or say, "It's not my place to talk about that." Instead, she has consistently DENIED - very publicly - that Lindsay had any problems. I'm sure her thinking was either that if she said Lindsay was an addict, it would affect LiLo's career; or that Lindsay would cut her off the way she did with Michael for awhile. Either way, her main concern was keeping her cash cow - not her daughter's health and well-being.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

my dream wiuld be to tagg team the mom and lindsy at one time yeeeeoooooosseerrrr

Pretty LL

@15 yep, and imagine what Dina witnessed Lindsay doing without camera's around? I mean what are the odds/how bad do you have to be to get caught so many times publicly? Dina knew. Why she didn't care enough to stop it is the real question

Pretty LL

@36, she's 24 actually and I couldn't agree more.

Nikki

The fact that Dina Lohan would believe a short period of rehab would transform the life of an addict is overwhelming evidence of her ignorance and her disengagement from the life-threatening issues her daughter still confronts. She, herself, needs help in order to stop being one of the worst parents a young woman like Lindsay could have. The media is partially to blame for the dumbing down of America by giving credence to horrible parents like Dina by giving them a forum to broadcast The fact that Dina Lohan would believe a short period of rehab would transform the life of an addict is overwhelming evidence of her ignorance and her disengagement from the life-threatening issues her daughter still confronts. She, herself, needs help in order to stop being one of the worst parents a young woman like Lindsay could have. The media is partially to blame for the dumbing down of America by giving credence to horrible parents like Dina by giving them a forum to broadcast.

How many xannax was Dina on? Dina Lohan needs to go to rehab

e33

Dina is drugged white trash. Get a job you loser jerk.

lhartwell

#2 Nicole,

Just who was it that thought their little darling needed to be a famous child star? HHHMMMMMM, let's see........oh yes, it was HER PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you insane to defend this woman? SHE and her ex husband are at fault. Do you think as a CHILD Lindsey was able to make that decision?

Would she be having all of these problems if her parents didn't see dollar signs? If her parents had left her to be a child instead of putting her in middle of Hollyweird would she have all these issues? Would the paps be stalking her every move?

No and no again. I get it that Lindsey has to bare some of the responsiblity, but, how do you learn how to be a big person when you have a life like she did? When you are treated different and like an adult, how can be expect her know any better?

I hope this kid gets better, I feel badly for her big time. Talk about the worst time to ever be in Hollyweird.....reality TV, MTV, TLC crappola....great.

Nothing like pimpin' out your daughter and watching her life drag down while you spend HER cash and go on talk shows.

gutsygirl

E N A B L E R

darkrage6

Well it's about damn time she admitted it, maybe now she'll start acting like a real parent.

GOLLY

Please forgive me, but I wanna do her.

Wiley

Excellent interview
This should shut up all the Dina haters up when she was only trying to do the best for Lindsay.
The sentence in July was completely wrong and jail didn't help Lindsay at all.

Posted at 6:17 AM on Nov 8, 2010 by Nicole
----------------------------------------------------------------

And Dina still claimed Lindsay didn't have any problems. She understands now, 40+ days and numerous counceling sessions later. But she still doesn't understand about keeping her mouth shut and not making money off of Lindsay's problems. Michael gets it now and he has a chance of mending his relationship. Dina still pushing for the money when Lindsay needs to take it easy and learn to live cleaner.

en Todo Momento!!

why is it that every time i hear the name 'Betty Ford' i think of a pick-up truck made of cake with frosting!!! must've been all those drugs i took...i need another drink!!!!

tim

The only reason I can think that Matt gives this idiot so much airtime is that he's banging her on the side.

Or maybe one of his producers.

bob

Get rid of her...no, not Lindsay. I actually find myself hoping she gets better and saves herself, so to speak. I never thought I'd say that after all the crap she pulled (and got away with). I guess we'll see what happens when her Betty Ford stint is over. I say get rid of Dina, her enabling, loser, publicity-seeking, skank mother. Geez, what a tool.

happilywed

Her attitude as a parent is NEVER TO CRITICIZE HER CHILD?

Wow, that attitude will screw her kids up really well. That leaves her children without parental guidance on what is right and what is wrong, how to act like an adult, how to take responsibility for one's actions, etc., etc.

Thank heavens my parents didn't abandon their parental responsibilities so entirely!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments