Joe Jackson -- I Didn't Beat MJ, I Used a Strap

11/8/2010 11:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It may be splitting hairs (unless you're on the receiving end) but Joe Jackson maintains he didn't beat Michael Jackson as a kid ... he used a strap ... and he'd do it all over again.

1108_joe_jackson_oprah_video
Watch Oprah call out Joe on her show today.

Alexa

Now that the boys are all grown, they should take good old dad out to the wood shed and use the strap on him... let's see how that Ignorant Piece of Crap would like that!

MJ LIVES ON

Posted at 6:44 AM on Nov 9, 2010 by Roseilicious

----------------

@Roseilicious

EXCELLENT POST!!! AMEN!!! I feel exactly the same way.

MJ LIVES ON

[...What strikes me in this interview with Joe, and others, is that he is not a very bright man. He's actually pretty dumb.]

Posted at 10:40 AM on Nov 9, 2010 by aston

----------

I've noticed this too.

air jordan shoes

He's Crap

It's Joe's fault.

rebecca

Blacks r. Criminals dumb

Nancy

My whole family were "whipped" as children and set straight when we did wrong! We all turned out to be decent hard working honest people. My step children were never whipped and never told when they did wrong. They are all jobless moochers on the welfare. My daughter got a good spanking too and was told right from wrong and she is a college graduate with a high paying job. So I say kids these days do need MORE disipline, people just pop out kids and let them do whatever, pay attention to your kids, teach them right from wrong and if they need a good butt whipping then by God give them one!!!

Kerry

I was born in 1963 and had two very loving parents and yes on a few occasions I got whipped with a belt by my father. Did I love him less for it..no..did I deserve it..most likely yes.
Have I been scarred for life by it...no.

It seems out of 9 Jackson kids raised by the same man, none other than Michael have complained and whined about their beatings growing up. Maybe it was because he was so sensitive. Either way.. I do not agree with the whippings by Joe, but you do have to understand that living in the level of poverty that the Jacksons did at that time, this man really felt he needed to keep his kids in line to keep them safe and out of jail. They may have their issues, like most adults do, but you have to admit they were respectful and Michael was extremely polite, kind and loving to everyone...most likely a result of the discipline he received by Joe as a child.

I honestly believe Joe Jackson had all of his kids best interest at heart and wanted so much for them to have a better life than he did and realizing their talent coupled with the difficulty of being black in the late 50's and early 60's proved he and his family had to work three times as hard as a white person to get recognized for their talent.

Millions of other familes, black or white, spanked or hit their kids in that era and none have been given the attention and negative press that Joe Jackson has, simply because he is black and his child was a superstar.

mymjj5

Really? I am not black. But I can't believe that 'all' black people raise their kids using a strap, or a whip on them. Is that normal to be whipped and beaten by your parents in the black community? I can't believe that's accurate.
_______________________________________________________________
IT'S TRUE, IT'S TRUE, IT'S TRUE!!!! WHY IS THIS STILL A DISCUSSION ON TMZ????
HOLLYWOOD IS LOSING ITS LUSTER FASTER THAN I COULD EVER IMAGINE SINCE MICHAEL DIED IF JOE JACKSON IS STILL UP FOR DISCUSSION AS TO HOW HE RAISED/DISCIPLINED HIS CHILDREN 50 DAMN YEARS AGO!!!!

BTW: MURRAY KILLED MICHAEL. MURRAY WAS PAID TO KILL MJ. THE EXECUTORS ARE MONEY HUNGRY PIGZ. I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER MICHAEL JACKSON PRODUCT UNTIL PRINCE JACKSON REPLACES BRANCA AND MCCLAIN AND WHOMEVER ELSE IS STEALING MJ'S FORTUNE AWAY FROM THE KIDS!!! AGAIN MURRAY KILLED MICHAEL JACKSON. MURRAY WAS HIRED TO DO IT.
SONY/AEG/BRANCA/MCCLAIN/PHILLIPS/D'LIAR/ORTEGA ALL BENEFIT FROM MICHAEL JACKSON'S MURDER!!!!!

Muffy

Parents should discipline their kids! The people b!tching probably got an ass whopping too!

mymjj5

Beating a child is not the proper way to keep it out of trouble or jail.The child becomes shy and very scared and can't face the ones bylling it.Some children become violent themselves and take it out on other children,
___________________________________________________________
Michael was right.,,,but Michael and his brothers all understood as men why their father did what he did at the time. They don't call it Scary Indiana for laughs. I don't live in the hood and was not raised in a tough high crime area. The rules are so different. Parents do what they have to in order to survive and to keep their kids out of trouble. Sometimes the only thing they know is to get the belt whenever their children are disobedient. It's sad but true.

GREG

You cant blame Joe for all of his kids issues. They were in some respect victims to the music business as well. Abuse is wrong but theres nothing wrong with disciplining your kids. Corporal punishment is not illegal. I think many of the kids today are out of control and parent are not equipt to deal with them or they choose not to. I think Joe took control of his family. Of course we were not there but i would assume that coming up in Gary, Indiana in poverty had its risks. He did what he thought he had to do. Ask his surviving kids would they do it all again. I doubt they had dreams of working in the steel mills of Gary.

Michael*I*Luv*U

Oh, and to all of the "I'm not black, but" people posting here, I'd like to give u a bit of black history when it comes to whipping, spanking, beating our kids, whatever you'd like to call it. Yes, Katherine Jackson, who began her family in 1950 meant what she said about black people raising their kids that way because that's what they knew. That's how blacks were taught to teach a person how to obey them. And where did this type of teaching come from? Hmmm, how about slavery? Slave masters whipped their black slaves to make them obey their demands, and perform harder in the fields. Ofcourse, black people are more modernized now, and they explore other disciplinary actions, but back then, it was "the norm". I was born in 1975, and grew up in the 80's, and I got my azz whipped quite often. It can be violent because there is a very thin line that can be crossed between trying to teach your child an important life lesson and letting your temper get the best of you. I don't agree with spanking your child for every little thing they do wrong, but for some things, I do agree with it.

bazel

Yeah... I had a father (a good Christian & church deacon) who did the same to me and to this day defends his actions... those he can remember. But I'll tell you I remember every incident along with the fear and terror, the pain, the embarrassment, humiliation and the stripping of my dignity and self esteem. I remember his angry hateful face and gritting teeth while beating us. You can call it what ever you want to call it, but no one can commit these heinous acts without being "off". There is no justification for hurting children. No good comes of it. So glad the law is now on children's side.

Myrandak

Now Joe Michael is gone..its about time you came out with the truth..Whether you lash him with a belt or whip him..It is still beating...Why if he did something bad we could understand ..but just because he made mistakes while rehearsing....come on Joe he was just a kid..big people also make mistakes before they can get something right..it was really hurtful the way you made Mike felt about himself..No parent should tell a child he or she is ugly...hOW could you do that..that was really a low blow....I AM SPEECHLESS R.I.P MIKE