Schwarzenegger: 'No One Cares If You Smoke a Joint'

11/9/2010 10:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Soon-to-be-former governor of Kaleefornia Arnold Schwarzenegger couldn't have been more blunt on the topic of weed last night -- telling Jay Leno that in CA, "No one cares if you smoke a joint or not."

110910_schwarzenegger_nbc_video
Ahnald hit "The Tonight Show" to talk about the recent elections, when Leno brought up a pro-pot bill the gov just signed, making cannabis possession "like a speeding ticket."

Arnold went on to explain that Prop 19 -- which would have sorta-legalized the recreational use of weed -- wasn't defeated in Kaleefornia because it was a bad idea ... but because it was written poorly.

It ain't the first time Arnold's spoken out in support of weed -- dude famously puffed on a joint in the 1977 documentary, "Pumping Iron."

Yi

Everyone here who is anti-marijuana needs to go do their research. And i mean real research, not listening to fox news. Get the facts before you think marijuana is worse for you than alcohol, cigarettes or ANY other drug, legal or illegal.

JLS

Pot should be legalized! It's not nearly as bad as alcohol. New study on the net last week that states alcohol is worse than cocaine, pot or many other drugs. Google it.

NelsonH

Two things. 1) I love Arnold and 2) LEGALIZE IT

jo

Ben For every 1 person killed from weed there are hundreds killed from drinking...get it right.

hooka

I never smoke...GOVERNATOR would put you in their JOINT for finding a seed on a sidewalk if you are not in their GOP pea pea and tea party

CA RN

I'm a nurse. Maybe I should smoke a fat one before work and then make some life and death decisions. It's all about the money people - WAKE UP!

Pound Sand

Just think if it was legalized, the pizza and fast food business would go through the roof! Time to buy stock in Dominos!

GAG

Before he got married he used to hang out at the Oar House in Venice, California. Drank beer and played pool. She smoked it. No wonder her face looks like a cancer victim. When he leaves office there will be lots of people eager to tell the truth about those two. It ain't pretty.

FrankKenStein

I Like You. I'll Smoke You Last

Lynn M

Swartzenneger needs to realize that not all of California is as liberal as he is. Many of us also see the folly legalizing pot before the Feds make it legal. Believe it or not, there are still many people who do not use pot There are many more who do not want their children using pot, even if they use.

That said, while California is leading the country in pushing for legalization, our state hardly has a corner on the market in the US. My son went to an Ivy League school in the East and the drug was very prevalent.

Until the day comes that I can not be fired for having pot in my system, I'm staying away from the drug, even if it eventually becames "legal".

Lynn M

Lynn M

Carvey

Amsterdam, for all intents and purposes, made marijuana legal and teenage use of marijuana dropped to next to nothing. That's why I, a non-user, am in favor of legalizing marijuana in the United States. Prohibition taught us that criminalizing such things as alcohol and marijuana only leads to an increase in crime and crowded prisons.

Carvey

Posted at 4:31 PM on Nov 9, 2010 by CA RN

---

I've never met a nurse who wasn't on some sort of medication. If you're not then you're the first I've come across.

And yes, it is about the money, and legalizing it and regulating it like alcohol would strip the profit for marijuana and thus help remove the criminal element from the equation. Did we learn nothing from that failed social experiment called prohibition?

cookies

No one ever died from smoking a joint. Can you say that about alcohol?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments