Lindsay Lohan -- Just Shoot Me

11/11/2010 5:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Lindsay Lohan will be a working girl once more ... she's doing a big photo shoot next week, with the blessing of her counselors at the Betty Ford Clinic.

Lindsay Lohan:

Sources tell TMZ Lindsay will do the photo shoot one day next week in the Palm Springs area.  The shoot is for a major magazine.

The shoot is another sign that Lindsay is doing well in rehab.  The counselors have approved her recent outings as well as the shoot next week.

Lindsay is now living in a sober house which is part of Betty Ford, as a transition to life after rehab.

Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, tells TMZ ... "The move to the sober house is part of the program so that Lindsay is integrated back into society, and all the outings she's taken have been pre-approved and encouraged by program representatives."

Holley adds, "I've spoken with her counselors who say she's complying with all of the program directives."

0811_lindsay_lohan_footer

flyinskyler

I am actually glad to see there are some people with some common sense on the subject of Lindsay here, referring to: JaneB, titalee, Mark, Dana, and some others who are not wishing and betting on her downfall. No one is saying that L is not responsible for her actions, they are just hoping that she will take this chance given to her and make the most of it.
Actually admitting to being an addict and not sugarcoating it is a positive step in the right direction. Even if its baby steps, I hope she can continue to move forward instead of falling back into her old ways and addiction.
Addiction is not easy as getting up one morning saying you are not going to use anymore. Whenever you are an addict, you are always subject to a relapse at anytime. Yes, she is only one step from a relapse, but on the other side, she is also one step away from a new drug free life. She needs encouragement, not people bashing her for her past mistakes at every opportunity they get. No one could hold up to that scrutiny for a long period of time, even a non addict.
Addiction is much like depression. It works on the mind and body, sending it many times, false messages. That is why you see some addicts doing so well and they are totally clean, then suddenly you hear of them relapsing and even dying from their addiction, RE: DJ AM. I do not want Lindsay to be the next statistic, no matter what all of you haters out there say.
For some reason, I believe there is a kind and loving young woman who is under the shell of this train wreck that is her life right now. Maybe I do always try to see the best in people, but I would rather be a positive person, than always see the negative and be already betting on her failure and even wishing her relapse and death.
Remember, she is a human being with real feelings. Just because she gets some entertainment jobs, it does not mean that she is not like you and I when it comes to insecurities, self esteem, and yes, addiction. Addiction is a hard battle to fight, I have been there and done that, so I know its a lifelong ongoing struggle. Every time you have a major blowup in your life, you are prone to relapse and that hanging over your head all the time is not a good feeling. It is a good feeling though to be able to go more than six months without a relapse and see your life fall into place, a good place. That is what I am wishing for her. I hope that others will do the same. She will be in my prayers and hopefully she will beat this and find herself once again in a "good place".

ilovegossip

@tizalee

Don't forget that Robert Downey Jr. was sentenced to 3 years in jail, and served a year and a half. I have a feeling if Lindsay was in jail for a year and a half, she could kick her habit also.

flyinskyler

Contrary to popular belief here, jail does not cure or transform an addict. Yes, it is supposed to be a rehabilitation but it usually ends up turning the addict into a more angry and less productive person and jail ends up being a revolving door. "Learning your lesson" is such a little step in the whole scope of beating addiction. Truly making a better life drug free is based on making right decisions, including the company you keep and how to handle the rollercoaster lives many of us have without relapsing. A good rehab program is much better suited for an addict as it does give them the right tools to build on. Once the addict walks out that door though unsupervised, they have to be willing to keep up those changes and want a better life without the drugs and alcohol. If they do not think they can do it on their own, there is help. There are life coaches and sponsors that are willing to be there for her in her moments of weakness if she takes advantage of that. If I knew her personally, I would be glad to keep her guided in the right direction as I have been through the temptations of addiction and the relapses. I have mine under control now but it took a lot of work, and yes, a lot of years time. Chances are she will relapse again at some point, I just hope she has some responsible people there to catch her when she falls. Relapses are part of the whole process, but what happens is the relapses get to be further and further apart.
Like Lindsay, I also did not have good role models as parents and I did have a lack of supportive people who truly wanted me to be drug free. I mean addicts do not like to use alone, so anytime you hang with addicts, no matter how long you have been sober, you are at risk. That is why its so important you change the company you keep. Its kinda like the saying, misery loves company. For her sake, I hope her parents can make some positive changes in their own lives so they can actually be an effective force in her recovery. A good support system goes a long way.
I can understand she needs the work, but it would be nice if she could get out of Hollywood for a while, at least until she can get under control and break some of her bad habits and routines. I can only wish her the best.

JaneB

flyinskyler,
Thank you so much for your contribution, particually your PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, which is sooo valuable in understand how things REALLY WORK.
It is so hard to stay clean some times. It is so hard. And yet, worth every drop of sweat.
COME ON BABY. I want you to be HAPPY AGAIN.

Delmar

@flyinskyler But what of Lindsay's co-occuring problems? Look at Demi Lovato right now, Lindsay had similar problems at a similar age. These are cutting and eating disorder. Both have estranged fathers and some dysfunction in families. I'm onboard with Lindsay getting clean and all of that but I think she isn't that dirty. It's hard to tell just how extensive her substance addiction is. But she certainly is left with many problems that are at the core. Let's look: she took adderall for ADHD for years and may still take it (TMZ's story may be fantasy about what UCLA diagnosed), was prescribed antidepressant zoloft for years, trazodone for trouble sleeping. But more than that she's mentioned often that she can't stay alone. She also was ordered to go to a psych ward from the court-appointed psychiatrists back in July, not to a conventional drug rehab. I think being drug/alcohol free doesn't necessarily mean that Lindsay is OK. First, we don't know that she hasn't been diagnosed with clinical depression or something more serious. Second, even if she stays clean a couple of months if she doesn't do all of the therapy needed she'll resort to whatever drew her to drugs.

Cutting is serious and often represents a very emotionally troubled person. Dina is on tape saying Lindsay cuts and cuts were found on her body as recently as February of this year when she did a photoshoot in a bikini. So, yes, she may have addictions, but I don't know if she has any physical dependency on drugs. I don't think so. And her psychological dependency is tied into all of her other issues and shouldn't be separated. The problem is, while saying she is an "addict", people focus on the substance abuse and may be missing the fact that she may be depressed WHEN sober. That's my main problem with how Lindsay is portrayed.

RosWeiz

She needs to fade away for a couple of years and spend the time figuring what she wants to do with her life. How many times have we heard she's doing "great" and "a different person". When she does put REAL time into her recovery including a completely changed sober living lifestyle is when I'd be interested in reading or seeing a photoshoot of her.

Thinkabout-it

As a felony probation officer, I can predict with 100% accuracy that Ms. Lohan will relapse if she is not remanded back into inpatient treatment ASAP! She needed to be in a long-term inpatient treatment center and be treated like the severe drug addict that she is..not a celebrity addict! I have never in my career heard of approved shopping trips and such. Ridiculous. She should have been inpatient for a minimum of 6-12 months. The judge knows this and so does this treatment staff...why they are giving her a pass can only be due to financial resons I suspect. How can LL not have medical insurance like everyone else? Why can she not go to a normal inpatient center...why must she go to the best one in the country? I call BS...all of my offenders get inpatient treatment if needed..even the indigent ones.

And for "Nicole" to say she only has 53 days and she is scott free is a joke.....If she doesn't get her addiction under control before her probation term ends she can and WILL pick up a new case! And the cycle will start all over again. She will have these problems her whole life and will be in and out of jail and later prison until and unless she makes the decesion to get her shiz straight. And don't think her PO won't file if she test positive the very day her probation ends....I file for revocation on my offenders all the time...just when they think they are free....She better wait until the day After! That's what drugs do to your brain..they have a way of making you think you are smarter than you really are.

jwoolman

She's in the part of the program that is trying to ease them back into regular life, with a lot of supervision. If they can let the patients out for shopping or a movie, they can let them out for a day's photo shoot... It's an opportunity to see if she can manage under normal working conditions without failing her next drug/alcohol test (which will probably be asap, if they're sensible!) or engaging in the obnoxious behavior that turned off a lot of potential employers. Show up on time and well rested and sober, Lindsay.

Wiley

great. she's a talented professional model since she was 10.

it's time to see what a real photographer can do with her instead of those snaps we see lately taken by the paps (who insist on taking bad pictures after bad pictures instead of taking basic photo-lessons first).

Posted at 6:16 PM on Nov 11, 2010 by mark
___________________________________________________________

I assume you are talking about real photographers who use photoshop to remove the flaws. Paps have decent cameras and they get reality. What you want is a Lindsay photo with all her flaws removed and that's a lot of work because she looks like she's 40+ years old and isn't really a model. She is of interest only because she's obviously sold her rehab story to someone and they want the accompanying photos. They'll retouch them and make her look oh so healthy and beautiful to enhance their story about how healthy and well she is now that she's addiction free, even though she hasn't even finished her program. We know this because it's happened so many times before. The hard part will come when she's on her own and that's what always gets her.

Carvey

Of course the rehab center approved her photo shoot... they want to get paid.

Lucky_130

Lindsay's self esteem is quite healthy, but the unfortunate reality is she has not received the love she needs which can send anyone who suffers from emotional needs into relapse.
Now I can understand why so many actors resort to Scientology, but like most religious institutions it dose not provide the truth certain individuals need.
Although I have never joined a secret society yet, I read Manly P. Halls work religiously, and have been able to overcome my emotions by having a "Lions Paw" grip over my emotions even though I could still cry on cue.
Recovery is possible, and controlling your emotions, and materialistic needs is part of the challenge certain individuals must confront before reaching Nirvana.

Carvey

Posted at 11:19 PM on Nov 11, 2010 by Lucky 130
---

You're an idiot.

Lucky_130

Hmmm. an idiot. As Im watching Jay Leno I can only laugh at the ignorance of the profane. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.

Carvey

Go back to school, idiot.

Lucky_130

94- Im in school, and Im a Ravenclaw Perfect!