Cops Reviewing

'Teen Mom' Violence

11/10/2010 2:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Cops now have the unedited video of a recent episode of "Teen Mom" -- which allegedly shows T.M.'s Amber Portwood beating the crap out of her ex-fiance ... this according to Anderson, Indiana cops.

1110_amber__gary_teen_mom_EX
The Anderson P.D. tells TMZ, MTV turned the tapes over yesterday -- after receiving a subpoena for any evidence of domestic violence.

Cops launched the probe after a recent "Teen Mom" episode aired -- showing an altercation between Amber and her baby daddy Gary Shirley. During the episode, Amber repeatedly hits and kicks Gary.

Amber could face felony domestic violence charges if the couple's kid witnessed the altercation.

1110_whos_your_daddy_footer

jhunter

for the record, he is completely useless... i would hit a useless broken TV just as hard. If it didnt work especially.

crabbygirl81

Both of them are terrible parents. Neither one pays attention to the little girl.

I realize that MTV only shows a "portion" of what actually goes on, but from what they show, it appears that Amber sits on her ass all day long, eats 3 meals a day, and does nothing else. There is dirty laundry and garbage everywhere.

Meanwhile, her poor daughter is wandering around their house/apartment aimlessly looking for something to do. And whenever she gets whiny (which children under 15 (haha!) usually do, Amber does her "quuuiiiit" crap (that someone previously mentioned, lol - I thought I was the only one annoyed with that crap!)

I really wish either a.) Made it illegal to have children under 21 or b.) make people get a license before they can breed

Jennyy

Why is it taking so long to charge her with D.V. we all know that had it been him hitting her like that he would have been arrested right after the episode aired, then there would have been an investigation. Now they have to see the unedited tape to decide if she hit him, give me a break she needs to be in jail.

Broeheem

Of course there will be no legal ramifications for the pig-woman.
Magic Vagina wins again.

crabbygirl81

Sorry, apparently I am very opinionated about this subject...

@ jhunter - I completely agree. Gary just stands there and takes the abuse. Come on dude - walk out and stay out already! From what I've read, he didn't even file any police reports, they were filed because a viewer of Teen Mom wrote in to someone at the police department to investigate. Be a man Gary - get a job, don't go back to Amber, and get your kid out of there. He's just as bad as Amber, allowing his daughter to live in that environment.

Ok, I'm done.

Ray2447

The little children are least able to contend with domestic violence. According to the U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services and DOJ statistics, more kids are killed by neglect and abuse in a year (1,760... in 2007), than all the female intimate partner homicides in a year. Mothers are the single largest group of kid killers, according to HHS and they have a rate twice that of fathers. Nowhere near the money is spent to protect kids from kid killing mothers as is spent by the domestic violence industry to protect women. A lot of innocent men are witch-hunted by the corrupt, gender feminist influenced, taxpayer funded, domestic violence industry. Involving the corrupt d.v. industry in an attempt to prevent abusive and neglectful deaths of children is a big mistake. No place better characterizes the corruption of the taxpayer funded, domestic violence industry than "Los Misandry" at Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAmOxvudpF8

Heidi

It is a felony in Indiana if domestic violence is committed in the presence of a child. She could be charged with a misdemeanor if no child was present. There are, of course, others possible charges involving battery but considering the cir***stances these two are the most likely.

Heidi

Supposedly, it is taking so long because the prosecutor was waiting the for the tapes from MTV to determine if Leah was present or if it was edited by MTV.

TanyafromCanada

Why are there so many negative comments here. She is young and human and I don't know 1 perfect human and if any man ever threatened to take my children away I would go wacko too. Mental abuse is just as bad as physical and I have seen the show and there are many episodes where He is no better then she........

Tinalouise

I believe Gary wanted to make this work for the sake of the child, he said many times he loved his family. No one but no one could live with that psycho bitch though and he needs to move on, get a real job and find some stability for that cute little girl!! She is so precious, I am surprised she isn't running around screaming " **** you gary" or other nasty words after watching her nut for a mother. Lock her ass up and make her get some counseling because if it was Gary who hit her his ass would have been in jail!!

Ray2447

If she'd been a man, she'd already be in jail. V.P. Biden recently called violence against women, "the very worst abuse." The very worst abuse is valuing one life less than another for having been born the wrong sex. Under Biden's Violence Against Women Act the wrong sex is men. Shelter and services are virtually non-existent for male victims of domestic violence so those options out of a bad relationship, that are routinely available to women, are very often not available to men. Men wind up gender profiled and often falsely accused by the taxpayer funded, d.v. industry, because of gender feminist ideology controlling the d.v. industry. Men are often battered by domestic violence, and then battered again by the taxpayer funded, domestic violence industry as shown in "Los Misandry" at Youtube.

mo

she should be charged. i don't care how much he pisses her off she needs help. if he put his hands on her he would have been locked up along time ago. why is it differeent cause a girl hit a guy?

me not you

All I can say is thank goodness I got my cable shut off 6 months ago so I have absolutely no clue who either of these two trailer park heroes are. All I know is MTV is once again glamorizing teen sex and pregnancy and whoever this guy is he looks like a 40-year-old lumberjack. And apparently there's a kid involved, who should be taken away from both of them and put up for adoption.

Teenagers with babies and "fiances" - ugh, America.

Genjerleigh

She's an awful parent and I hope she's punished for her violent tendencies. You know her daughter has seen her get violent. And how can she have let that guy she barely know move in with her and her daughter - let this virtual stranger touch her baby's private parts and not see the problem? How does she know he's not a pedophile? She's selfish and makes stupid choices that could and likely have caused harm to her daughter. Her good intentions mean nothing when her actions are so irresponsible. Gary is a better parent.

Shane!

You all know, more than 75% of those shows are set-up by MTV.
MTV has been filming an episode of 16 and Pregnant around my sister for the past few months and they set up most of what goes on, including fights.
They thrive to get fights on film and if they don't they will set up a fake argument.
At one point I had footage of them doing so and had it online, but since my family signed a release and I didn't, I didn't want to get them in trouble or sued by MTV so I took it down.
MTV either will setup the situations around them (which more than 75% of what they shoot is setup) or they will try to get a argument started.
But, yeah, the majority is setup. The only thing that is real is that these teens are pregnant and they do have kids. Everythins else is setup.