Katherine Jackson's Secret Contract

11/12/2010 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Jackson has been bitterly complaining the Michael Jackson Estate is not giving her enough money, and now we know what she's done to supplement her income in a big way.

1111-katherine-jackson-bn-tmz-launch-2

TMZ has obtained a contract Katherine signed with Vintage Pop Media (VPM), the company that owns tens of thousands of photos, videos and other MJ items.  Under the deal -- which is not sanctioned by the MJ Estate -- Katherine agreed to participate in the production of "The Katherine Jackson Story," some sort of MJ documentary set to music.  Katherine also agreed to pen the book that was just released, "Never Can Say Goodbye."

In return for her work, VPM -- owned by her controversial business partner Howard Mann -- agreed to pay Katherine 25% of the net profits with a minimum monthly guarantee of $10,000-a-month.  But here's what's really interesting ... there's no end date for the $10-grand-a-month, so if you read the contract literally, VPM agrees to pay Katherine at least $10k-a-month for the rest of her life.

And get this.  The contract also says Katherine has the legal right to "forever bind" Michael's kids, Prince, Paris and Blanket.  According to sources familiar with the MJ Estate, Katherine does not have the power to contractually bind Michael's kids.

Katherine is already raking in $26,000-a-month from the MJ Estate, but she's complaining she wants more.  Looks like she found it.

Howard Mann tells TMZ, "This is one of several agreements with Mrs. Jackson. This was a starting point in our relationship."

Sunshine

Is she supposed to babysit 3 kids that are not her own for free?

TomG

Are you kidding me?! She still wants more money even though she's getting $26k/month. It takes me a full year to make that kind of income. I mean, how much money do these people really need? I wouldn't be complaining about a damn thing is I was making $26k/month.

Ghost

LEECHES and BLOODSUCKing s***....this whole family is just trying to cash in...they are all the same, just wearing different coats...

Barb.A.

kathy 40, I don't care what KJ does to make money or how much the estate gives her. I think MJ made it clear where he wanted his money to go in his will.

What I do care about is those kids. They are innocent by standers and I don't what to see them drug thru the mud later down the road because of something their grandparents did.

They already have people talking bad about them even though they didn't ask to be born, but they are here and they need to be protected.

As far as Elvis or Lennon they were great entertainers but neither of them had reached the status that MJ did, so that's probably why there isn't much being said about them. I personally like both as singer's but that's about as far as it went.

Barb.A.

fixing a type o
I don't want to see

ROMO

well well well, funny how money turns people. I can now imagine how mj felt when he was alive, the very people who were suppost to love and care for him, all were greedy, selfish, money hungry assh##es, including joe, kathyrne, Jerm, and the rest of the clan. he (mj)really had no one to turn to, someone he could rely on.

sgm

I thought ole Joe was bad! Katherine is turning into a regular money grubbing ole lady. When is enough enough?

shadowmia

Is there anything this woman won't do for money? -- trying to bind MJ's kids to Her contract!!
And the book is the one she so sweetly told Oprah she "wrote for MJ's fans"

dd

Right on mysteria333 MICHAEL WANTED HIS MOM TO BE TAKEN CARE OF TRUE MICHAEL FANS DON'T DISRESPECT HIS MOTHER! TMZ go start something with someone elses mom, hey how about the mom that was sharing a bed with her son in law after her daughters death!! LEAVE KATHERINE ALONE! MICHAEL YOUR TRUE FANS RESPECT YOUR WISHES....

PK

Living off your family members is a Jackson way of life! Those who worked for it have to give it to those who didn't! What a bunch of losers! I thought the mother was the only one that didn't fall into that catagory, but I guess I was wrong! Those poor kids to have to be brought up in that atmosphere. If I were the judge, I'd make the estate pay for private boarding school in England for all the kids! Michael preferred places outside of the US, probably to keep the kids away from those leaches!!

natasha

Bless the Jacksons, they have been through so much. They all remain so strong, they're an inspiration, Michael was too good for this word but his message will live on. I wish katherine the best, hopefully she isn't being pressured into anything.

aston

It's not all about the money, she is deeply mourning her son.

But it's certainly more about the money than I believed it to be. Why on earth is she doing business with those people? Why are they in her life at all? She doesn't need them. If she wanted to publish a book, why not contact a legit publishing company, get a good deal and do it in style? That site promoting the book and other items is so heartbreakingly cheap.

A different point - why is she getting so little money from the estate? Would be a lot of dollars to me, but the two managers of the estate have probably so far gotten much, much more in percentage off deals. That doesn't sit well with me. As it seems she may not do good things with her part, but that's her business.

The children: Katherine, as their guardian, has the right to make deals on their behalf, like allowing Paris to make a film role, for example. I suppose she'd have to clear the money handling involved with some kind of legal authority, though - but not with the estate. The estate does not own the children, and neither does Katherine.

dd

Good point 72 now I'm wondering how they let you have my username? Kinda weird but no beef because I agree with you..As much as people whine how pathetic would it be for Katherine to let a bunch of lawyers handle everything and make zillions off of her sons name...get with it people Michael is a business to them and his mom wants to protect his name and protect her grandchildrens future!

misty

Just go to Graceland, Memphis, Tn during "Elvis Week" every August. Last Aug. 15,000 braced 118 degree temperatures to silently walk up to Elvis grave. Over the course of the week, there is twice that amount who attend the events around Graceland. There is love and respect for Elvis. People travel from Brazil, Japan, Chile, Cambodia, UK, etc. Some people don't speak English, but can sing Elvis songs. Just like Edison Pena, the rescued Chilean Miner displayed during his visit to NYC for the marathon. He said Elvis and his faith kept him alive during the 69 day ordeal in the mine.

Posted at 7:50 AM on Nov 12, 2010 by Barb.A.