Matt Lauer

'We Stand By'

Kanye Interview

11/11/2010 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Matt Lauer is holding his ground against Kanye West -- claiming he stands by his recent interview with the rapper ... despite Kanye's allegations that Matt manipulated him into showing remorse for George W. Bush

Matt Lauer and Kanye West
Kanye flipped out on Twitter yesterday -- after "Today" aired a clip of the interview -- claiming Lauer "tried to force" his answers during Tuesday's sit-down ... in which the rapper said, "I would tell George Bush, in my moment of frustration that I didn't have the grounds to call him a racist."

But Lauer stood by his interview -- which addressed the rapper's famous post-Katrina remark that Bush "doesn't care about black people" -- airing the entire segment this morning to prove that nothing was taken out of context.

Kanye is scheduled to return to "Today" for a performance on November 26th -- and sources at the show tell us they're still expecting the rapper to show up.

1111_TODAY_CLIP_2

Timdog

Another black man with a VOICE...silenced by the white establishment...SAD :(

Tupac would have made Matt Lauer pee his pants and checked George Bush for worrying about what some rapper things about him....Where have the intelligent rappers gone????

john

The real problem is that the guy cannot string 3 or 4 sentences in a group.

george clooney

#10 You like little boys don't you?

Sherry

I feel for Kanye West....he went on the show to show he made mistakes and is owning up to them. I feel he is a very sensitive man who truly misses his mother's input and guidance. He will make mistakes, just like we all do. Yes he may be outspoken and say things that we may not agree with, but he has the right to say how he feels and believes. I wish him much happiness as he seems so alone and at times guarded. I find him, even at my age, a truly talented person. He may across as arrogant but I think he is just a convinent man.

ron

this guy....is a pure and total Jerk. Mr. West I mean. not GWB.
he is a total idiot and who cares about him. His music stinks like my dogs dodododododododo

BrookeKJ

Kanye is one of the dumbest people ever interviewed on Today. Please make him go away. Why is he famous? He sounds so uneducated and ignorant.

Bubba

Kanye West does what he knows how to do best and that is *itch, he should back to school and reeducate himself on how to speak in public...or maybe he should just rap everything...BTW his new album SUCKS! Kanye get a life and a career.

Nikkcolle

People don't like Kanye because he is an idiot not because he is black. If all reason fails play the race card.

Patti

Kanye is so uneducated he didn't know how to respond. Natt had him by the short hairs and he knew it so he WHINES and tries to get out of it. I am SO over this poor excuse for a man.

cmueller

It was difficult to watch the interview. The tone of it gave way too much importance to anything KW has to say. He's an impulsive idiot. Confidence + immaturity + wealth is not an agreeable combination for Mr. West.

jmak10

Matt Lauer is an *******, I have no-respect for him after the way he treats his poor wife. Kanye is also an *******, who gives a rats ass what he has to say. I am so glad that I don't watch NBC.

bea

Kanye is the epitome of "a BULLY." This is the type of person that tortures people of all types including the POTUS and Taylor Swift who did not deserve his very hurtful comments and behavior.

SEER

I watched the interview and West came off like a blithering idiot. He couldn't get a clear sentence out that meant anything. An actual "I'm sorry" would have surficed. The more he opens his big mouth the more of an ass me looks like. SHUT UP FOOL!

SEER

I watched the interview and West came off like a blithering idiot. He couldn't get a clear sentence out that meant anything. An actual "I'm sorry" would have surficed. The more he opens his big mouth the more of an ass he looks like. SHUT UP FOOL!

janja

Gosh if only anyone gave a flying crap this would really be a story!