Mel Gibson ... Smokin'

11/11/2010 7:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson lit up as he was leaving his church this AM in Malibu, after spending a day on the stand yesterday in his custody war with Oksana Grigorieva.

0921-media-removed-britney
That's about it.

0907_gibson_footer

Diane

She'd drive me to drinkin', to smokin', and maybe even to checkin' out that medicinal herb, too.

Posted at 3:08 PM on Nov 11, 2010 by wasted days and wasted nights

No kidding! Dealing with a "lying, liarface, liarhead with extra lying on top" would make a saint look for some hard drugs.

Gene

I am sure it is either smoke cigarettes OR drink alcohol. And I think Mel, like most Alcoholics chooses to smoke and not drink. My son goes to meetings, and everyone there smokes, it is just disgusting, BUT it is by far the lesser of two evils, cause they can control who they subjecting their smoke to. You can't do that with alcohol, everyone near you is subjected to your drunkeness. At least with a cigarette you can leave a room, go outside, go to the bathroom etc. and no harm to anyone but you.

what a mess

Wow, 36, chill out dude. lol

Posted at 3:47 PM on Nov 11, 2010 by pc
-------------------------------
In my comments to JOHN, I stated NOTHING REMOTELY offensive. Not sure why you're telling ME to "chill out dude"

Just as an FYI "dude" - LOL has outlived it's shelf live. To some it still means Laugh Out Loud to others (a growing group) it means Loser On Line

angelika466

My dad smoked for 40 years, quit and promptly had a series of heart attacks. My Mom began seriously smoking three packs a day when she turned 40, and when she quit at age 62 she had a horrible stroke two days after she quit cold turkey. I think with all the junk/additives they put in cigarettes today, it is dangerous to quit cold turkey. I think you have to wean yourself off slowly, Cigarettes use to be 100% pure tabaco, a cigarette would turn hard as a rock one day after you left it out, it would go stale. Dad use to keep his in fridge. Then they added all that preservative crap to them, and the became truly deadly.

Posted at 3:50 PM on Nov 11, 2010 by Gene

You are correct
I smoked off and on for 30 years
quit cold turkey a 20 times than kept picking up the habit again.
I finally looked at how I had failed and came up with a new plan that so far has worked for over 8.5 months the longest I have ever not smoked.
1. Behavior modification- quit smoking while driving after eating etc.
2.Start cutting back smoke a few less every day
3. Pick a day to quit and stick with it.
4. Take B12 vitamin helps you get through the stress
5. remind yourself everyday how much better you feel since you quit
so far so good.

Majestik

I can't believe all the sympathy for this abusive piece of ****, HE HITS WOMEN AND IS CRAZY!!!!WTF is up with people not caring about that? F@ck Mel Gibson, he's a piece of garbage that has lost his damn mind!

Posted at 3:49 PM on Nov 11, 2010 by gemini81

They are paging you over at the Charlie Sheen threads. They need your brilliant observations and stellar posting ability.

andy

Daytime smoker, midnight toker???

Tired of toxomom

If I had to deal with Oxy, I'd be doing something a lot stronger than cigarettes.

redvixen

Yes, let's play the blaming game and blame Oksana for his sinking career, his smoking, Mel looking like an 80 year old, his rants, his philandering, his alcoholism, his homophobia, etc, etc . . . I could go on, but unlike the Mel Jihad Brigade, I do have a life. Just post my opinion and go on.

fran

The cigarette doesnt look like its lit. I dont care if he does smoke, as long as its not around the baby. Alot of you people on here smoke so what. He said he was trying, and he does have the most gorgeous blue eyes ....my biggest concern is does Mel know that Oksana has exposed his daughter for all the world to see. Mel is very protective of his children, I am sure this will not go over very well with him and his lawyers. Judge Gordon was a dam fool to lift the ban, now that idiot woman will be showing that little girl all over and making money off of her.
Judge Gordon needs to retire. Mel insist on a new judge.

john

I'm 100 percent PRO MEL.

I guess I'm just so frustrated with this PROCESS. And I keep thinking the cops/DA/Judge Gordon will step up to the plate and throw the book at oskana.

But they don't, and it goes on and on and on.

My "idea" I just started posting yesterday, I figured Nov 10th, the Judge would rule for Mel. Also, people have been saying for a few months, after the elections the DA would arrest oskana. Well, the 10th came and went.

So, I'm thinking, it's a stacked deck against MEL. And he's paying both side lawyers and the MEDIA is posting "crap". "oh, look MEL is smoking", ok ,look at oksana and baby, oh look, mel in car with lawyer. It's crap.

So hence , give up the custody thing and in a couple of years go again for 1/2 custody.

I'm not even writing this for the people here, but maybe someone Mel knows could repeat the "concept" to him.

Because the lawyers have an interest in him to keep fighting. Even oskana has an interest for Mel to keep fighting. The Media has an interest for Mel to keep fighting. If he gives up custody, he just pays child support and he will not have to worry about oskana saying "Mel is hurting the baby" and all the made up stuff she says.

Some of you people are thinking Mel is winning, I just don't see it. 99 percent of people posting feel what oskana is doing is wrong. But the cops do nothing about it, the DA does nothing about it, the Media does nothing about it. Hollywood is doing nothing about it.

Majestik

Posted at 3:55 PM on Nov 11, 2010 by Diane

coughcoughcoughcough.

Thanks Diane, nearly had a mouthful of coffee there LOL.

caroline

Its sad I really liked Mel had all of his movies until he started going wacko a few years back. He was hot back in the day now looks older than he is. Should have never ****ed around on his wife with this bitch bet he's sorry he did now.And he's like my husband they will only quit smoking when they die.

gemini81

Posted at 3:58 PM on Nov 11, 2010 by Majestik
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````
And you're being paged by the "a**holes that like women beaters" thread, I'm sure you're there defending Sheen too, and saying how cute you think he is. It's okay that men can get away with acting like complete psychos, and everyone defends their insanity later. Nice try there.

kickaboo

Someone made that comment, which dealing with Ox could make Mel have issues with stress, it made me think of 'him' and Veterans' Day.

Oops posted it over the other thread, suppose to be here.

fran

This guy looks hot no matter what he does!!! LOL

Posted at 3:22 PM on Nov 11, 2010 by ohreally
LOL!! YES HE DOES!!!

Posted at 3:24 PM on Nov 11, 2010 by fuddyduddy

ditto and those eyes gorgeous