Michael Jackson's Lead Single -- 'Hold My Hand'

11/12/2010 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The first new Michael Jackson single will be a not-so-new duet with Akon -- a song entitled "Hold My Hand" that was originally leaked in 2008.

110101-michael-album-cover2

Epic Records/Sony Music just announced the lead single off the upcoming album "Michael" -- and "Hold My Hand" will be released this coming Monday, November 15 on michaeljackson.com.

Akon and MJ recorded the track back in 2007 ... a raw, incomplete version was eventually leaked to the public.

1112_akon_mj_small_audio2The new album will feature a total of 10 tracks -- including the controversial "Breaking News" -- when it's released December 14.

Here's the version that came out in 2008.

Patty

Wow! Why didn't MJ record using this voice instead of the higher one, he would be at the top of the charts today? I'm not even an MJ fan but I would buy that, what a voice. This is so much better than what Katherine Jackson released, or her partner, whoever released it.

viewer

where's place with no name?

Unknown

Unfortunate that Michael is not here... The music lives.

Kristan

I like the song. Obviously they had to substitute a bit but you can still identify the parts that are MJ and there are enough parts there to enjoy the song. We are use to seeing MJ play a front and center role in any song so I think people expected that. Of course that isn't possible anymore so we are just going to have to be satisfied with what they were able to come up with.

MJFan4Life

I remember watchin' a interview with Akon not too long ago. He was talkin' about time spent with MJ. About MJ disguisin' himself and they went to the movies.

Akon said that they did a lot of recordin' together but Michael kept sayin'..."it can be better", when Akon thought it was perfect. He then said none of those tracks was ever saved and that he planned to use those ideas for himself in the future now.

Maybe not exact words but it was somethin' like that. Is this Michaels voice on this track or that Jason guy singin' with Akon? I'm at work and not able to listen to the song for myself to judge.

Sheriff Rusty

Hootie and the Blowfish called they want their song back

Brownie

I think it is wonderful... heard part of it when it "leaked" but am very happy to know it will be on Michael's new CD. Love & Peace always!

Tara

OFFICIAL MICHAEL JACKSON SINGLE
HOLD MY HAND
TO BE RELEASED ON NOVEMBER 15th

MICHAEL Album Track Listing Unveiled

New York, NY - The first official single from the forthcoming Michael Jackson album MICHAEL will be released globally on Monday, November 15th at 12:01am EST. The song entitled “Hold My Hand” will be unveiled on www.michaeljackson.com and for sale digitally thereafter.

“Hold My Hand”, a duet with Akon, is a song they recorded in 2007. A handwritten note from Michael belonging to his Estate indicated his desire that “Hold My Hand” be the first single on his next project. However, in its unfinished state, the song leaked out in 2008. Akon recently completed the new and final production of “Hold My Hand.”

Akon comments, “The world was not ready to hear ‘Hold My Hand’ when it leaked a couple years ago. We were devastated about it. But its time has definitely come; now in its final state, it has become an incredible, beautiful, anthemic song. I’m so proud to have had the chance to work with Michael, one of my all time idols.”

On December 14th, Epic Records in conjunction with the Estate of Michael Jackson, will release the much-anticipated new album MICHAEL. The album contains ten tracks, produced by an esteemed group of producers along with Michael Jackson. While primarily focused on songs that Michael worked on recently, there are also earlier compelling tracks.

MICHAEL is the first release in nine years of new material by one of music’s most beloved icons whose artistry continues to touch new generations of fans. The album marks another release under the new agreement between the Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music announced in March that continues the label’s 35-year relationship with Michael and his music. During that time, Michael sold hundreds of millions of records, had 13 #1 singles and released the pop culture phenomenon “Thriller,” which remains music’s all-time bestselling album with more than 100 million copies sold worldwide.

MICHAEL ALBUM TRACKLISTING:

1. Hold My Hand (Duet with Akon)
2. Hollywood Tonight
3. Keep Your Head Up
4. (I Like) The Way You Love Me
5. Monster (Featuring 50 Cent)
6. Best Of Joy
7. Breaking News
8. (I Can’t Make It) Another Day (Featuring Lenny Kravitz)
9. Behind The Mask
10. Much Too Soon

www.michaeljackson.com

America1

This song is absolutely beautiful....MJ's angelic voice always puts a smile on my face....I can't wait to get the CD....

mjj34

For Fan-Club thank to contact us to be a part of an international petition created by the MJFranceforum : - write to mjfranceteam@mjfrance.com only for the fan club or forums administrators - http://mjfrance.com/actu/index.php?post%2F2010%2F11%2F12%2FBREAKING-NEWS-%3A-ACTION-CONTRE-CERTAINES-CHANSONS-DE-MICHAEL%2F2152 for all the other fans. The aim is to collect the most of signatures of forums administrators we can have.

mjj34

Cette fois-ci, nous nous devons de faire quelque chose pour faire retirer les chansons dont nous avons un doute sur leur interprétation par Michael Jackson. Vous êtes fan, agissez au nom de la mémoire de Micha...el pour faire passer le mot à l'ensemble des fans clubs à travers la planète... Unissons nous ! Si vous voulez signer cette pétition, vous pouvez vous rendre à cette adresse : http://www.petitions24.com/michael

Marie

Aren't people going to say that the song Michael Jackson recorded with Akon is fake too?

Chelsea

Ahhhhhhhh I miss him so much. and I'm confused. Like I want to buy it but would Michael want me too? :(

Daphne

Posted at 9:30 AM on Nov 12, 2010 by Tara

Great. As long as there's MJ's vocals in the album, I'll buy it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments