Michael Jackson's Lead Single -- 'Hold My Hand'

11/12/2010 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The first new Michael Jackson single will be a not-so-new duet with Akon -- a song entitled "Hold My Hand" that was originally leaked in 2008.

110101-michael-album-cover2

Epic Records/Sony Music just announced the lead single off the upcoming album "Michael" -- and "Hold My Hand" will be released this coming Monday, November 15 on michaeljackson.com.

Akon and MJ recorded the track back in 2007 ... a raw, incomplete version was eventually leaked to the public.

1112_akon_mj_small_audio2The new album will feature a total of 10 tracks -- including the controversial "Breaking News" -- when it's released December 14.

Here's the version that came out in 2008.

kim

Here is "keep your head up". found another link

sylvanya

give
me the opportunity to understand, but dont do this on my TV
anymore..with pride...save the new generation. But there is Lady
Gaga..COMMON! THE WORLD LACKS OF COMPATION AND LOVE'YOU
GIMMME BACK LENNON AND JACKSON!!!

Straight Talkin Texan

Nice sentiment, but it is a little repetitive.

sylvanya

Ya, nice sentiment,yes, my feelings, but who cares if a little repetitive.

K

Brill

sylvanya

by syphern
vas te faire foutre !

Chic

Vision DVD's and Michael CD is on the way can't wait. I have the Michael Jackson BILLIE JEAN Collectible figure it's awesome.
Love you forever MJ!

kim

Hey Chic,

i too have the vision dvd's, and michael cd and the videogame on order. hopefully will not hurt myself playing that game. lol.. where did you order the collection figure from?

sarah

It's an Ok songm nore Akon than MJ. Just compare it to Billie Jean or Human Nature, then ask yourself how good it is, unfortuately MJ passed his prime at least 15 years ago.

nobleday

Lovely.

alice

Love this song!

Tanya

Yes, the version of "Hold My Hand" that's on the album will contain more of MJ and less of Akon. Thank goodness.
For the people who are trying to ruin the album by saying it's not Michael Jackson, get a life. It is him. Sony and the Estate both hired a forensic musicologist who tested it, and they both were conclusive that it IS him. Also, numerous people who worked with MJ over the years all said it is him. Sony would be sued if it wasn't really him, and they sold it as him. Come on now.
"Another Day" is a great song, but apparently the Estate has a hand-written note from Michael (before he passed, of course) saying he wanted "Hold My Hand" to be the lead single off of his new album.

Pina

LOVE IT !! What a beautiful song. Michael's voice is truly beautiful. This song makes me miss him even more. P.S. TMZ, there are a million GORGEOUS pictures of Michael out there. Why do you insist on using the worst?

Eleonora49

I am in Germany today and on my way home from work, the Radio played Hold my Hand for the first time.I fell in Love with Michaels beautiful Voice over and over again. How mutch I love to hear him sing. He makes me forget all of my troubles. Love you Michael! <3

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments