Kanye West:

HELL NO, I Won't Perform on 'Today'

11/12/2010 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West claims there's no way he's going to perform on the "Today" show later this month -- as he was scheduled to do -- strictly because of the way Matt Lauer and Co. handled his interview about George W. Bush.

1112_kanye_BN_TMZ_01
Just hours ago, Kanye went to his Twitter page and pounded out the following message, "I'm not performing on the Today Show for obvious reasons. I'm so happy the world got to see just a small piece of 'the set up.'"

As we previously reported, Kanye butted heads with "Today" over an interview they aired on Wednesday -- in which Kanye said, "I would tell George Bush, in my moment of frustration that I didn't have the grounds to call him a racist."

As of yesterday, the people at "Today" still expected Kanye to do their show on Black Friday -- but now a rep tells us Kanye's officially out.

kcv

I tried to give Kanye the benefit of the doubt (since he reminds me of my "*******" cousin), but dude is seriously insecure. I really wish he would just come out of the closet and then he can get back to making good music, not bad headlines! If he's not in the closet, then he needs to figure out what it is that he hates about himself and stop projecting! You're good Kanye, but faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from the best, but somehow you've convinced yourself that people will care about you if you keep running your mouth about stupid stuff. Go back, get your education and love life!

coroner

His momma should beat his butt!! Oh, wait, i forgot....

Could someone please beat his butt...?

Too soon?

Lets Be Honest

The problem with this RACIST person name Kayne West is that his mouth has written way too many checks that his butt will never be able to cash.

Can't wait for the pics of RACIST Kayne sprawled out on the floor. He's way overdue for his due.

Michele

Who cares? He is a loser.

Pua

Eh... I'm sure the show is davastated to not have him on for 5 minutes....

o.k.

My 5 yr. old doesn't throw tantrums like this douche. Crybaby Kanye!

chicagannie

WTF is wrong with Kanye? The fool is an IDIOT!

ari

I soooo keep trying to like this guy because I think he's got some issues, but it just isn't happening. he's SO arrogant and rude. I just can't stand him anymore. He constantly acts like everyone is out to get him.. that they are all trying to do something to him.. and he acts out. GET over it, Kanye! NO one cares anymore.. you are a loser.. get help!

janalal4

re: #141

I think Bush's 'mistake' was even mentioning Kanye's name & that he was even REMOTELY affected by that jackasses comment/opinion to begin with. All that did was give Kanye 'significance' that in reality, most people feel he just doesn't really HAVE.

Excellent point!! Maybe I steal that?

Posted at 11:51 AM on Nov 12, 2010 by gutsygirl

LOL! Well go ahead if you like:)

cmueller

Hooray!!

stacyledwith

I saw this interview as well. I believe this man is sooooo twisted! I am a D.J. and ever since the Taylor Swift episode , I was sooo turned off that I immediately stopped playing his music. After the today show ,I firmly stick to that decision. Washed up and immature.

MKM

Say what you want, but Kanye is still one of the best in the industry. Plus, he's rich. He could buy and sell most if not all of you HATERS !!!

Hip Hop forever !!!

carol

I dont understand why the people around him wont get him some help i understand kanye point of view on the situation but when you say or do something be ready to face the consequence of you're mistakes i like kanye as an artist but honestly he keeps making mistake after mistake take some time off get out of the spotlight for a few months and come back fresh

big nuts

This is a perfect example of why my 5 year old asked me "why do brown kids wear saggy pants and act stupid" LOL

WOMAN

Please "PEOPLE" Go on with your own LIFE. These young SINGERS,ACTORS,ASTRESS'S, WANT-TO-BE CELEBRITY AND THE ONES THAT GET THEIR 15 MINS OF FAME. Look at the way they END'S UP.
DO I HAVE TO SAY MOORE.