Kanye West:

HELL NO, I Won't Perform on 'Today'

11/12/2010 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West claims there's no way he's going to perform on the "Today" show later this month -- as he was scheduled to do -- strictly because of the way Matt Lauer and Co. handled his interview about George W. Bush.

1112_kanye_BN_TMZ_01
Just hours ago, Kanye went to his Twitter page and pounded out the following message, "I'm not performing on the Today Show for obvious reasons. I'm so happy the world got to see just a small piece of 'the set up.'"

As we previously reported, Kanye butted heads with "Today" over an interview they aired on Wednesday -- in which Kanye said, "I would tell George Bush, in my moment of frustration that I didn't have the grounds to call him a racist."

As of yesterday, the people at "Today" still expected Kanye to do their show on Black Friday -- but now a rep tells us Kanye's officially out.

leslie

COULD SOMEONE PLEEEASE RESUME KANYE'S PSYCH MEDS? IT IS CLEAR THAT HE IS NON-COMPLIANT. IF NOT THAT PLEASE WIRE HIS JAWS CLOSED. THIS RACIST MORON NEEDS TO SHUT UP!!

tgrfan42069

so kanye will you call obama a racist for not sending aid to the gulf fast enough after the oil spill>???i bet not considering the president is a black man and in that case he is the greatest ever..stupid morons..whine about race yet they are the biggest racist's there is.

tgrfan42069

I agree with the homie Stephan. There's, absolutely, no way that you conservative nut jobs can possibly believe the crap you're saying. Kanye's being opinionated is, indeed, to his detriment. You can't really think that any of this has been anything but an antagonistic charade. Matt Lauer wasn't interested in anything but slamming Kanye for his comment. And Bush SURELY doesn't care for anyone in the lower echelons of society... it's just us Negroes that fill that post... mostly. Zealots \
-------------
same as obama doenst care about you negros or any other person below him on the totom pole works both ways..

Wendy

I saw the interview and all I can say is that I would be thrilled not have to see or hear about him ever again. Buh bye

nmaxx

The thing about great artists is that they're typically a little bit crazy too. That's the blessing and the curse that comes with that much creativity...I love Kanye's music. I think that in regard to his craft, he's a genius. I'm still rooting for him. He's immature, over-infalted and a prima-donna but his music is brilliant.

Wendy

KAM

HE'S NOT GOING TO PERFORM??? OOOhhh THANK GOD!!!

AH

Who Cares??? He needs to grow up!

randy

who cares what the *** has to say, wish 50 cent would kick his ass.

Jamie

Go Away Kanye! This guy is such a moron. ALWAYS involved
in some kind of controversy for attention. I doubt many
even care to watch him perform. He was a bumbling mumbling idiot during that interview. It was very painful just
watching him. He needs to take some of that money and
invest it on a good education for himself.

MayLai

Kanye should seriously considered enrolling in a four, six eight year higher education program, after pre-college preparation to study and earn the intellectual license to interview and speak in public. He is viewed in the black community as a totally over rated rapper and only through savvy marketting and hype has become known. His interactions with women are an embarrassment, but, basically he mirrors the behavior and dysfunction of millions of african american dysfunctional men. Why you always have to be seen and in everybody's face all the time? Why you always have to invite yourself to be the guest rapper for everybody..!? You make yourself look so desperate and needy for attention, its embarrasing. You come off as foolish and you are the only person who doesnt get it. You might have money but you have no integrity. Stop acting like a carnival monkey and go to school or anonymously volunteer somewhere (not for publicity) for a couple of years sincerely helping others so that you can see past your limited self

UR MOTHER'S BOO

ur all idiots lmaO SMOKE A BLUNT AND ENJOY UR F***N LIFE. . . HE'S A MUSICAL GENIUS SOOO LET THE MAN BE

Sandra

It is no loss for Today and no one cares!! Kayne is an arrogant sob and needs to take a permanent powder. Good riddance and don't come back!!

UNLEVINED HARVEY

dude is just dumb

notshy

he is so over inflated... he canceled his performance.. wait for the tears and protests that aren't coming.

he's so disillusioned ... you can't alienate everyone then expect anyone to support you.

he is the first one to stand up for his freedom of speech rights.. but let someone else use them.. and he protests.. hypocrite?

someone lied to him.. because he believes someone actually gives a crap.