Kanye West:

HELL NO, I Won't Perform on 'Today'

11/12/2010 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West claims there's no way he's going to perform on the "Today" show later this month -- as he was scheduled to do -- strictly because of the way Matt Lauer and Co. handled his interview about George W. Bush.

1112_kanye_BN_TMZ_01
Just hours ago, Kanye went to his Twitter page and pounded out the following message, "I'm not performing on the Today Show for obvious reasons. I'm so happy the world got to see just a small piece of 'the set up.'"

As we previously reported, Kanye butted heads with "Today" over an interview they aired on Wednesday -- in which Kanye said, "I would tell George Bush, in my moment of frustration that I didn't have the grounds to call him a racist."

As of yesterday, the people at "Today" still expected Kanye to do their show on Black Friday -- but now a rep tells us Kanye's officially out.

Guy

You people getting all worked up over Kanye West need to get a life. He's one of the best pop musicians today. Who cares if he's a jerk.

flora68

HELL NO I don't care. You were OVER the minute you crashed what should have been Taylor Swift's moment. Loser. I don't know why the Today Show wanted you. Nobody else does.

Kowny Krush

PLEASE take your drunk twins and disappear to your mysterious 100,000 acre compound in Paraguay.

We're sick of you AND Kanye.

SEER

HE'S TOO EMBARRASSED TO GO ON THE TODAY SHOW AGAIN. WHAT A PATHETIC PIECE OF CRAP! GOOD RIDDANCE! HE'S DOING US ALL A FAVOR BY NOT APPEARING! HATE HIM, HATE HIS CRAPPY MUSIC! EVERY TIME HE TALKS HE LOOKS LIKE AN EVEN BIGGER *******!

DS

...and without Kanye's "performance", the world will be a better place. He is the definition of a loose cannon. Please, Kanye, just go away and leave us alone. We don't care what you think.

DAISY

KANYE... STFU!!! Nobody cares about you or what you have to say as much as you do!! I wonder...does it hurt your neck to turn around and kiss your own ass like you do all the time?!?! Can't stand you and wish you would disappear FOREVER! Get over yourself, you are not as good or important as you think! As the old saying (and Motley Crue song) goes: Don't go away mad, just go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dd

@3 OKS: If you don't like Blacks and Mexicans..MOVE TO ICELAND OR SIBERIA! Anyway Kanye nobody watches the Today show to see you. You are an arrogant little ass and I for one am SICK OF YOU..Your mom probably was having that plastic surgery because you told her she needed it...you make me sick.

xraygypsy

Would someone please tell this no talent cracked out n*gger to get his black a** back in the projects where it belongs.
Why does the media still even give this man coverage?

Larry

No one gave a **** about the Today Show or Kanye. This actually fuels rating both for Kanye and the Today Show. I wouldn't do one of those interview shows either. They interview people the same way you ask a dog why he **** on the floor before you put his nose in it.

Some Faustkateer

Dear Kanye,

You are such an idiot. Who buys the crap you sell? Are you really a musician? I've never seen you do anything but acting drunk and stupid. Bush policies can certainly be construed as racist but it's not like anyone needs you to point this out. For the 29th time, Kanye, please STFU!

Yrs truly,

Taylor Swift

SuzieD

I watched both the Bush and West interviews and Kayne is an irrelevant ass. You are just a bully and an arrogant one at that! I'm glad you won't be singing on Today because that is a show I watch and I sure don't want to watch you ever again. You made a fool of yourself with the Taylor incident and just keep on going like the energizer bunny!

Lydie

There is a disconnect in the brain of anyone that can think like Kanye. He not only needs a shrink, he needs a medical Dr to examn his brain. I doubt there his anything anyone can do to help, but maybe someone could get him committed (if any facility would have him) and we would not be subjected to his insane rants and self-absorbed crap anymore.

asc

Ha, ha, ha; Kanye West scheduled on Black Friday.

No comment about NBC pandering to black people? Whazzup m'man K, not being the speaker for the people now?

suesch1950

Good

Ginger

Kanye, that was the most humane thing you have ever done, deciding to stay home. The ratings will now go up on Friday even if they replace you with carrot top.