Kanye West:

HELL NO, I Won't Perform on 'Today'

11/12/2010 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West claims there's no way he's going to perform on the "Today" show later this month -- as he was scheduled to do -- strictly because of the way Matt Lauer and Co. handled his interview about George W. Bush.

1112_kanye_BN_TMZ_01
Just hours ago, Kanye went to his Twitter page and pounded out the following message, "I'm not performing on the Today Show for obvious reasons. I'm so happy the world got to see just a small piece of 'the set up.'"

As we previously reported, Kanye butted heads with "Today" over an interview they aired on Wednesday -- in which Kanye said, "I would tell George Bush, in my moment of frustration that I didn't have the grounds to call him a racist."

As of yesterday, the people at "Today" still expected Kanye to do their show on Black Friday -- but now a rep tells us Kanye's officially out.

LS

Boo Hoo and we'll miss you soooo much ..... NNNNNNOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry

This is bull ****! I can't say ****, but other people can say ****** and ass and perpetuate racism and stereotypes and ****. Y'all some bitches!

Alex

Matt Lauer is a douche.
/end scene

kar

Kanye has major issues and needs some therapy. His teeth look silly, who would do that and really think it looks cool.

Palm Beach, FL

GOOD!!!!

annie

I agree with Kanye. They used him for publicity. They should have discussed with him before the show what the agenda would be. That the professional thing to do. They showed him no respect just focussed on his past. I hate Matt now.

Nobodys Fool

If you look up the word "A-Hole", guess whose picture is there.

ironicsmoothie

I find it incredibly ironic that he goes on The Today Show to apologize for acting like a spoiled brat, and then he proceeds to act like a spoiled brat. He failed to form coherent sentences, and instead just said groups of words that did not combine to form a cohesive sentence or thought. Why is he famous?? I don't understand it at all. He lacked lying on the floor and kicking and screaming, and it would have been an outright temper tantrum during the interview. I'm glad that he won't be getting any exposure for the Today Show performance.

gigi

What does this immature, ignorant person not understand about the fact that NOBODY wants to hear from him. Why did 'Today' even bring him on the show? Stop mentioning his name. He's disgusting, boring and just plain wrong on every subject. Didn't his Taylor Swift disaster show us who this character really is. NO CLASS!!

FLO

THANK YOU GOD!

Denise S.

Thank you Kanye, I like watching Matt in the morning and would have had to find something else to watch the day you were going to be on. Your a big loser and nobody wants to see you or hear you. I'd have to say your the biggest racist I've seen on TV since Archie Bunker!

Suzers

Thank GOD hes not performing, what a titty baby. Now if we could only get him to drop off the face of the earth. He wasnt set up, he just doesnt have any balls to face up to what he did

Steve

LOL. Irony here with all the racist talk. He was to perform on "Black" Friday. LOL!

Steve

LOL .. on "Black Friday?" LOL.

jennaduh

they should have TAYLOR SWIFT do it! :) shes nicer, better to look at, and respectful UNLIKE kanye. plus, that'd be ULTIMATE PAYBACK!! he's a DOUCHEBAG, and even admitted it in one of his more recent songs. the man can sing, but he's a horrible person (in my book). i refuse to watch anything kanye related.