Kanye West:

HELL NO, I Won't Perform on 'Today'

11/12/2010 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West claims there's no way he's going to perform on the "Today" show later this month -- as he was scheduled to do -- strictly because of the way Matt Lauer and Co. handled his interview about George W. Bush.

1112_kanye_BN_TMZ_01
Just hours ago, Kanye went to his Twitter page and pounded out the following message, "I'm not performing on the Today Show for obvious reasons. I'm so happy the world got to see just a small piece of 'the set up.'"

As we previously reported, Kanye butted heads with "Today" over an interview they aired on Wednesday -- in which Kanye said, "I would tell George Bush, in my moment of frustration that I didn't have the grounds to call him a racist."

As of yesterday, the people at "Today" still expected Kanye to do their show on Black Friday -- but now a rep tells us Kanye's officially out.

Chrissy

Good he was a waste of time and space on the today sow anyway

King

Pathetic........

dan

who cares

Crystal

GOOD! Stop acting like your the only person in the world.

Terri

OMG!!! Could he possibly be a bigger DOUCHE BAG??? Kanye West is an idiot with no talent. That's why he makes such an ass out of himself every chance he gets. It's the only way he gets any recognition. Dood, there's a reason why you don't win awards...YOU SUCK!!! Do yourself a favor Kanye...find a new career so you can stop embarrassing yourself.

jv chicago

Wah! Wah! Wah! Hopefully your day in the sun will end..total victim mentality and major chip on his shoulder.. he doesn't fight racism, he stirs it up....the antithesis of a great black man like King who did bring change and push people to see beyond color.

Joe

Kanye, take responsibility for YOUR comments/actions for once. I watched the interview and all he was asked was to comment on HIS actions, period. If you make comments that are untrue, then be ready to explain yourself when asked to do so.

poonhok

If Kanye West REALLY wanted to find racism, he should go to church with obama and Michelle.....

Don West

LISTEN ALL OF U KANYE HATERS AND IGNORANT BAIS RACIST S***BAGS NEED TO BE REAL WE ARE IN 2010 AND U GUYS STILL BEING RACIST 1ST OF ALL BLACK PEOPLE WERE THE 1ST TRACED PEOPLE SO YOUR ONLY DISSING YOUR FOREFATHERS SAD.. ANYWHOO HE WAS CORRECT TAYLOR SWIFT DID NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE THE BEST ALBUM OR VIDEO WAT EVER SHES HORRIBLE AND THAT ****ER MAT LAUER HAD NO RIGHT TO DO PLAY THE CLIP IT WAS VERY RUDE U PEOPLE NEED TO STOP BASHING KANYE AT 1230 AND GO TO WORK AND MAKE MONEY LAMES SMH..IM OFF THIS U PEOPLE ARE SUCH MORONS

Jons Maseev Neegakok

I crave tight white *****!!!

Wilma

Kanye....Thank you.....didn't want to see you anyway......DOUCHE BAG!!

ah

Go away Kanye! No one cares!!

HMichaelH

#83's comment is hysterical. Wilber wouldn't know music and creativity if they hit in the butt, if he thinks what West does is "elegant." He's never going to be the "...greatest artist of our time...", but he's sure in the running for being the biggest anal orifice, ever!

t

I saw the interview, and honestly, I'm on the side of Kanye. I used to be a fan of the Today Show but they have been showing too much of their liberal sides lately. Matt Lauer tried his best to provoke a negative reaction out of President Bush as well as Kanye West, all in the same week. I was proud of both Bush and West for letting Lauer know they weren't about to take the bait and all is well between the two of them.

ha ha

Ha ha ha ha I wouldnt perform for them either.. He isnt president and never has been. He is entitled to his own opinion... Go Kanye!! I stand by you =] That interview was whack and If I were you I wouldnt apologize for anything.. not even Taylor Swift... lmao!!