Michael Jackson Song -- Akon Came Back to Finish

11/12/2010 8:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It's Harvey ... I've just heard Michael Jackson's first single, "Hold My Hand" -- not the one that leaked a few years ago, but the one Sony is about to release. First of all, it's great -- slower than a lot of MJ's songs.

1112_micahel-jackson-album-art-ex

Our sources say Akon recently came back to the studio to lay down more vocals and really put the finishing touches on it. It sounds more produced than the "Breaking News" song that was put online this week.

It's a classic, Akon-type song and it seems like Michael takes on Akon's style. His voice fluctuates like Akon's and there's a similar tonal quality.

As for "Breaking News," I just heard the finished version. It's more produced than the one Sony put online and sounds more classic MJ.

This is going to be a huge album.

1108_remembering_michael_jackson_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Gina

I'm so nervous about this that I'm about to cry......
Thank you for these news Harvey.

Love you Michael.can't wait for you to come back.

franck

"KEEP YOUR HEAD UP" is simply AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

marcia

I do think Michael's music deserves to come out. I just wish for it to be produced in the right way, and it is hard to do so when he left so abruptly with all of this material so raw and unfinished. I am right now thinking of Queen who put out another album (Made in Heaven) 4 years after Freddie Mercury died. But Freddie KNEW he was dying and left as much as he could for them before he went - in the best condition he could get it into before he ran out of time. He (Freddie) also specifically told the band that he wanted this music to be heard. Michael left so suddenly and without warning, it was hard for anyone to prepare appropriately.

Posted at 8:00 AM on Nov 13, 2010 by Cathy
_______________________________________________________________

I totally agree with you. And for all those who hold a grudge against Sony who are so dead set against anything they do in regards to Michael and refuse to purchase these albums, I find it very silly and quite frankly I believe it borders on ignorance. I know that you may believe that this position you all have adopted is in part based on some type of loyalty you have for Michael in regards to the falling out he had with Sony/conspiracy, however where is your loyalty to him in regards to his creativity, time and efforts that he put forth in the studio? I can just picture him at times not be able to sleep, getting up to write a song and/or going to the studio to lay down a track(s). MJ always gave honor to God in regards to his many gifts or talent & felt what he did creatively was something ordained by God for the world to enjoy. Do you really think he spent countless hours creating & in the studio by himself or with his favorite/handpicked producers for his works not to be heard from ever again? And on the business side, it is unfortunate that we never got the chance to hear MJ's views on posthumous recordings & all that it entails, however obviously he knew it was a definite possibility when it came to him & his music. I mean he had 'only' been in the business for a 'mere' 40 years right? If not anything else, he was around to see that Tupac was putting out records what, 5 years after he was gone? MJ knew he would be big business after his death. Of course he had no clue he would be gone at 50, yet do you really think that when the time came that MJ didn't want something similar to that happening? OMG how I wish that Michael was here to finish these songs personally, to just put the official MJ stamp on them. I love to hear him singing the background vocals and the adlibs and such, it's all exhilarating, excellent & wonderful, however sadly MJ is not here. But that doesnt mean that his work should go unnoticed & disgust with Sony doesn't change the fact that they are putting it out there. Therefore we have to make due and/or accept what Teddy, Ne-Yo, Akon or whomever Michael worked with in the past will approach these upcoming projects with respect, class and dignity, not just because they have a hand in it, but for MJ's legacy as well as for his fans. These guys knew exactly what MJ would have wanted & they know he held his fans in the highest regard. They were honored to work with him while he was alive and I'm sure they are honored to work with on his material now as well.

I'll say it again, I can't wait to get my hands on these albums and I don't mind at all that I'll be contributing to MJ's estate by purchasing anything Michael.

Hime

Anyone who so much as likes MJ won't buy this.

ultravioletrae

harvey, just give it up as far as trying to be a music critic, ok? just give it up. it's not working for you darlin'.

Kerry

Too much AKON..too little MJ... and WTF with 'akon and MJ' at the beginning of the track....... Akon needs to lose announcing his name at the beginning of every song he produces and really shouldn't it have been 'mj and akon' if anything???

Kerry

SONY SUCKS... SONY SUCKS .....SONY SUCKS..LEACHES AND GRAVEDIGGERS

Ragana

Hand made Michael Jackson doll. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAHDebjfoqk

qsdfqsdf

michael alone !!!
no Akon !!!

qsdfqsdf

MICHAEL alone

no AKON !!!!

teehee

**** AKON!

HE ADDED MORE OF HIS VOCALS THAN OF MICHAEL!

**** YOU AKON, IT'S A MICHAEL JACKSON ALBUM NOT YOURS!

l

i luv mj

Chelsea

I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON!
I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON!
I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON!
I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON!
I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON!
I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON!
I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON!
I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON!
I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON!

Sam

Michael is thaa best evaaa

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6