Will.i.am -- New MJ Album 'Disrespectful' to Michael

11/13/2010 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Black Eyed Peas front man Will.i.am wants no part of the new Michael Jackson album -- because he feels the entire thing goes against everything Michael stood for.

1113_will_i_am_Michael_jackson_REG
Will.i.am tells EW, "Whoever put it out and is profiting off of it, I want to see how cold they are ... He just wasn't any ordinary artist. He was a hands-on person. To me it's disrespectful. There's no honoring."

His biggest issue, it seems, is using unfinished MJ tracks -- something he feels the King of Pop never would have stood for: "Michael Jackson songs are finished when Michael says they’re finished ... Maybe if I never worked with him I wouldn’t have this perspective. He was very particular about how he wanted his vocals, the reverb he used ... he was that hands-on."

It's worth noting ... the album is put out by Sony, through Michael's estate. So Michael's kids are the ones who stand to make money off this.

susie

Marcus

I'M PRETTY SURE THAT THE MONEY THE ESTATE MAKES FROM THIS NEW SONY CONTRACT, $250 MILLION AND THEN SOME, ISN'T JUST GONNA GIVE MORE MONEY TO THE KIDS TRUST FIND BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY IT'S GOING TO GO A LONG WAY TOWARDS GETTING MICHAEL'S ESTATE OUT OF DEBT. WHEN YOU OWE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS THAT THREATENS THE SECURITY OF YOUR CHILDREN AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY AND EVEN THE SAFETY OF YOUR LEGACY AND WORK PRODUCT (I.E. THE RIGHTS TO HIS OWN MUSIC CATALOG AND OTHERS THAT HE OWNED), IT'S TIME TO STOP WORRYING ABOUT "HONOR" AND PUT OUT SOME DAMN MUSIC. MICHAEL WAS A "MUSIC GOD", BUT NOT AN ACTUAL GOD. THERE'S NO SACRILEGE HERE. I LOVE WILL BUT HE NEEDS TO SIT HIS ASS DOWN AND LET THE PEOPLE WHO KNEW HIM LONGEST AND WHO MICHAEL TRUSTED TO RUN HIS AFFAIRS IN DEATH DO THEIR JOBS.

sweetcancer

I agree with you Will 100%...If Michael wanted these tracks out he would have but them out long ago...Why does everyone have to be so damn greedy and disrepectufl...whatever happened to Honesty, Loyalty, and Respect! What are we teaching our kids! How can our children grow into mature respectful adults when the adults some who are role models out there act like greedy immature two yr olds, kids learn from us, its time to grow up and show them how to treat others the same way they'd want to be treated!!!!

Alice(from Romania)

While the Net is buzzing about Michael Jackson’s posthumous Michael album hitting stores next month, one of the King of Pop’s biggest fans, producer and Black Eyed Peas front man Will.i.am, hasn’t even heard the much-talked-about new song “Breaking News.” He’s not really interested in it, either. “Whoever put it out and is profiting off of it, I want to see how cold they are,” he says, “to say that what [Michael] contributed during his life wasn’t enough. He just wasn’t any ordinary artist. He was a hands-on person. To me it’s disrespectful. There’s no honoring.”
The producer collaborated with Jackson in 2006 on what would have been Jackson’s comeback album, following 2001′s Invincible. He can’t understand how Sony, Epic’s parent company, could release fragmentary works from a man who was so meticulous. “Michael Jackson songs are finished when Michael says they’re finished,” Will says. “Maybe if I never worked with him I wouldn’t have this perspective. He was very particular about how he wanted his vocals, the reverb he used…he was that hands-on.”
Earlier this year, Will talked to Access Hollywood about some of the songs he recorded with Michael, mentioning “Dreaming,” “Still the King,” and a James Brown tribute called “I Will Miss You.” But he still maintains that none of them will ever be released, because Jackson didn’t give them a final okay. “He kept his vocals and I kept the music,” he says. “We had that understanding.”
What do you think of Will’s thoughts? Is Sony right to release Michael’s music without his blessing?

Zoe

LOL. TMZ, do you know ANYTHING about the recording industry? Michael's kids will probably get about ten cents for every album sold vs. the $18 Sony will profit from. Agreed, Sony are the crooks here, not to mention releasing a bunch of fake tracks to make money is pretty unethical to say the least.

Barb.A.

susie, I loved that.

YellowTulip

Where are the "MJ is alive and will come back soon"-nutfreaks?

Did you all know that there is a forum where some members collect money to hire a private eye to search for MJ and check the "facts"?
NOTABENE: german members and a german private eye...

susie

Posted at 9:56 AM on Nov 13, 2010 by YellowTulip
__________________________

We are still around, no worries :0)

Andrew

Will I Am is right. Michael's kid have enough money

aston

Will.i.am is right. If Michael didn't finish the songs, no one else should. If he didn't say they were ready to be released, they were not.

The kids are already set for life. No need to sell out Michael's musical integrity - which he worked on for forty years - for money.

YellowTulip

Posted at 9:56 AM on Nov 13, 2010 by YellowTulip
__________________________

We are still around, no worries :0)

Posted at 10:12 AM on Nov 13, 2010 by susie

OMG I feared that...

I think it is rude and insolent to claim that MJ's mom is a good actress, that her grief at the Oprah Show wasn't real, she is a mom and she lost a child!

Chic

As long as the children benefit it's not that bad. Michael was a perfectionist we know and still love anything Michael. It's
good music but wish Michael wss hear to perfect it.

Siggisis

good music but wish Michael wss hear to perfect it.

Posted at 10:20 AM on Nov 13, 2010 by Chic

When Sony chooses to produce Michael´s music in such a "cheap" way, they ARE hurting his legacy. Michael´s children have enough money.
Young people who don´t know much about MJ and his brilliance will get a wrong impression of his talent.

my opinion

I heard the song "Breaking News" and thought parts of the vocals are not MJ...I will pass on the purchase of this cd I should have passed on the movie "This is It" I was bored & disappointed with it.

RIP MJ

Love the Jackson's

LOVE, PEACE, KINDNESS & RESPECT makes a better world for US ALL

Chic

Excuse my spelling wish Michael was here to perfect it. Hey Kim
I ordered the collection figure from Target.