Will.i.am -- New MJ Album 'Disrespectful' to Michael

11/13/2010 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Black Eyed Peas front man Will.i.am wants no part of the new Michael Jackson album -- because he feels the entire thing goes against everything Michael stood for.

1113_will_i_am_Michael_jackson_REG
Will.i.am tells EW, "Whoever put it out and is profiting off of it, I want to see how cold they are ... He just wasn't any ordinary artist. He was a hands-on person. To me it's disrespectful. There's no honoring."

His biggest issue, it seems, is using unfinished MJ tracks -- something he feels the King of Pop never would have stood for: "Michael Jackson songs are finished when Michael says they’re finished ... Maybe if I never worked with him I wouldn’t have this perspective. He was very particular about how he wanted his vocals, the reverb he used ... he was that hands-on."

It's worth noting ... the album is put out by Sony, through Michael's estate. So Michael's kids are the ones who stand to make money off this.

teka

@Tell it
Posted at 1:45 PM on Nov 13, 2010 by Tell it

Strange that, among the millions and millions of people around the world, fans and admirers of Michael Jackson, you always here, almost alone (a), expressing his thought thoughtless, cruel, jealous and prejudiced. Be very careful with their actions because they turn against you one day. But anyway, I wish much love to you, because Michael has taught us well.

Siggisis

Siggi

Listen to the song again. The Whoo's are from another MJ song. Towards the end you hear parts of Earth Song.

It's another song that was copied and pasted. I do admit the lyrics are good, but IMO it's not Michael on the majority of this song either.

Posted at 2:01 PM on Nov 13, 2010 by MiMi

I listened again - your version was a little clearer than the one I found myself on Youtube.
I don´t know.... I think it is Michael. I noticed the Earth Song bit the first time I listened to it. I just thought that it was Michael reusing some of that - it is brilliant.

Siggisis

I just thought that it was Michael reusing some of that - it is brilliant.

Posted at 2:14 PM on Nov 13, 2010 by Siggisis

Too naive, I guess.
But I do think it is Michael singing.

Tanya

I'm agree with Will. I'm sure, if Michael wanted to release these songs, he did it during his life.
But I know - it is business

PIP :-(

Siggisis

MiMi IS A RABID

Posted at 2:19 PM on Nov 13, 2010 by OhWell

What do you mean, Dolly? That MiMi is rabid ot that MiMi is a rabbit?
Do yourself a favour, Dolly, go back to school.

sylvanya

nan

i bet they are going to start advertising for this album on tmz..harvey is just way too into this and i have never had an indication before that he liked mj music..
i really font like the album cover but i like the music.
they should have just put his name in a beautiful script..

mj is the sexiest man ever

shut the hell up jealous william
the album rocks and the songs are amazing
mj is alive

moni

Posted at 2:34 PM on Nov 13, 2010 by nan
------

Hi nan,
some time ago Harvey accentuated on TMZ Live that he "loved, loved, LOVED Michael's music". His music, notabene, he didn't talk of the man...
However, I agree with you. This surprising sympathy for Michael's upcoming album is a little bit over-egging the pudding.

me

Michaels kids and their kids will never have to work a day in their lives.

I don't know Michael personally but I really don't think it's right that his work was unfinished. It should be left that way.
It should not be finished by others. Just does not seem right.

I would not invest in them.

deirdre

love it and miss him to

Strunz28

I agree...this is a joke. There is no way "Breaking News" is MJ.

MiMi

Hi nan

Your right about the cover. I agree that something elegant and up to date would have been more appropriate.