Michael Jackson -- First Single Released

11/15/2010 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The first official single from the new Michael Jackson album was just released on MichaelJackson.com -- "Hold My Hand" featuring Akon.

Michael Jackson's Hold My Hand

As we previously reported, Akon returned to the studio recently to put the finishing touches on the track.

The full album is due out December 14.

Lee lee

I really love this song...I think it's beautiful. This is a nice finished version, but I'm actually kind of partial to the original leaked track...it just has more feeling, but I love that you can hear more of MJ in this version. I'm especially glad MJ's voice ends the song, unlike the original. This will be a huge hit. I still won't be buying the CD though...greedy Sony isn't going to see a dime of my money.

I love Akon's tribute song to MJ...makes me cry every time. :(

Love and miss you forever MJ.

Posted at 10:45 PM on Nov 14, 2010 by iFart
=============================================

1oo % agreed.. I am partial to the earlier leaked one, but the bonus of this one is we hear more of Michael which is great.

Alice(from Romania)

Michael Jackson's First Official Single 'Hold My Hand' Ft. Akon Debuted

Michael Jackson's song "Hold My Hand", which was recorded in 2007 but leaked in its unfinished state a year later, has finally been unleashed in its final version. A duet with Akon, it is listed in Michael's upcoming self-titled album and serves as the first official single.

Michael croons, "This life don't last forever/ So tell me what we're waiting for/ We better off being together/ Being miserable alone." Akon then takes over in the next lines, "Cause I been there before and you've been there before, but together we can be alright/ Cause when it gets dark and when it gets cold, we hold each other till we see the sunlight."

"The world was not ready to hear 'Hold My Hand' when it leaked a couple years ago," Akon said. "We were devastated about it. But its time has definitely come; now in its final state, it has become an incredible, beautiful, anthemic song. I'm so proud to have had the chance to work with Michael, one of my all time idols."

"Michael" is going to be released across United States on December 14. Beside featuring Akon, the posthumous album also lines up 50 Cent and Lenny Kravitz as featured guests. When the album was first announced, a spokesperson for Michael's family accused Sony Music of disrespecting the late King of Pop by dropping "unfinished and incomplete tracks that Michael said over and over many times he never wanted released."

To avoid the same controversy, the record company has now convinced fans that "a handwritten note from Michael belonging to his Estate indicated his desire that 'Hold My Hand' be the first single on his next project." Supporting that statement, Michael's nephew Taj Jackson said as quoted by CNN, "He was so proud of it. I'll never forget that smile he had on his face as the song played through the speakers [in his room] at the Palms Hotel in Vegas."

gabriella

love Micheal!!!!you're come back!

qsdfqsdf

Michael alone !!! no akon !!!

mjfanalways

Michael i wanna hold your hand. i love and miss you alot. still making videos of you on youtube.your such a handsome angel. wish you were here with us. thanks Akon love ya too.love and hugs Michael.

BrAnBa

I read the interview with Akon saying that Michael would have hated this song being released. It wasn´t finished and MJ would have been devostated, being such a perfectionist.

So even though I like the song, knowing Michael wouldn´t have wanted this, I cannot share the joy. Poor Michael, everyone is leeching on him and his music.

jackobe

Hey i am so excited for this, please tell me when the album is launch in market, i ll definitely buy it.

Karolina

Made me cry like a baby:(

Michael, please come back.

Karolina

Karolina

cover is just perfect..

beautiful

Karolina

the time is perfect too:*

HumanNature

ABSOLUTELY B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!!!!!

LOVE IT!!!

I'M BUYING THIS ALBUM!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE THE KING OF "ALL" MUSIC, MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON

nan

i love this song.its beautiful.i am buying it along with the album

sofi

If Michael sang alone it would have been SO MUCH BETTER,eventhough it's a nice song.

FlowerPower

Love it!!!!
I'm glad Akon changed the song a bit so we hear more Michael's voice than in original version.
Great job, Michael to number one!!!!!!