Domestic Violence Lobbyist: We Want Oksana

11/14/2010 1:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A lobbyist for battered women and other domestic violence victim tells TMZ she has been speaking with Oksana Grigorieva for the last few weeks and wants her help in lobbying Sacramento legislators.

1114_oksana_partnership_tmz_ex_3
Camille Hayes, Membership & Communications Coordinator for California Partnership to End Domestic Violence, tells TMZ Oksana contacted her group several weeks ago and offered her help. Hayes says she and her group believe Oksana is a domestic violence victim.

Since the initial call, Oksana has been in contact with the organization numerous times offering help for other women. Hayes says both Oksana and her lawyer have been in discussions with the organization about a role Oksana could play -- but no specifics have been decided.

As we first reported, Oksana plans to go public in a big way -- holding news conferences about domestic violence.

middleagedcrazy

@ V --

Like you, I am so grateful not to live in California. In the Midwest there is very little of this nonsense (although in Illinois we are famous for our gangsters and political chicanery).
I used to think we were the only ones with this idiocy, but Heavens-to-Betsy, they are sorry and sad amateurs.

One thing that occurred to me with your excellent research -- 'Tara Shabazz' -- is she perhaps a grandchild of old Betty Shabazz? Another old Gloria Allred political connection/publicity scam? Most of us are sure that Lisa Bloom is an heiress of those old connections, but maybe 'Tara' is the same, using what might have been a true issue at one time and turning it into a moneymaker.

Tee hee and sparklies (if Tara is a granddaughter, using same old techniques)

* + * + * + * + * + * + *

chickenblaster

I am STUNNED. For 30+yrs I have worked to help us do better when it comes to Domestic Violence.

WHY on earth would a legitimate DV lobby group solicit any involvement from Oksana Grigorieva?

Her creditibility is NIL. And her accusations have been so convaluted and inconsistent they do the OPPOSITE of helping advance the effort IMO.

Oksana's actions specifically fly in the face of much of the effort that has been put in place since the mid-80s.

She didn't contact the police
She didn't seek out a DV counseler or shelter
She didn't approach the courts for a TRO
She didn 't seek prompt and immediate medical care for her daughter or herself.
She TOLD mandatory reporters NOT to report.
She illegally taped Mel Gibson.
She didn't turn the tape over to the DA.
She has used the media to taunt and bait her alleged abuser for months.

She has used allegations of DV at the same time she bemoans about money, setting up for Domestic Violence allegations to be LINKED to counterclaims of Extortion.

She has purposefully defied court orders, interfered with ongoing police investigations, and tried to FIGHT providing authorities access to her commputer and phone all the while claiming a HUGE part of the DV allegations were ROOTED to PHONE CALLS.

What happens if Oksana is charged by the DA? Where does this DV lobby group's creditility go?

SOMETHING IS VERY VERY VERY WRONG out there!

Posted at 9:56 AM on Nov 14, 2010 by V
------------------------------------------------------------

i had to repost...V, you should send that to the org.

shirleyholmes

By supporting O, who accuses Mr. Gibson of DV, it looks like

this organisation is not only helping victims but also MAKING

VICTIMS like Mr. Gibson, who has not been charged or convicted

for it. This should tell you something.

I am happy to live in Europe where we still believe in

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

Fidel's niece

ANY group that ties itself
to Ok$ana
a Fame Whore and a LIAR,
will loose future credibility!

***Team Mel***

Addie

After I left my abusive relationship, I was in no place to "help others". This relationship with Mel and Oksana is still going on. I really wonder if she was truly abused, in my opinion, it's way too soon to feel good enough about herself and able to help others.

shirleyholmes

@ V

"Victims of domestic violence who are not married to the abuser, or who have been abused by spouses who are not US citizens or lawful permanent residents, are not eligible to self-petition under VAWA, but may seek status under the U visa."

see link: http://www.womenslaw.org/laws_state_type.php?id=10271&state_code=US

Zooma Zoom

What Happened to Innocent Until Proven Guilty?

fran

Is there any way to find out if these two groups have received a large donation recently, and by who..how can these people be so stupid Oksana is only a threat to them not a help. If I belonged to these Orgs. this Camille Hayes and the other one would loose their jobs pronto over this. Mel hasnt been charged with anything, and the ped . saw the baby and Oks the next day after the so called abuse and said there was no sign of trauma or abuse..I hope Mel sues these two woman. I am Canadian so I dont know your laws in CA. from where I sit the laws in La.CA. stink and so do your judges and lawyers, so far anyway.

fran

SOMETHING IS VERY VERY VERY WRONG out there!

Posted at 9:56 AM on Nov 14, 2010 by V
------------------------------------------------------------

i had to repost...V, you should send that to the org.

Posted at 11:25 AM on Nov 14, 2010 by chickenblaster

I think you should send it too V..to both tod those orgs.

Joao

Camille Hayes is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Aligning her organization with OX will set their objectives and credibility back to the stone age, unless it's one of those Women Against Men outfits, in which case all bets are off.

Danielle

Tee hee and sparklies (if Tara is a granddaughter, using same old techniques)

* + * + * + * + * + * + *

Posted at 11:22 AM on Nov 14, 2010 by middleagedcrazy
---------------------
I wonder if she is, Betty was MalcomX's wife.

ThinkingWoman

"Even though Oksana is surrounded by lawyers and now lobbyists
with agendas, OKSANA IS STILL DRIVING THIS BUS."

Posted at 10:52 AM on Nov 14, 2010 by LISA
************************

...and we know she drives that bus right over those she no longer needs...

Zach Swan

I truly pray that no legitimate battered women are killed by their abusive partners because of what Oksana Grigorieva has done (and will continue to do) to this worthwhile cause. The credibility of any organization that associates with her will be worthless. Very sad.

Gene

I believe the reaction of true Survivors of domestic violence, and not those connected with some feminist agenda agency will come forward and protest this thing so much, that they will be forced to not use Oksana's offered services (which are just PR crap on her and her lawyers part) It's all about the funding and donations and membership, once those fall, Oksana is OUT!

Babushka

Letter I just sent to these two moronic organizations:

Mesdames:

I am a domestic violence survivor and have spent the greater part of the last 20 years counseling battered women and children. I have volunteered countless hours for DV causes, worked the crisis lines, and told my story to groups in order that victims be heard, and that their suffering would actually mean something.

I am disgusted beyond belief that your organization would align itself with Oksana Grigorieva, a woman that may quite possibly be charged with felony extortion, and whose connections to Russian mobsters is well known in Russia, Ukraine and elsewhere in Europe. Speaking as a well educated woman who happens to be fluent in Russian, I can tell you that Oksana Grigorieva has had an extensive and well do***ented relationship with Pyotr Listerman, a well known Russian pimp who deals in human trafficking, prostitution and other crimes against women and children.

Oksana Grigorieva is the worst possible poster child for your organization and I am no longer proud to be associated in any way, shape or form, with any organization that would welcome her as a spokesperson for victims. Ms. Grigorieva is a well known criminal in Russia and those of us who relentlessly fight for victims of DV there, are astonished at your stupidity.

Mr. Gibson has not yet even been charged with a crime of domestic violence and your organization apparently sees nothing wrong with assisting in his ruin strictly on hear-say "evidence".

The struggle for equality in this country is difficult enough, without organizations like yours making strange bed-fellows and questionable alliances. You have shown incredibly bad judgment, and an appalling lack of ethical leadership in this disgusting display of "power". I cannot find words strong enough to condemn your choice of "spokesperson" in Oksana Grigorieva. She is without a doubt, the most vile and pathological liar to come out of Russia in many years, and we Russian Orthodox Christians are embarrassed beyond imagining that you have taken her seriously. She is a socio-path and an abusive wretch that gives all victims of domestic violence a terrible row to hoe.
Thanks a lot for setting us back 100 years. You cannot even begin to understand the damage you do in Russia, by your endorsement of her. Thanks to your efforts, women and children in Russia will continue to be slaves to a society that actively murders them.
I'm sure Pyotr Listerman will be grateful for the new pool of "talent" with which you have now provided him.