Domestic Violence Lobbyist: We Want Oksana

11/14/2010 1:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A lobbyist for battered women and other domestic violence victim tells TMZ she has been speaking with Oksana Grigorieva for the last few weeks and wants her help in lobbying Sacramento legislators.

1114_oksana_partnership_tmz_ex_3
Camille Hayes, Membership & Communications Coordinator for California Partnership to End Domestic Violence, tells TMZ Oksana contacted her group several weeks ago and offered her help. Hayes says she and her group believe Oksana is a domestic violence victim.

Since the initial call, Oksana has been in contact with the organization numerous times offering help for other women. Hayes says both Oksana and her lawyer have been in discussions with the organization about a role Oksana could play -- but no specifics have been decided.

As we first reported, Oksana plans to go public in a big way -- holding news conferences about domestic violence.

Gene

The tragedy is there is a need for these types of establishments for "some" women. Too often claims of DV are used as a retaliatory weapon and these claims come back to haunt the accuser in ways they never bargained for.

Okskankas involvement with these groups just took DV efforts back about 20 years.

Posted at 9:07 AM on Nov 14, 2010 by therock

AMEN!

fran

Babushka I applaud you...

ThinkingWoman

Consider sending letters to all directors of the organizations in addition to the Staff Director.

Muppet

These groups are being very stupid taking her on before her trial is over. They could lose huggggggggge! How will they save face if she's charged with extortion??? They don't have all the details, only one side.
Their businesses will suffer in the end. Say bye bye to donations.

Your Aunt Bea

Say bye bye to donations.

Posted at 1:03 PM on Nov 14, 2010 by Muppet

They weren't getting donations anyway.... Talk about a 'Hail mary'! They were gagging in death throes... now, when they go down for the final count, at least some people may remember them. Not for any good reason.

anonym

Please, could someone give me an address I could send my note?

Janeny

@ Ariel HOENIX -- One Valley woman who runs a domestic violence shelter for abused foreign women allegedly helped some foreign brides take advantage of a loophole in U.S. immigration law, according to three area men.

Act was meant to protect foreign women against abuse, but some women have been caught manipulating the system by making false allegations of domestic violence.

Ariel, US husbands do abuse foreign women. They pose as loving and caring initially to lure women in their arms until they got them here. They marry these women, then lock them up in their houses and treat them like sex slaves, they beat them up, too, and oftentimes get away with everything they do to these women because the US law does not like to admit this problem exist. The US law wants to hold the abusers free of any accountability for what they have done because it's not the law that invites them here. This is what I was told when tried to find justice and protection for myself and against my abusive husband. Newly arrived foreign wives know nothing about their new environment. This is why they are vulnerable VICTIMS of their vicious husbands. They don't know where to go, they don't know what questions to ask, they don't speak the language to even ask the questions. But ... there is a "but" ... If you are well INFORMED and COACHED BEFORE you actually came here, the system could be taken advantage of. The key words here are INFORMED and COACHED. Meaning, the procedure as it is now allows bad people to be channeled in the country under the fiancee visa. So, I believe those men who claim that their foreign women abused the system. They were most likely one of those who had been well informed and coached before they arrived here. I am sure Ox is one of those too, and I really want to know who is behind her. This California Partnership to End Domestic Violence is not powerful enough to deal with the consequences of ignoring the judge's order. So, who is behind all this?

I want the DV to stop very much. It's the ugliest crime of all because men take advantage of totally helpless women in any way they want, and it happens behind the closed doors with no witnesses and no way to prove a thing unless you are prepared to break the law and ARRANGE the evidence. But I do not want this Ox to lobby me because she is NOT a victim. I know victims. I've seen so many of them, running away barefoot, with children, in shelters, fearful of their abusers, they did not a bit look like this woman.

Janeny

# 77 @ Sam

I will sure write them. I am as mad as Mel now. How can they ABUSE a DV issue by promoting this filthy unscrupulous self-serving liar.

L Yenko

Someone just kill this filthy gold diggin vermin. All women like her DESERVE domestic bloody violence.!!

Janeny

This woman is a criminal. I am not a big fan of sending people to jail but I wish this one to be put away so that she finally shut her filthy mouth up.

I have always suspected that somebody big was behind her. Her own brainpower is just enough to spot a rich male and use his sperm as a source of income. Dummies like her a perfect puppet to use by a mastermind. As for the DV organizations, they are nothing but funding generated enterprise where real victims have either very little or no share at all. This is all BS. Please Larry King, I don't want this woman to represent me. Let her GO AWAY.

sonoma

What did Mel do? Beat up her lips?

Ariel

@108
Babushka I applaud you...

Posted at 12:45 PM on Nov 14, 2010 by fran

Well said.

sarah

What a joke only in America could this happen. There is no evidence Mel abused this woman.

jechrist

She didn't contact the police
She didn't seek out a DV counseler or shelter
She didn't approach the courts for a TRO
She didn 't seek prompt and immediate medical care for her daughter or herself.
She TOLD mandatory reporters NOT to report.
She illegally taped Mel Gibson.
She didn't turn the tape over to the DA.
She has used the media to taunt and bait her alleged abuser for months

Posted at 11:25 AM on Nov 14, 2010 by chickenblaster

thanks chicken blaster. this women is milkinig it 4 all it's worth. when is SHE gonna pay 4 what she's done 2 gibson???????????????

Marie

When a woman has been through domestic violence, she's usually the one who needs help. It's takes time enough to heal before she can offer any help to others. I have a feeling that Oksana is using the organisation as a PR stunt. That is very unfortunate...