Aquabats Concert -- Youngest Stagediver Ever?

11/15/2010 3:06 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It was like a ska Bar Mitzvah at an Aquabats concert in St. Louis last night ... when the band's lead singer grabbed a little boy from the crowd ... and LAUNCHED him into his very first stage dive.

Moments after the kid landed in the sea of people -- a grown ass man launched himself off the stage and BARELY missed smacking the kid in the head.

So we gotta ask ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

rhode

St. Louis huh?
I watch St. Louis news everyday from 5Am-10Am then from 11-noon. They NEVER showed this today. So how did you get the video first? The better video of the day was of the bull jumping into the crowd at a rodeo.(no one was seriosly (sp) hurt).

JackHoffman

Kids are so stupid.

Elizabeth

I don't even have to look at the video to KNOW this is dangerous!!!!!! The pic is good enough.

Greg

Actually it was in Omaha, not St. Louis. I was at the show. The band did ask the kids dad for permission to throw him into the crowd. The dad was cool with it.

James

They have been doing that at concerts for years. I saw two kids stagedive at an Aquabats show in 2001. Harmless

Sandra

What an azz! No sane person does that to a little kid! He was probably scared!

Paul

This is definitely from St. Louis, the kid wasn't even close to scared, and the grown ass man didn't come close to hitting him even though it may look that way. I know because I'm the man and that's my kid. Call it stupid, dangerous, whatever, but for a kid who loves the Aquabats he had a hell of a time last night.

Some Guy

Kids are made of rubber. This is in no way dangerous.

Keri

Not only was the grown ass man his father, there is also video of the dad getting the boy and holding on to him while still surfing. My son surfed too, and I'm proud of both boys doing something they wanted to do.

Dave

This kid should be taken away from that moronic father and put into protective custody while the father is arrested for Child endangerment. File under: ****ING MORON

Aunt Ann

This is how we roll in Missouri, bois.
You go James and son!
btw, crowd surfing is dangerous. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be fun.

Aunt Ann

I meant way to go Paul and son,(who's james?).

Glen

I was there (St Louis) The band talked to the father before even asking any of the kids who came up to stage..and the concert had great staff to make sure nobody got hurt. Its harmless fun and not dangerous at all (its pretty easy to catch someone who weighs less than 50 pounds

the dad jumped and then grabbed his son before getting out of the croud.

Bubbles The Chimp

Oh come on. I am sure if Racist Mel threw a kid, it would be ok.

Lindsay

I don't see a damn thing wrong with it. Those kids will remember (and talk about) that moment for the rest of their lives. Wish I coulda been so lucky when I was a kid! I'm sure everyone involved -- the band, the crowd waiting to catch him -- understood the care that needed to be taken, and the payoff was worth it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments