Mel Gibson

Admits Slapping,

Not Hitting Oksana

11/15/2010 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained Mel Gibson's sworn declaration in the custody war with Oksana Grigorieva, in which Mel admits slapping Oksana because he says she was so hysterical she was endangering the baby ... but he denies hitting her.

Mel Gibson Hits Girlfriend
Mel is referring to the explosive argument between the two on the night of January 6, 2010, which triggered the L.A. County Sheriff's Department domestic violence investigation. Oksana claims Mel punched her in the temple and in the mouth, knocking out two teeth.

But Mel tells a very different story. According to his declaration, dated June 23, 2010 and filed with the court, Mel says he and Oksana were having one of their frequent arguments at his Malibu home, when Oksana grabbed Lucia out her of bassinet, brought her right in the middle of the argument and screamed, "Stop yelling or you will make her into a retarded brain damaged idiot!"

Mel says Oksana then "spun around," ran into her older son's room and then out into the backyard. Mel says the yard is dangerous at night, set on different levels and dimly lit. Mel says Oksana ran across the various levels for about 75 yards, near thorny trees.

Mel says he implored Oksana to bring Lucia back inside, and that's when Oksana ran back into her older son's room, and "started swinging Lucia erratically in her arms, jerking her body from side to side to keep Lucia out of my reach."

Mel adds Oksana was "hysterical" and her "rapid movements were causing Lucia's little body to be flung from one side to the other, her head shaking violently." Mel says he feared Shaken Baby Syndrome.

As she refused to hand the baby over and continued with "rough and erratic movements," Mel says, "I slapped Oksana one time with an open hand in an attempt to bring her back to reality. I did not slap her hard, I was just trying to shock her so that she would stop screaming, continuing shaking Lucia back and forth."

Mel's story could establish a defense to a domestic violence charge -- using reasonable force to protect a child from injury.

As for Oksana, Mel says, "I did not hit Oksana with a closed fist, as she alleges. I did not ever punch her in the face or in the temple or anywhere else, not then or at any other time."

Mel admits, "While I do not believe I handled the situation as well as I should have, I was worried about the rough way Oksana was shaking and tossing Lucia around," adding, "My hand never touched any part of Lucia." As we've already reported, the pediatrician who examined Lucia the next day saw no evidence of injury.

And Mel says, "There was never any blood on Oksana and none of her teeth were 'broken,' although one of the false veneers from a tooth apparently did come off, I did not see that occur at the time."

See also

More Today in TMZ History

Hahaha

CAN YOU STOP WITH YOUR BS HERE!!! NOWHERE IN mEL'S DECLARATION DOES HE ADMIT OR IMPLY THAT HIS HAND EVER TOUCHED LUCIA OR GRAZED HER. THE PIC FROM ROL SHOWED BABY ACNE. NOTHING ELSE. AND YES, OXA HAS BEEN SAYING THAT SHE WAS POUNDED BY MEL IN VARIOUS INSTANCES BY USING THESE WORDS: HE PUNCHED ME, CLOSE FISTS, HIT ME ON THE TEMPLE, AND BLOOD EVERYWHERE. SO DON'T MAKE YOUR 180 DEGREE HERE TO TRY TO TWIST MEL'S DECLARATION.

I haven't seen the official doctor's report but in THIS incident the first report I recall was that Lucia was only grazed while he was striking Oksana anyway. Remember people
were flipping over a photo from God knows where that ROL got ahold of and told them was THE defining photo. Tabloids tend to mislead.

Furthermore whatever was visible on Lucia may have been very minimal. No one said she was pounded. SHE DID INDEED SAY THAT SHE WAS POUNDED USING COLORFUL SYNONYMS.

Since Mel has admitted hitting or slapping Oksana, we can assume something happened. The texts would strongly indicate that problem was on his end not hers and among other things, he seemed to acknowledge that HE needed help not HER and apologized profusely for his behavior (Were the texts published here? I thought they were.) : SO YOU CAN'T USE THE TAMPERED RECORDINGS MADE ON FEBRUARY 18TH AND YOU'RE TRYING TO RELY ON THE TEXTS HUH? APPARENTLY THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE NOW...BUT IT DOESN'T SUPPORT HER STORY OF BEING BEATEN...

Me, I think the baby-shaker story is dead in the water. Had he really thought she was threatening Lucia's safety he would have gladly told the story in detail as it happened to the cops and attorneys, not taken the fifth. HE DIDN'T TAKE THE FIFTH...ONE OF YOUR CONTINUOUS TWISTING OF THE STORY. WHY DON'T YOU ANSWER WHY MADY SHADY'S DESCRIPTIONS OF OXA'S FACE WITH SCRATCHES CORRESPOND MORE TO HER RUNNING OUTSIDE AMONG THE BUSHES AND THE FACT THE PEDIATRICIAN DIDN'T NOTICE TRAUMA ON LUCIA AS OXA CLAIMED THAT MEL HER THE BABY TO

Posted at 2:27 AM on Nov 15, 2010 by Parker

bagladey

I'm not going to look at the Oksana/Larry King interview because I'm not going to help increase Larry King's viewership and ratings (especially for that episode); and because I'm convinced that Oksana is an unstable, cunning gold digger and I have no interest in looking at her, hearing her speak or seeing any dramatic production choreographed by Ari Emmanuel, Oksana and doddering puppet Larry King. I'll read about it all right here on TMZ.

garnet

It's possible Mel later was apologizing for his part in bringing Oksana to the point of hysteria. I assume it was a heated argument on both sides.

Posted at 2:29 AM on Nov 15, 2010 by garnet
------------------------------
having said that Oksana might have gotten hysterical cause she can't have her way.

Hahaha

The things is this:
1) Mel Gibson has always been consistent in "not denying" that the event of Jan 6 did happen. But what he has consistently implied is that he tried to stop Oksana from "shaking Lucia like a ragdoll". Up until now, we did not know how he tried to achieve this. Now we do: an open hand slap.
2) Oksana too has been consistent. Unfortunately for her, she has been consistently changing the story, adding more details, twisting the truth, etc that she was caught lying on more than one occasion. Her latest version is that he punched her twice in the face, where one of the punches landed (or grazed) Lucia, and then he strangled her and choked her with his right elbow, and also that he was brandishing a gun. She also claimed that there was blood everywhere.

Two different version.

But based on physical evidence, this is what we know: -
1) she released pictures of her and Lucia with what she claimed to show the bruises sustained in the alleged beating. But those pictures were highly controversial as they did not show injuries that correspond to the alleged beating (punching with a closed fist). So, the pictures does not support the verocity in which she alleged the beatings occured.
2) Lucia's pedeatrician gave a declaration that there were no bruises or any other injuries on Lucia when she saw both mother and child on the 7th of January. There was also no sign of injury or bruises on Oksana else the doctor would have reported the incident.
3) The tape which she claimed she recorded as a way to stop him from continuing abusing her, in the end, was found to be edited and used as a bargaining chip in the mediation agreement in which she received 15 million and is currently being used in a PR campaign to tarnish Mel'd reputation.

My conclusion: -
1) I believe MEl Gibson's version of events as the physical evidence supports his story more than hers.
2) I also find it weird that while she has the "brains" to take pictures of the bruises after the alleged DV and record his verbal tirade against her as a sign of DV, she did not keep the bloodstain clothes that she and baby Lucia wore, plus the bloodstain bedsheet as physical evidence. I think that if she were to have done so, it will give more credence to her story but she did not. From this, I can only surmised that there was no blood-stained clothes or sheet as there was no blood.

I believe that: -
1) Oksana was extremely confident that Mel would marry her, especially after his marriage to Robin collapsed. THat's why she signed the agreement not to ask for money from him (remember the agreement she signed way before all of this happened?) It was her way of showing Mel that she loves HIM not his MONEY. She was extremely confident of being his wife, thus had no fear of not being able to get any money. But when the relationship went kaput, she had to find a way to support herself and her child in a lifestyle that she believes she is entitled to, thus we are witnessing all this mess.
2) Oksana still believed that even after the Jan 6 incident, Mel still loves her and will still marry her. Thus all the "love" e-mails or text from her to Mel saying how much she loves him and that he is wonderful and did not do anything etc. THat's why she never did anything about the Jan 6 incident. But when Mel left her, she was a scorned woman, and a penniless one at that, so she had to plan something...anything to ensure she had a future in which she does not have to owrk but still live a life of luxury. Thus, the DV claim.
3) I think things got out of hand when she got greedy and thought that Mel would rather pay her more money than to have his reputation tarnished, so she went on a PR blitz. BUt unfortunately, Mel refused to budge, so she had to do more to puch him until he breaks and give him what he wants. meanwhile, she can't keep up with the many stories she has told, thus the mess that she finds herself in.

The question is: who is the REAL abuser?
IF you say MEL is the abuser as he abused her by slapping her to stop her from shaking Lucia, because you believe that MEl should have handled it in another way that does not involved any physical altercation, then I accept.
BUT that means, you have to also accept that Oksana ABUSED her baby by shaking her like a ragdoll and bringing her into a nasty fight, and should be prosecuted for her action as well.

So, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE versus CHILD ABUSE/ENDANGERMENT.

Posted at 2:27 AM on Nov 15, 2010 by fed-up

Very well stated fed-up. very well indeed. in the best greek (or human) drama there's hardly any saint, no one is truly pure: the difference is in the level of the guilt. Yes Mel could have handled it better as he admitted. But he didn't do anything illegal nor amoral. Yes he didn't have to slap her but slapping her to bring her under control and protect the baby was a quick and efficient response.
and yeah, it took so long because she was convinced that he would marry her. The problem with Oxa and the Mel haters in the media is that they overblow the importance of Mel's religion. Yes, he's very religious more than most people. They think that because of that he would automatically marry whoever comes after Robyn. They forget of course that if Mel was this strict then he wouldn't divorce Robyn in the first place, But religion is one thing. Life, something completely different.

Emm

Posted at 2:48 AM on Nov 15, 2010 by bagladey

I'm with you - BL

Larry's on his way out the wrong way, and I'm not gonna be one to help him.

Fred Farkel

There are 3 types of men.

a) Men who have slapped some sense into their women; and,

2) Men who have LIED about slapping some sense into their women; and,

c) Emasculated men.

Not that I would ever be FOOL enough to allow a woman to establish her residence IN MY HOME again... but if I did, it would be with the full understanding that she would be subject to the rath of UNHOLY HELL if she ever disturbed my peace and tranquility.

My god. Why would any man of Mel's age and wisdom and wealth EVER subject himself to the unpredictablity and insanity of a Russian bag of estrogen??

It just makes no sense.

TorontoWoman

#65 Ray

Of course it's not okay to shake a baby. But it also not okay to hit someone who's holding a baby. What if the strike had mad Oksana fall to the floor? What if the strike hit the baby instead? There are OTHER/BETTER ways to calm someone down. Also, a lot of are disgusted with Mel because we don't believe the story he's CONVENIENTLY come up with.

Fae

If Oksana manipulated n twisted the facts 'bout one story, then she probably lied 'bout all the other stories ...attention seeker
people lyk Oksana need to start being more honest and stop making up excuses to get more money

I really hope she gets to do time in jail cuz it will b a lesson to all those women that seek attention with such phony baloney crap we hear bout everyday...

Genna

This is the first story I have heard that makes sense. No wonder there were no bruises, cuts, swelling, or abrasions, etc. That would surely have been the case had Mel punched OG in the mouth with his fist as OG claims. This isn't DV, this is an argument between two people in a toxic relationship. It's no secret how Mel loves and adores his children. This was a knee jerk protective action...nothing more.

garnet

Drastic times call for drastic measures.

Emm

There are 3 types of men.

a) Men who have slapped some sense into their women; and,

2) Men who have LIED about slapping some sense into their women; and,

c) Emasculated men.

It just makes no sense.

Posted at 2:55 AM on Nov 15, 2010 by Fred Farkel

I'm impressed. Don't hold back, now tell us how you really feel. :)

misssahara

52. by another russian
The silicon monster was shaking the poor baby. She must go to jail. Has she been examined by a psychiatrist?
As a russian, who lives in Russia, I'm absolutely agree with Another Russian...We're surprised here why all that obvious things don't take into account in custody process...Her voice sounds in tapes too calm and ironic from time to time, she didn't afraid of him at all.She dated with him 2 years before baby was burned and knew his nature, he could shout at her, but without crime. I wonder some americans on her side, but what has she done for that America? Mr.Gibson is famous movie star and big taxpayer, and who's she?....only a kept woman, who used men and humane feelings for self-living...

Mishie

Dan at least advocate some kind of charity when you're knocking on my door. There Dan I've given you two weapons: twitter and charity. Really Dan I don't go around arming all my adversaries least you can do is make use of what I'm teaching you. I'll give you until thursady to have both ready for me.

Twitter and charity.

Posted at 5:27 AM on Oct 9, 2010 by Mishie

This post was deleted two days after I made it. I knew when I posted she needed to join a charity in order to seem more legit that DH would have it taken down.

They read all our comments and react to what we're saying. They even have what we post dissapear completely.
Oksana and DH are controlling the media and what I say. Oksana and DH are preventing us from discussing freely our thoughts, opinions and ideas.

Oksana and DH are not only destroying Mel Gibson but they are taking a dump on the constituion of the United States by silencing her citizens while they break the law.

michelle

a two month old doesn't have the ability to control 'their' head/neck, what kind of person would do such a thing to a baby

mama9

Look up the legal definition of assault. He assaulted her and should be prosecuted for it. He's not exempt any more than she is if she is found to have extorted him. Pretty scary man here.

Posted at 1:03 AM on Nov 15, 2010 by JLS

I guess shaking a baby is not a good enough reason to smack someone upside the head? I don't care who you are if I see it I would step in and smack the adult too and if it was my child i'd probly do more.

oh wait look who i'm talking to. You approve of abuse, just not mel