Prince William to

Seal Deal with

Kate Middleton

11/16/2010 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

After living together, breaking up, living together, breaking up, Prince William has decided to tie-the-knot with Kate Middleton.

Prince William Engagement
The royal family announced the engagement this morning and the buzz in England is that the wedding will be at least as big as Princess Diana's. Middleton is described as upper-middle class but not top drawer in social circles.

William popped the question in October in Kenya after asking Kate's father for permission and the royal wedding is scheduled for spring or summer 2011 in London.

Julie

How exciting for them! I can't wait for the wedding! I read that their titles will be changed after they get married to Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. I don't understand that. Isn't he Prince William and she should be Princess Catherine?

Fan

Hey janalal4,

Good points you made.

I'll admit, Prince William certainly seems to have avoided the majority of those inbreeding problems seen in other British Royalty. Perhaps this won't be too much of a freak show after all. He also seems humble enough.

Still, I hope the coverage doesn't blank out all other news for months on end as it did with Dianna.

azlee

I sure hope they make it, but they have so much against them. I also hope that William isn't like his father that he can dip into any woman that he wants.

Is that the case over there with royalty? I heard a do***entary that the potential wife (ie Diane) should expect it. I would hope that was true.

muigwithania

How is this breaking news.Its not like the Prince was gay and and now marrying a woman.Men have have been marrying women since Adam and Eve.Why this is breaking news beats me.This is not 1954.British Royalty is irrelevant to the vast majority of us.King Msawti of Swaziland married his 14th wife but who cares either.The Brits need to get over themselves .The have a serious old empire hangover .We dont care but we wish them all the best

lynn

I think this marriage has a better chance of success than Charles and Dianas. William had a more stable upbringing and was raised by his mum as much as possible but Charles was raised by nannies and rarely saw his mother.The C&D marriage was more a marriage of convenience to produce an heir. This seems to be for love. I wish them well and hope in the future we do not have to face the mud slinging that ended C&D's marriage.

Jackie

Ok!....Good Luck to W&K...

janalal4

Hey janalal4,

Good points you made.

Posted at 6:33 AM on Nov 16, 2010 by Fan

YEAH!! I really LIKE the guy & your definitely right about the 'humility':) LOVE the charitable work he chooses to participate in. Have to say that I was quite impressed when a few yrs ago, he went to Africa(think it was Africa,not sure) & was cleaning toilets & sleeping on the floor! I've really enjoyed watching both these boys & must admit that am more than just a bit 'amused' with Harry's ANTICS! Isn't he just the 'typical little brother'?! LOL! That whole Nazi 'get-up' he wore to that Halloween party that year was just waaaaayyyyy 'over the top' & wondered at the time how in the world he thought THAT wouldn't really shake up the monarchy-hehe!

Wouldn't you just LOVE to be fly-on-the-wall at B.Palace when 'granny' is giving those boy 'WHAT FOR'?! And you just KNOW she rips into to their little 'royal asses' from time to time. Charles probably just stands there totally MUTE, not daring to open his mouth either-haha:)Granny'll give him a whackin' too! And CHARLES....... What a hoot, right?! The 'nerdiness' of the man never ceases to crack me up but then again, he was 'gettin' his freak on' with ol' Camilla in the old days wasn't he? Seriously tho', that 'tampon comment' just MORE than a little creeped me out, didn't it you? I just NEVER want images of the man 'in the boudoir' in my head....EVER! :)

Totally AGREE with you about how here in U.S. we seem so enthralled with the cult of celebrity. Most of it I've got absolutely NO USE FOR:) Mel & Oksana?? YAWN, YAWN, YAWN! Here on TMZ(and I have to admit I usually check out TMZ's page almost every day but I was/am an 'MJ fan', no not a 'MJ zealot', just a 'fan'-lol)! So therefore, I check in just to see if there's any 'news' in that rhealm. I really cannot explain how after a year & 1/2 I'm STILL interested in MJ 'news' but I guess it was the strange & wonderful/fascinating life he always seemed to lead. The 'strangeness', the 'magic' of his music, Neverland, all the 'pecadillo's' in his life; but yes, still interested:) I know....it's really unexplainable considering like you, I'm NOT usually interested in most of these 'silly folks' & really, I actually PITY them because most, without their 'fame', would be totally 'lost'. Don't even think it's really about 'money' for most celebrities but it's rather the FAME that they can't seem to live without & I find that EXTREMELY SAD, don't you?! :) My life is 'a small one' & I'm definitely 'okay with that':)

As to Williams 'character', like you said, I've always been pretty impressed with him as a man. Harry, antics/immaturity & all, I've always been amused & entertained by him & bet he would be quite a 'funny guy' to know in real life. As to your comment about 'blanking out all other news'?? Your kidding, right?! Think your gonna be totally 'OUT OF LUCK' & totally 'IRRITATED' with whats going to occur on the day(and probably for many days following-afterall, gotta get those 'honeymoon headlines'!) Yeah, think your gonna find it MORE than 'irritating' unfortunately?) Cnn,MSNBC,FOX....they're just gonna beat it to DEATH:(

gutsygirl

#14

"What’s with the hair in that family? You’d think with all that money he’s get some sort of hair system in place. He’s not a bad looking guy but with no hair he looks ugly."

Harry may have gotten all the hair but William certainly inherited his mother's good looks. His lack of vanity is refreshing.

janalal4

Posted at 6:43 AM on Nov 16, 2010 by muigwithania

IRRELEVANT???? Your kiddin' right?! NO, it's anything BUT irrelevant to MANY people especially in Britain(gonna be HUGE!) AND U.S. are going to be totally glued to their 'telly's' you can bet on it:) Not sure how old you are but if you were around the year Di & Charles were married, you'd understand just how HUGE this is going to be. Di's death?? Basically, it was ALL that all the news outlets talked about. It was such a huge event that I even recorded it because I recognized the historical significance it was going to have. I wasn't alone either. Believe it or not, MOST OF THE PEOPLE I KNEW ALSO RECORDED IT TO SAVE. I think you must be fairly young & it could just be that you may be too young to realize that the monarchy may be something that is not going to last much longer. It's really NOT so much about 'William & Kate' or even the royal family themselves but rather, it's about 'HISTORY' & if you are anything like myself? You probably just don't really appreciate the impact of an historical event such as this. It wasn't until I started becoming an 'old lady'(hehe) that the 'History Channel' became part of my 'favorites' line-up when I watched tv. When you start having a 'history of your own' & begin thinking in nostalgic terms, you'll have more of an appreciation for ALL history:)

Believe me, this is going to probably be even BIGGER than Charles & Di's wedding & PEOPLE WILL DEFINITELY BE INTERESTED ENOUGH TO TUNE IN ON THAT DAY:) There will ALSO be a whole bunch of people who say 'poo-poo' on THAT but will tune in anyway. They just won't admit it:)

The monarchy has been an instituition for hundreds of years. Really, you just have to admire the historical significance of something that has REMAINED very relevant all over the world. An excellent example are those who find Michael Jackson fascinating ALL OVER THE GLOBE, yet many cannot explain 'why'. The British royal family is the same. Internationally they are STILL very popular. Who as a child DIDN'T love the bedtime stories of Kings, Queens, Prince's, & Princess's? There still 'a little kid' left in most of us. It's just 'the idea of it' that many people find intriguing:)

As to history? Rent the movie 'Elizabeth' with Cate Blanchett! An excellent film & Blanchett was AMAZING in it. Queen Elizabeth was one tough chick in a 'man's world'. She saw England thru some of the toughest, most difficult times it's ever know back when a 'female ruler' was practically unheard of. She had to wage a war of her own to be taken seriously & respected within her own Parliament. If you watch this movie it may just give you a 'glimmer' of just ONE of the aspects of why people are still very much interested in the monarchy. Many see the 'Queen' now as 'irrelevant' but once-upon-a-time, she WAS the only 'rule' in Britain & the prosperity or 'fall' of the entire country depended on her.

Chris VanHaight

Congratulations to Prince William and Kate Middleton! I wish them every happiness.

kickaboo

I hope the media respects the young royals, yeah they have their duties to the country but the media doesn't have chase another one, resulting in a tragedy.
I think these young men turned out great, thanks to Diana and to Charles, even Camilla helped with getting the stuffiness out of the Queen and Prince Phillip. I hope William and Kate keep breaking the barriers even more. Keep with Diana's good work.

get real

Its About time... Congrats.

waka

This royal couple's good news should be on the top of the TMZ front, instead of the gold digger Ox's dogfight.

rebecca

She's ugly

maryb.

Personally, I'm not into lowercase "royals" whether they be young or old; however, Diana adored and loved her sons. The decency they are today can only be attributable to their early exposure to their mother's love and devotion. Yes, this young lady appears to be someone to whom she would give her heart on behalf of her first son. To have been friends since university days, group housemates, and friends and lovers for eight years, these two young people must be solidly in love with each other.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments