Princess Diana's Ring

Now In Kate's Hands

11/16/2010 2:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Prince William has revealed that he proposed to Kate Middleton with his mom's engagement ring -- the same one Princess Di stopped wearing after Charles cheated on her ... which in turn, ruined the marriage, embarrassed the royals and tore the family apart. Bling Bling!!

Kate Middleton Engagement Ring
Diana famously picked out the £30,000 ring -- which consisted of 14 diamonds surrounding a sapphire -- back in 1981. They divorced in 1996.

So we gotta ask ...

0709_ring_bling_footer

kath

I am so happy for the couple. They have known each other for years and are happy together. They are both committed to each other and hopefully no one will come between them and ruin their marriage.

Fran

There is no way I would want that ring on my finger, not for nothing, but that is cursed!

Vee

I think its a beautiful gesture and honor.

janalal4

According the tabs, Kate already agreed to accepting the Prince's deliances with a mistress and whatever else he chooses to do. They took the time to explain the "rules" to her perhaps to avoid the debacle they experienced with Princess Diana.

Its a hard life to be married to a Royal and what the tradeoff? A life of compromised unhappiness, misery. Good luck to Kate, she could use it.

Posted at 11:11 AM on Nov 16, 2010 by a long time Leno fan!

...and afterall, if it's written in a 'tabloid', it MUST be true.

Whatever

TMZ, your site is so slow and littered that I want to vomit. Now a new page of ads when you try to click through pages of comments? Barf-o. As if the new crap at the bottom and elsewhere dragging the site to a crawl weren't bad enough.

t

this is my first and last comment on the subject of this guy and his fiancee.

it's not a cursed ring unless you consider being a princess, traveling the world, have a man that loves you, living in the lap of luxury cursed. the incident that happened to princess diana was ONE THING...not a bunch of things...she was a philanthropist.
i'm happy for the both of them and much luck.

Prancy

Never accept an engagement ring that is from a failed engagement or marriage. It's doomed! I'm not even superstitious, however, I have personally seen a great couple breakup as soon as the cursed ring was put on the finger. It is bad luck. Don't take the chance.

Joe

That's MY ring! Chuckles said I could have it! All I had to do was keep my mouth shut and I have. But now Camilla and I don't have to keep our mouths shut anymore, do we?

camaguey

Uh...don't show Kate's ring to Jessica, please! Jessica's ring looks like they found it in a gumball machine, I am serious!

6one9

No way in hell would I except this ring `````as my engagement ring!! Maybe a ring for my right hand`` but only that!! He needs to buy her a NEW bling bling!!

Dee

May God bless them both. I know Diana is watching from heaven and smiling her beautiful smile at the happiness of her beloved son. All good things to William and Kate.

Christy

Not the ring - Charles is an idiot.

ManiacalZebra

Inanimate objects aren't "cursed," nor can they be responsible for a relationship ending. That falls totally on to the individuals involved. And, let's face facts, his daddy hasn't been the best role model on how to make a marriage work.

Hey Now

I dunno, I think I'd want my own ring. Plus, its ginormous!

Greg

Smart guy, if it all ends in tears, there is no way she would be able to keep the ring due to the public's obsession of Diana and its a family piece.

I also thought it was Harry's?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments