« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Brent Barry's Dad: 'I Feel Horrible for My Son'

11/17/2010 7:58 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The father of San Antonio Spurs star Brent Barry -- whose wife Erin is reportedly the other woman in a Tony Parker love triangle -- tells TMZ he's worried that Brent will be "devastated" by the news.

Tony Parker Cheating With Brent Barry's Wife, Erin Barry

Barry -- who played with Parker from 2004 to 2008 -- is in the middle of a divorce from his wife Erin Barry ... and earlier today, it was reported that she was the other woman who got in between Tony and Eva Longoria.

We spoke to Barry's father, NBA Hall of Famer Rick Barry, who told us, "I feel horrible for my son. I'm in shock.  I knew [Erin] was moving out of the house soon and SHE was the one that filed for divorce. This is the straw that broke the camel's back."

Rick added, "[Brent] is going to be devastated.  I can't even imagine him going through this ... the divorce was hard enough news."

Tony Parker and Erin Barry

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Annie

TMZ -- pleasegiveus the name of the publicist for each of them who outright lied yesterday calling rumors of divorce 100% absolutely false. I propose you start a section on your website about eaach publicist and their truthfulness measures. For example -- publishing Jane Doe (representing Eva Longoria in 2010) claimed on 11/16/2010 that any all reports of divorce all 100% false when, on 11/17/2010 Eva filed for divorce and publicly admitted it. Score on truthfulnessscale: 0. A no comment would have been better. Why do I suggest this? Because then we can all gage the accuracy and truthfulness of denials. To me this isnt about celebrity accountability but their publicist's accountability. Now, if the divorce wasn't filed in Texas I thnk saying it is 100% false a divorce was filed in Texas might get a score of 50%. Technically accurate but wordsmithing. Then, when you guys post another scoop on another celebrity you can link to that publicist's track record of just saying things straight or playing word games our being out of the loop or outright lying. To me, Eva's publicist yesterday was outright lying because a big story like this one should have required contact with the star before making any responsive statement (like "I have heard nothing from Eva to suggest such action is being taken at this time." but denial?, with Radaronline and you guys, it just shocks the conscience to keep getting publicists who lie). Now, I also get "spin doctors" for crimes, etc. but I see that as way different than divorces or contract disputes, etc. TMZ -- start holding the publicists accountable directly by putting their names up in your stories with the celebs. Maybe neewer celebs will start hiring the truthful ones to improve shady reputations....just hopeful thinking. Like Lindsay Lohan would do well to hire a top notch, truthful publicist for her future dealings.

JaundicedEye

Eva assumed the risk, but it does hurt nonetheless. I'm sure she is suffering a lot of emotional pain right now.

Eva looks great when she has her hair and makeup done, but TMZ had a photo from 8/2008, which they removed, showing her without any makeup and she looks very plain. Not the little hottie you would think.

Tony Parker needs a good beatdown for being double-disrespectful. What a loser!

CaptainClaudius

I'm sure Eva was stingy with sex and Tony...well...he's a dumb Frenchman. You expected more from the French?

Elissa

Tony Parker is so disgusting! Eva can do better than that!

JaundicedEye

Yes, ANOTHER reason to hate the French!

Oh, and Annie, how does one spell lying: H-O-L-L-Y-W-O-O-D

Dave

Eva Longoria is WAYYYYYYY hotter than Erin Barry . . . .no contest. . .only explanation I can think of is Erin must be able to suck the chrome off a bumper

Kaaka

You ladies know when Tony parker LICK HIS LIPS and play with his NIPPLES while speaking FRENCH you are pretty much HELPLESS

(#=#)

Elissa

I hope Rick Barry kicks Tony !@!

Elissa

correction : I hope Brent Barry kicks Tony's !@!

nisiek

word to ALL women, if you think a proballer of any sport will be loyal y'all better think again! This I did not see coming, esp. from Tony, but this is a new low, cheating with a teammates wife...and apparently this isn't the first for Tony in his marraige. Wow, now I will avoid athletes like the plague, cause just like Tiger stunned everyone, wait until even more skanks come forward. I am really sad though cause I thought Tony was one of the good ones...(but then again at one point I thought Tiger and Jesse were too, and they turned out to be dogs...and the bad kind of dog!)

dencyb

A pro athelete getting married at 23 to a somewhat older, maybe pushy woman, hard to believe it didn't work...I always thought he was kinda creepy looking anyway.
He just signed a $50million
new contract, darn right she should get support... what if "Housewives" is cancelled? HE CHEATED!

ChicaPimp

Really YOU FURRY JERK! Look at that FUGLY woman and look at your wife! Your wife is a successful woman who is THE OTHER WOMAN?! Someone who HAPPENED to marry into money. Tony Parker you are s*** you NEVER deserved someone who is bright, intelligent, beautiful, successful and funny as Eva! You're a LOSER. Choke on it when she marries someone who is not only deserving of HER but is also gorgeous we all KNOW she did YOU a favor by giving YOU the time of day.

CN

What do you expect from football goons..Ego problems with almost all of them..Girls it does not matter how cute, pretty, skinny, rich, lovely, great body YOU have.. most men will always cheat..

Throwback kid

IF THOSE GUYS WERE NOT NBA PLAYERS I DON'T THINK EITHER ONE OF THOSE GIRLS WOULD TAKE A SECOND LOOK AT THEM. THEY LOOK LIKE DORKY GOOFBALLS.

Kimberly

Tony one word DOG.. As the same to hear Female Bitch (DOG)..