Mark Ballas: Why Democrats Are Voting for Bristol ...

11/17/2010 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mark Ballas claims he and Bristol Palin aren't just backed by Republicans -- and last night dude explained that all sorts of Democrats have pledged their support for the "Dancing" duo because of four specific reasons.

111710_mark_ballas_tmz_video_19

netherfield

Bristol has improved every week and did very well this week. Brandy did dance better, but I was turned off that when she talked about the fatal auto accident, she made it all about all about her own pain and trauma and how hard it was to feel as if the world was against her. If I had been instrumental in ending the life of someone, I would certainly be thinking about them and their family more than I would be feeling sorry for myself. It was a complete turn off.

Tom

First the show is called "Dancing with the STARS". She is not any kind of star! The show is to showcase real talent and the best person Wins. Not so in this case where it is obvious that the person that has a political machine backing them wins. With that scenerio, it has nothing to do with talent but everything to do with how many people can vote for you. Mark's comments are pure rationalization cause he gets more money( yea Palin will now get around 400,000 for the appearances). Then she comes from a family that loves their homophobic slurs which make them even more appealing(check out her sister calling someone F*G and Fa**ot, just a day ago when commenting on someones negative comment about Bristol. Nice family. If she wins, the show becomes less relevant than it is now as it was suppose to showcase the best tlaent ande Bristol is not the best by any means.

marife

HATERS!to the millions who hate sarah palin why don't you vote so bristol will be eliminated.I agree bristol is not the best dancer on the show but she's come a long way.Her tango,paso-doble and waltz were well executed. I love her because she is so sweet and demure, very real and normal. Kudos to mark for bringing the best out of her..they actually make a great pair,I hope there's a romance there.

rico

Venicementor, oh, a ******ger has crawl out from under a rock to protest....

amy

Give me a break her Moms minions are voting for Bristol who can't dance worth a damn. The fix is in if I were Jennifer Grey I would decline to take part any more.

Posted at 10:24 AM on Nov 17, 2010 by Liz

Do you see Grays star power in the Audience, you don't think they aren't getting their fair share of come vote for Jennifer tweets out there! Brandys minions should have stepped up their game! It's a popularity show in the beginning just like all these types of shows. What's with all the hate?

mary

Well said, Mark. You are a fantastic dancer and teacher. Keep Going!!!!!Better luck to Max next year.

polly

Mark, the name of the show is Dancing With The Stars. Your defense that Bristol wins because she is not a "Hollywood type" or that she "has not been a Performer, her whole life", makes a mockery of the shows title. The show is supposed to include Hollywood types...and celebrities of various paths. Bristol is none of these. She, is clearly carried along by a manipulation of the voting and so be it..Just be honest..I for one am finished with this show.

Pam

To charm 174 I don't know how anyone could vote 300 times in 30 minutes. I voted 6 times on my home phone and 6 times on my cell phone and that took the entire half hour...it was hard to get through. But anyway, This has nothing to do with politics people vote for their favorite and sometimes that's not the best dancer. I started out with Jennifer than I liked Curt Warner so I voted for him until he was out now I like Bristol so I'm voting for her. I still think Jennifer is the best dancer but I like how Bristol has no background, is getting better each week and she's only 20. It takes a brave 20 year old to do that and she's likable. Get over the politic crap it's HER people LIKE. It's the story, the underdog and being able to relate that peope LIKE.

andre`

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HER MOTHER IS A GOP-TURNED CELEBRITY, BUT SHE CONDEMN OBAMA AT FIRST FOR BEING HOLLYWOOD AND THATS ALL SARAH IS. SHE IS JUST TAKING EVERYONE MONEY AND LAUGHING IN THEIR FACE. I REALLY DONT LIKE HER OR HER FAMILY. THEY ALL SHOULD JUST GO

janluv4kids

The girl can't dance, Brandy had it in the beg,Palin looks like a morning obese witch. Sorry, it is what it is. Win you win just hold it and say I did not win this for dancing it was for Moma. POLITICS

Sally

Dance fans everywhere are wailin’
That they must suffer Bristol Palin,
Who seems an inoffensive kind
But never, ever, will remind
Of Ginger R. or Fred Astaire
(More like the world’s best dancing bear!)

The last of those election jokes
By the fun Tea Party folks;
With their modus operandi,
They’ve ousted Rick, and Kurt, and Brandy,
Each of whom, it’s clear as crystal,
Could easily out-Foxtrot Bristol!
(They’d lower tax at every chance?
It taxes US to watch her dance!)

Posted at 9:57 AM on Nov 17, 2010 by Fred R.

I love this! Thanks for this!

andre`

JUST DUMB AND STUPID

andre`

JUST DUMB AND STUPID

andre`

MARK IS JUST LIKE THEM, DUMB. HE KNOW THAT BRISTOL IS A WEAK DOG AND NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OUT JUST LIKE HER MOTHER. THEY ALL ARE STUPID AND DUMB.

LovinIt

Go Bristol!! The point total includes fan votes for a reason. If Bristol can tally more votes... good for her! It has been so frustrating to watch everyone expect her to loose week after week and be shocked when she keeps coming back. They underestimated Bristol the Pistol. I hope she takes it all!