'Teen Mom'

Charged with Domestic Violence

11/18/2010 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Amber Portwood -- one of the stars of the MTV show "Teen Mom" -- has been charged with domestic violence and battery for allegedly beating the crap out of her baby daddy in front of their daughter.

Amber Portwood
Indiana officials confirm ... the 20-year-old faces two felony counts and one misdemeanor for allegedly attacking 24-year-old Gary Shirley three separate times from August 2009 to July 2010.

Officials have acknowledged that the criminal investigation was launched after the MTV show aired -- which included footage of Amber smacking Shirley several times.

Cops say Amber not only slapped Shirley in front of the kid -- but she also punched him several times in the face and upper-body.

If convicted on all counts, Portwood faces three years behind bars and fines up to $10,000.

Broeheem

Ummm... Dianne? She's fat (and so is the guy). No getting around that that. She's wider than she is tall. You can barely see her eyes above her squirrel-cheeks. She IS an amoeba. She is terribly over-inflated. She's shaped like a beach-ball with drumsticks attached. If she's 120 lbs, then she's also 3 ft tall. Grunt grunt grunt grunt grunt.

Mel

"allegedly" is the same as supposedly like it might have happened but not proven! Hello TMZ the world watch the punk mom pull that crap on cable tv. and since they are using those tapes which is the proof to Prove she did it. so where is the Allegedly

April

and to comment number 30 you must be like her bc i know gary wasnt great he wouldnt get a job and he did act stupid BUT....Gary wanted to leave her bc he was sick of the mental,physical,and every other kind of abuse!i mean really,id be leaving her too,he would take the baby and leave and amber wouldnt even really care at least he was there for his daughter emotionally amber sure wasnt ive barely seen her being a mom,shes a sorry excuse for a mother

Eileen

You have to look at what she is: an uneducated and overwhelmed teenager with little to no coping skills and no discernable support network. She has very low self esteem and poor judgment which is illustrated by her choices in men and the speed with which she allows them to move into her and her child's life. She needs help in a serious way.

Sonja

Why would it matter if Gary is fatter than her? Him being bigger than her doesn't mean the girl isn't fat..she is, sorry. That has nothing to do with her being violent, and to the poster who said Gary has done his share of abusing.. then goes on to say 'well maybe not physical' .. well then shut up. Gary never did a thing to her, emotionally or physically. This poor excuse for a human would fly into a rage of the most stupid and petty things. I just hope they keep that child away from this slap happy monster. I cant' imagine what this kid will go through the first time they pee the bed, get a bad grade or don't clean their room.

mike

About freakin' time...

laurie

bout time - her ass should have been locked up the first time - and he should get soul custody of the child and I hope he goes after her for child support! dumbho

lynn

she deserves everything she gets,maybe justice will finally be served!

April

and another thing i dont like amber what so ever but everyone trying to say she is fat huge big whatever,shes not no twig or boney girl but shes not fat shes lost alot of weight shes not fat nor skinny so shut ur holes

Betty

She is so mean and uncaring to that cute little girl. The child should live in a loving home, with a loving mother. She is a good little girl. It seems like the Mother doesn't want to be bothered by her. Sad, very sad. If the child doesn't get taken away from her, she will eventually hit the child soon. God forbid!

Cravin Morehead

These two look like the first generation in their families to walk upright.

your not all that

I hope someone beats her up in jail !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

viewer

Good for the cops for pressing charges against her. She really has some problems. How I wish their had been cameras rolling when my husbands first "wife" a term I use loosley used to beat up on him, and then turn around and call the cops on him complaining of battery. what a BI*CH. I hope this fat girl gets her dues and thinks of her daughter first instead of herself.

Susie

WTF WAS SHE THINKING?!?!?!?!? I mean come on! Ur on TV! Obviously it was going to be aired. I would like to know why the hell didn't the producers or camera people stop her or at least warn her about her actions. But who I feel the most sorry for is the baby. She's the one in the middle of all this and she's the one who's suffering the most. My heart goes out to the little girl and I hope Gary gets custody of her. Hopefully he'll be a good role model for her.

starselynn

When I'd watch the show, I'd get this horrible knot in my stomach when Amber would come on. When I seen her hit Gary & Leah was RIGHT there, I felt absolutely SICK!
Or the time she was mad at Gary & driving around with Leah in the car & screaming at her to 'Shut the f*** up!' Sad.
OR how about letting her new bf CHANGE Leah's diapers?! What a damn idiot!!!!
Ugh. She needs to be shot.