And on Your Left ... It's the Chilean Miners!

11/19/2010 9:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The rescued Chilean miners have totally gone Hollywood.

0221_media_removed-1
The miners and their families -- who are in L.A. for CNN's Heroes gala this weekend --  took in the local sights near Grauman's Chinese Theatre while on top of  a double decker tour bus on Thursday.

Somebody get these guys a star on the Walk of Fame, stat!

Vegas Wrestling

Oh my god, first they get stuck in a mine, and then they might run into Spencer Pratt or The Situation? Oh my god, those brave men have suffered enough!!!

No, seriously, that's awesome, They're having fun and that's so cool.

gerry

How are they heroes? They were stuck in a hole. And please, NO MORE MEL AND OKSANA!!!

Bippy

@#2 - Totally agree with you - why - just because they survived that mining accident ?? There are many other true heroes in this world that live their lives without any attention because they think that they do not deserve extra credit for doing just what a person should do in maybe saving someone's life or whatever !!! - Did they miss Disneyland ??

gerry

When our miners get rescued do they go on tour to Chile?

Ozzie X

I share the same sentiment as some posters. I'm glad they survived their ordeal but how are they heroes? The heroes are the drillers and the medical staff that spent countless sleepless hours away from home and family to try to save the miners.

Quinn

Did Yonni Barrios bring his wife, his mistress, or both?

Jason

Ok, I hope this is just a vacation for them and not a chance to stay in the US! They are not heros!

AH

LOL at Quinn #7!

I am happy they survived their whole ordeal and very glad they are all healthy (I know some had medical issues, etc). I even liked that the miner got to run the marathon and thought that was a great story and how he ran miles in the mine every day. It was amazing that they came together in time of need and got stuff done while trapped and never gave up hope of being free one day from the mine.

Yes, the heroes are the drillers and medical staff that spent time around the clock working on freeing these miners. And the miners weren't even supposed to be out now by the earliest predictions. Heroes are the firefighters that run into the burning buildings, cops ending hostage situations before fatality, our military and veterans defending our freedoms, etc.

God bless you miners and may you never take a single day for granted. Or any of us, for that matter.

Big THANK YOU and GOD BLESS to the heroes in every day life!!!!!

Details?

AH, you rock. ou said everything I thought. The miners are a feel good story. And there are real heros walking among us that should be recognized on a daily basis, not just emergencies.

Dallas2010

WTF

Jaden

Good to know that I'm not to be the only one who is sick of these guys. I followed the story and was glad when they were rescued but come on, enough already. Why does everyone have to milk every last drop of publicity, what happened to dignity and self respect. Maybe Heidi and Spencer aren't that bad after all.

Politico Pablo

With all the paid for free trips, free stuff, and book deals these guys are getting, I'm starting to wish I too had been trapped down in that mine.

Maria

Really???? Heros?.... The TRUE heros are the people who worked 24/7 getting them out of there!!! They needed help and the people who helped all over the world.....coming from Iraq/Afghanistan are the heros! These miners are now media whores. You don't see the heros in the media, do you??

sheila

Exceptional courage, nobility and strength ... yes they are heroes. What is wrong with you people. They survived something beyond what most people are made to EVER endure. I could hardly handle the aftermath of katrina. ( yeah ... lay it on me haters)And if you are sick of them, page to the next article. PS the guy on Letterman was ultrafabulous and even a dark pit could not destroy his spirit.

Frankie

Why don't you mention the Pennsylvania company that successfully drilled the hole that got the miners out? Just wondering.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments