'Ace of Cakes' Bites It

11/19/2010 6:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Food Network has had their fill of "Ace of Cakes" -- TMZ has learned the show will be canceled after this upcoming season.

Ace of Cakes Cancelled

A rep for the Food Network tells us, "All good things must come to an end, and the final season of Ace of Cakes will begin on-air in January."

As for Duff -- the star baker -- we're told Food Network is "currently in the process of developing new show concepts for him."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Reed

Perhaps this means that they'll shutter Charm City Cakes, and let Duff return to his true calling as a member of the instrumental group Soihadto.

Michelle

I enjoy watching Ace of Cakes. I like the way the cast work together and get things done without a lot of yelling and drama. Its refreshing that the cakes are the focus of the show and not over done drama. I think it shows people that you can have a good sense of humor and over all personality and still be popular and get ahead in business. I would tune into a new show with Duff or Geoff. The only thing that I cringed over about shows that showcase food prep, is how some people will touch their hair, ears, mouth and other places and then go back to touching the food...yuck! You see it on all the food shows.

Dolores

This is sad news. I love this show and all of them at Charm City. I will miss Duffs laugh the most. Get rid of Chopped or Cupcake Wars or better yet The Worst Cooks In America. Too bad.

Harris Lowenhaupt

I hope canceling Ace of Cakes is a joke and that we'll wake up next week and find that it was Cupcake Wars or the Unreal Housewives that are actually canned instead.

Viva Duff and all the crew!

Jill

NO!!! This was one of the better TV shows. Take off Cake Boss and Cupcake Wars. Also take off the cooking show that gives chefs four ridiculous items to make a meal. Most of the ingredients are items I would not touch.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5