Lindsay Lohan -- I Wasn't Fired, I Quit!

11/20/2010 5:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan made the choice to leave her latest film project, not the other way around ... sources close to LiLo tell TMZ.

1114-lindsay-lohan-tmz-ex
It's been reported today that Lindsay was fired from the planned Linda Lovelace biopic "Inferno." But sources who have spoken to Lindsay within the last hour tell us Lindsay decided to drop out from the film so that she could focus more on her recovery.

We're told Lindsay felt the project no longer felt right -- but that she and the director, Matthew Wilder, remain on good terms and hope to work together in the future.

UPDATE: A rep for Lindsay adds that Lindsay is "concentrating on her recovery" and calls the decision to leave the film "mutual."

1120_lindsay_inferno_footer

AnnieSH

Me personally, I think the best role Lindsay should do first is a life or death situation or an abusive wife/girlfriend - something that strips her away from a 'glam' image. I'm thinking something similar to "The Burning bed" or "The Accused". A comedy, action or thriller/horror? Not yet.

Just MO...

Moe Green

She needs a bare ass spanking.

Help This Young Woman

Women don't like Lindsay, period. She has lost more than half of her fan base (women) and they won't be back unless she becomes Mother Theresa incarnate and proves she is worthy of their attention. No matter how many positive posts there are by PR people, this fact can't be changed. Few women will pay to see a Lindsay Lohan film. She has ruined her career.

dd

@168 I think u hit the nail on the head!

Lucky_130

All hearts can change, in the cold November Rain.

edie

Why would she want to do such a dark movie now that her mind is in a more positive place she was not in a clear state of mind at that time granted she would have done a good job in it the movie was to dark and shes not in a dark place now.

Holly

Producer Richard Sullivan cant get Lindsay insured either.

Bubbles The Chimp

She just needs to stick to fashion ads for foreign companies and products. I can see her doing a photo-shoot for the 'Urban Sombrero.'

JaneB

awards..
pollution, dude. Does that crap make YOU feel better?
Poor form.

kay

This is such a load of cow manure. One thing is for sure, mama Lohan must be PISSED her meal ticket is losing ground in Hollywood.

AnnieSH

@ Edie, the reason I think she should do a dark movie is to strip her 'glam' image away and have a role that is vulnerable and sympathetic to the audience. Something that has her wearing little make-up and showing raw emotions. It doesn't matter if IRL her mind is in a positive place. It's called ACTING, remember?

And to Casey: Speak for yourself and others that you personally know that feel that way. Do not ever speak for the entire female race. That is just plain arrogance that you feel you're the voice of all women.

JimmyB

Lindsay WHO?

Lucky_130

176- How bout a Dark comedy like "I love Smoochy". hahaha, Lindsay was born for comedy!

Lucky_130

I mean" Death to Smoochy" hahaha

APRIL

I mentioned this months ago. It is not a good idea for her to play this role,there were lots of fake drugs she would have to PRETEND TO DO for the film. It would make her crave them in real life. This role is not good for her recovery and I bet BETTY FORD pointed that out. I am sure that was part of her script given the role.