Death Threats Targeting Bristol Palin, Mark Ballas

11/22/2010 5:23 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas have received death threats and "Dancing with the Stars" has measurably heightened security ... sources connected with the show tell TMZ.

Bristol Palin Death Threats
We're told the threats began to come in last week, after Bristol and Mark made the finals.  Execs on the show told Mark to stop tweeting because it was inciting people.  Mark complied.

Sources connected with the show tell us extra security will be on hand tonight for the show.  And, if Bristol and Mark head to New York, execs are talking about breaking format and not doing their interview outside in Times Square -- but rather in the studio, where it's more secure.

TMZ broke the story ... a staffer on the show opened a "fan letter" to Bristol on Friday and white powder fell out.  Turns out it was talcum powder, but the FBI is investigating nonetheless.

As one source said, "Everyone is genuinely worried.  This is a dance competition, and it's just gotten crazy."

Guy

I think its really incredible how intolerant these Palin-bashers are. Why is it so insulting to you that she has continued to be on the show week after week. It's just like American idol. The best singer doesn't always make it to the finals. Its the one the fans like best. The hatred and vile spilling out over Bristol is pretty sickening and disappointing.

Martha

I think that they are cooked up threats, from the Paliban as they are known.

And for the love of Mike, WHEN will they admit that Brisket is pregnant?

She gets larger in size every show.

All these lies about her eating and "not noticing any change in her body"......please Brisket, you are the ONLY one in America who hasn't!

There has NEVER been another celebrity who gained weight!

The rest ALL lose weight.

That belly bulge gives it all away.

Even Pink was half her size and the AMA show.

Grandma

Some of these comments make me so sad. What ever happened to looking for the good in people? You bet Brandy, Jennifer and Corey are excellent, but every single one of them has had the experience of standing in the spotlight. Bristol is a true novice. How many times have you heard Len tell the contestants they want to see improvement from week to week. Bristol has certainly done that.

Luci

Hopefully that Palin family will not send us anymore "STARS." And I hope Bristol does not produce anymore little "******s" before she is wed.

Keith

Since when has a lack of talent stopped anyone from winning a contest??? Look at American Idol and all those other shows. These talent shows are nothing more than a popularity show!!! That being said, it should show the liberal left that there are a lot more conservatives than they thought there were. And so what if Bristol wins. She does not deserve death threats for being on the show and in the finals. To JW - come back from the liberal fantasy world and rejoin the real world. Liberals do make death threats, look at the death threats against Pres. Bush and the conservative talk show hosts. To STFUP: Just because you are conservative does not mean you are uneducated. In fact, I often find that the conservatives are better educated as we have to try and correct the BS that the liberals and liberal media spew forth on a daily basis. Great example of liberal educational system failing - Los Angeles Unified School District. Look it up... Big disaster and all caused by liberals!!!

LogicalThinking

Where was all of the outrage when Emmit "two left feet" Smith won? Oh thats right, there was none.

Also, don't you just love the crazies on the left? These people are so crazy that they don't even realize they are crazy. They are too busy calling the right crazy that they can't see that they are hate filled loons.

georgia

If anybody thinks this is ok because she is Sarah Palin's daughter then you need to have your head and your heart examined,and shame on you Mr. Levin for your comment today.

cari

I am pretty sure Bristol sent it, or one of their herd. This not a dance competition to them. Somehow its politics. And Politicking 101: crazy **** draws attention to yourself. maybe even sympathy if you play your cards (with white powder) right.

SICK.

Elizabeth Whittington

Bristol is not a celebrity and does not belong on the show. Besides she is very dull to watch. But, death threats are taking things a bit too far. There are far worse things going on in the world no one cares about at all.
That said, I wonder if Sarah Palin has a deal with Disney. She was featured more than any contestant family member I have ever seen. I also think the judges were unusually easy on Bristol. Really? That dance scored a 9 from all three judges? A 7 at best.
I tried to vote for Jennifer Gray on my cell and got through one time after at least 200 calls. I tried to vote online for Jennifer and the registration form would not come up on my computer. I tried on my cell-- 3 email addresses were rejected as already taken. I know that was not true. What gives, ABC?

Dreama

I have watched this show and voted since season one. There have been times I was frustrated about "stars" who continued longer than their dancing ability warranted. BUT they did have charisma, charm and entertainment value. Bristol is NOT a "star". She has no dancing ability and no personality....not an entertainer. The judges have been too easy on her the whole season. She was consistently the lowest scorer but each week someone from the top of the pack would be voted off. They say the viewers are voting her on but I just don't believe it. I haven't talked to one person who thinks she should still be there. There are few comments supporting her compared to the people who think she should have been voted off a long time ago...at least before the half way mark. They may have hit the jackpot with the ratings this year, but they will pay for it next year. I'll never watch it again. It's a joke now.

Ann Anon

Palin is not "just a kid". She is a woman of 20 with a child. The fact that she is a poor dancer, in this case, is important because it is what this show is supposed to be about. It is not supposed to be about "how much she has inproved". It is supposed to be about who is the best dancer. I could not vote tonight. My password was not accepted. Funny, it was ok a month and a week ago.This is such a farce. People can get into the site with made up passwords and email addresses. ABC has made itself a laughing-stock! The general manager probably managed to get the ratings.

Mike

Bristol has the right to dance like any other contestant, however the judges are being biased in the scoring. I am not the professional but even I can tell the difference of good and bad dancing. Scorings should be about 7 and 8. This will actually harm the show regarding its credibility.

texan

I will say the opposite of Michelle Obama..for the 1st time in my 67 years..I am ashamed of the american people....I have never seen such filth and negativity about someone you disagree with.. closed minds lead to open flapping mouths..

Andrea

Bristol Palin was the worst contestant to ever go to the finals on the show. The fact that she was on the show during an election year and her mother's book and reality show were debuting, was all meticulously planned. Shame on ABC for stuping so low for ratings. Is ABC affiliated with FOX ?

Bristol needs to wax her upper lip and put on some spanks!!!

Al

It's the same with her mom. a completely unprepared, sub-par participant who assumes the position of "us against the world" for people simply stating the obvious: YOU ARE SUB-PAR! WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THIS STAGE? and blaming the "haters!" Death-threats are crazy, but thats the world they live in--CRAZY!!!!