Death Threats Targeting Bristol Palin, Mark Ballas

11/22/2010 5:23 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas have received death threats and "Dancing with the Stars" has measurably heightened security ... sources connected with the show tell TMZ.

Bristol Palin Death Threats
We're told the threats began to come in last week, after Bristol and Mark made the finals.  Execs on the show told Mark to stop tweeting because it was inciting people.  Mark complied.

Sources connected with the show tell us extra security will be on hand tonight for the show.  And, if Bristol and Mark head to New York, execs are talking about breaking format and not doing their interview outside in Times Square -- but rather in the studio, where it's more secure.

TMZ broke the story ... a staffer on the show opened a "fan letter" to Bristol on Friday and white powder fell out.  Turns out it was talcum powder, but the FBI is investigating nonetheless.

As one source said, "Everyone is genuinely worried.  This is a dance competition, and it's just gotten crazy."

Harry Kuheim

I thought it was the Right that were violent woman haters...look in the mirror Libs... this is what you have become.

R.Martin

I don't know how to break it to you drama queen conservatives: Bristol had a couple of nuts threaten her. Nuts threaten anyone and everyone that is getting attention. Liberals did not get together and issue a death threat. How easily you slide into that comfortable Us vs. Them, which ironically, is a Palin-led delusion.

The Palin family does not know how to live unless they are fighting someone. Momma Palin cannot even sit through a normal interview because "everyone is out to get here." They ask her tough questions like, "what do you read" and that mean there is a liberal conspiracy against her. Bunch of whiny martyrs. They have their own personal WAHmbulance to pick them up from their paid events where people on Social Security ride their Free Medicare Scooters and hold up signs about Obama keeping government out of their Medicare. If you just read that and don't see the problem....you are PART OF THE PROBLEM!!

Bristol should never have been put on the show to begin with. It was a stupid decision. She was not even a "reality show celebrity" at that point. She was most famous for getting knocked up. She is a more acceptable version of OctoMom. Its embarrassing that this country is sliding down into destruction due to the GOP obstructionism and their spending over the last 30 years. They spent all the money, borrowed barrels full to give out as tax breaks for the ultra rich and now are returned to the House to do some more damage. This country is full of ignorant fools on both sides of the aisle. Really sad.

marie

I HOPE BRISTOL SCREWS ALL OF YOU TONIGHT. THOSE THAT YELL POLITICAL, DAMN RIGHT. TMZ'S POLITICAL, SO WHY NOT ME....
AND NO I'M NOT A REPUBLICAN, OR A I'M O.K. YOUR O.K. I'M JUST AN INDIVIDUAL WHO WATCHES DANCE SHOWS FOR ENTERTAINMENT, THAT DOESN'T HAVE BLOOD, GUTS, OR MURDER SPILLING OUT IN IT... HELL JENNIFERS A GREAT DANCER, ALRIGHT, BUT IT'S ALL ABOUT LEARNING SOMETHING AND TO ME SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO TRY TOO HARD. BRISTOL IS EVERYDAY YOUNG LADY, TO THOSE WHO CALL HER NAMES WELL I WONDER DO YOU EVER LOOK IN THE MIRROR, ARE YOU ALL THAT AND MORE, IF YOU WERE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE SO MUCH HATRED IN YOU. MAYBE THERES SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU... NOT HER...YEAH BRISTOLS NOT SMALL, BUT I BET YOUR NO PRIZE EITHER. GO BRISTOL AND KYLE!!!!!!!!!!!

msbeachbum

For all of you who think Bristol shouldn't be in the finals because this is a "dance contest," let me remind you that in a real dance contest, the dancers start the contest with very similar training, the judges are experts in the style of dance being judged, and everyone has very specific rules to follow. I'm not an expert in dance, and I've not been given any specific rules to follow when I vote. Jennifer Gray was the female lead in a movie about dance; Bristol was not. And I couldn't care less who her mother is. We're not required to vote for the "best dancer." We can vote for the most improved if we like. Is there anyone out there that needs further explanation? For all of you who can only spew the negative, leave her alone.

sissy

I am so tred of the liberal media and those alike. Making weight jokes, and death threats? You people are sickening. This young girl decided to have her baby, where I'm sure most of you woul have chosen to kill it, and you want to put her down and mock her costantly? You are the very reason this country is going down. That girl has not done ONE THING to any of you,and still you hate. Yes I watch Fox News, Yes I am a conservative and yes I am a Christian. I think Barak Obama is a digrace to this country and will go down as the WORST presidenti US history. While I wouldn't want Sarh Palin as our president (or any female for that matter) I DO NOT think her child deserves this type of treatment. You should all be ashamed of yourselves! But, since you are selfish, ego tripping,save the earth, kill a baby liberals; it probaly won't phase you one bit!

msbeachbum

If the best dancers are "supposed" to be in the finals, then it's only fair that they begin with the same training. Oh, yeah, that's right...then experts would have to do the voting. This is a show for its entertainment value people. Geeeeeeeeeeeeez!

x DWTS fan

stop saying there is a double standard.
Truth is she did not deserve to get nearly this far.
She is the weakest top three dancer ever. DWTS made a big mistake from the beginning by picking her. She is not a star the best title they could come up with is ''teen activist.'' And a lousy hypocrite she is, as a teen if someone tells me no sex before marriage and it's coming from someone who got knocked up and had a baby? I don't respect 'do as I say, not as I do.'
And she made comments about haters and people not liking her? Well a lot of Audrina and Brandy fans should hate you, they were both much better and Fox and Warner in my opinion were better. She over the course of the competition has been turning into c-unt like her brainless cheating mother. No respect from me or anyone now that she is playing politics this last show.
I hope the plane goes down with lot's of Palins in it. That family is very **** Cheney. Be afraid be very afraid. Death threats? Very overstated political game to obtain votes. Stop pretending it's the liberals, we don't care about the fat no talent pig. Really, I just wanted to see a good show this season and they flopped instead.

Pat

The problem with the shows where the public calls in and votes is that they don't limit the number of calls a single person can make. They need to cap it at 2 calls per phone number.

As far as who is the best dancer etc., it all comes down to the fan base these people have. It's the same on American Idol too. Remember Sanjaya? UGH! Bristol has placed at the bottom of the scoring every week but edges out someone else who has a poor fan base.

Kellie

This is so sad. People are so full of hate. And I'm honestly not either a Republican or a Liberal, but I do realize that most hate comes from the left. All they do is say, "She's a fat ass slut with no talent." Why the name calling? She is a teenage girl who made a mistake in her life, which I'm sure 100% of us have done before as well. This is not the America I once knew and loved, this is a country ac***ulating hateful people from all over, who teach the future generations more hate and intolerance. It's really upsetting. Someone wants to kill a girl who has done NOTHING in the world, because of her political affiliation? Seems crazy to me. But I wouldn't put it past anyone in today's times...It's bound to happen eventually. I think we need to get back to the good old days, but that'll never happen...not in a long shot with the way we're headed. All this evil in the world...a pity.

Joy

I've been watching DWTS since Season 1. Once upon a time it was a dance competition. The co-hosts reminded viewers to vote for the star they felt most improved - week after week. At some point, and I can't determine when, the show evolved into a "popularity" contest - co-hosts telling the viewers to vote for your "favorites". Dancing improvement/talent seemed to take a back seat. The producers hit gold this season - as they said "this is a reality show". If that's the case - what's the point of having professional dancers as judges? DWTS has lost a loyal viewer...

katrina

#15...Idiot. #14..that's the way.

R.Martin

@368: The fact that you can spew that crap and be such a hate-filled, mysognistic, pedantic idiot is an amazing talent. You must be related to the Palins. No one does it better. This is one female that would love to kick your whiney little ass. I would love to debate on all kinds of policy and you would run away crying like the little bitch you are on every topic. You don't know **** about the world around you and it shows. Bristol Palin is a grown ass woman that put herself into the public arena. Her mother is a terror upon this nation. She seeks to divide us and advocate violence upon those who won't follow her ideology. She is the female equivalent of Hitler. Give her time and some power and you will all be crying under her facist ways. She is a violent, disgusting phony and you can tell by her followers that propaganda is the ONLY way she can get a following. Enter FOX news. You are all a bunch of ignorant racists who love food stamps and Medicare while you bitch about it. Bunch of hypocrites.

MARA

Bristol is a stupid kid and does not deserve to win! She is so back by her mom and clan the thing is she said she should win and deserve to win!! HA Thats a joke.. pleaseeeeeee Jennifer and Derek should win and Kale and Lacey are much better as well!!

sy80

I cannot believe everyone gets their panties in bunch over a dance show. It is just a Dance show. If I were Bristol, I would go on other shows like this one, just to piss everyone off.

Penny

Lots of hysteria over a dance show; both the right and the left aare making assinine comments. As it is supposed to be a dancing show, this season has been a disappointment. The entire season has had some of the weakest dancers. Other than Brandi and Jennifer ALL of them have been mediocre.
As far as this being all about politics, do people recall when Tom DeLay was on this show? He was voted off midway and he didn't make a big deal out of it and neither did the fans.