Kat Von D's Cat Dies in House Fire

11/22/2010 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kat Von D suffered two devastating losses at the same time this weekend -- when a fire ripped through her home in the Hollywood Hills ... taking the life of her beloved cat Valentine in the process.

Kat Von D's Cat Dies
Sources tell TMZ the house fire call came in at 11:23 PM on Saturday night -- and six fire trucks and two ambulances responded. It's unclear if Kat was home at the time. We're told it took 30 minutes to extinguish the flames.

Kat tweeted the heartbreaking news about Valentine early this morning, saying, "my house burned down last night with my cat inside."

Kat later tweeted a picture of her charred home (above left) saying, "In order to gain everything, you must lose everything" -- followed by a pic of her cat (right) with the text "R.I.P. My little Valentine."

Calls to Kat's rep have not been returned.

Kim-Neisha the Great

Sorry for your losses...Keep your head up

bellamom

bubbles- you should have some compassion for people when they lose something close to them, not be an a$$ and a heartless jerk.

that being said i feel for kat and hope she can get through this ordeal. i know i would be crushed if i lost any of my 3 kitties.

Michelle

Aww that's sad she had Ludwig too who died this year or late last year as well:(

Michelle

I bet it was her mantle full of candles that caught her home on fire. Let's see if her insurance will cover her gross misuse and negligence of candles everywhere. Or will she blame a faulty toaster so she doesn't have to blame herself. Poor Valentine...

Bubbles The Chimp

4: Wow. I made it into two categories: Ass & Jerk. You made my day.

Bodie

Why do so many of you have nothing else to do in your life but to be hateful. GO away and crawl back under your rock! Or get a life of your own, hopefully positive.

james

jeez, is that a pic of the cat after the fire?

HMD

I guess women like their pus%*s shaved too sometimes...
but seriously... I'm an animal lover and I hope the cat didn't suffer.... Stay strong Kat

Kami

I am so sorry KAT, I know how much you love your animals, I also know how much you loved that home. :o( thoughts and prayers are with you and hope everyone else is safe. RIP Valentine

Truth

SOUNDS LIKE INSURANCE FRAUD. LIKE, WHO WOULD TWEET A PIC OF THEMSELVES AFTER THEIR PET DIES INSIDE OF A BURNT HOUSE THE NEXT DAY... INVESTIGATORS GET ON THIS SHIET.

Sin D

sad that it got burned even B4 the fire

cindy

Isn't that DR.Evil's cat?

Will

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the 47,000 candles she keeps lit in her house...

Kami

oh she didnt burn it herself geezz.. she loved that house, it was a beautiful castle. she doesnt need the "insurance money" and she sure wouldnt kill her own animal. you peopel are horrible. And it was probably someone who shot that photo from FAR WAY and made it seem like it was a close up.

Bryan