Kat Von D's Cat Dies in House Fire

11/22/2010 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kat Von D suffered two devastating losses at the same time this weekend -- when a fire ripped through her home in the Hollywood Hills ... taking the life of her beloved cat Valentine in the process.

Kat Von D's Cat Dies
Sources tell TMZ the house fire call came in at 11:23 PM on Saturday night -- and six fire trucks and two ambulances responded. It's unclear if Kat was home at the time. We're told it took 30 minutes to extinguish the flames.

Kat tweeted the heartbreaking news about Valentine early this morning, saying, "my house burned down last night with my cat inside."

Kat later tweeted a picture of her charred home (above left) saying, "In order to gain everything, you must lose everything" -- followed by a pic of her cat (right) with the text "R.I.P. My little Valentine."

Calls to Kat's rep have not been returned.

Annie

I am so sorry for your loss. Sphynx babies are truly a wonderful baby to have.

I do not watch any reality tele of any kind, its all fake. As Kat, I too have Sphynx babies, 3 boys. I can't imagine the heartbreak of loosing such an adorable little angel. For those who have never been loved by a nekkie, they are dog like in their personalities. Most Sphynx kitties are super friendly, love being around their people & follow their humans all over, unlike most cats who are more reserved & stand offish as my Persians & Ragdoll were. I have many friends who do not like cats but are quite fond of mine due to their personalities.

Hime

I'm sorry it died, but that thing is not a cat.

Athina

Valentine has a sweet looking face. I can tell she was a friendly, loving pet just by looking at her. Valentine was a Sphynx cat. They do have fur but it's very short, more like fuzz. They are known for their sweet, lovable personalities.

Jules

Dang - thats two cats. I'm sorry for her loss... losing pets is like losing family. =(

Anuschka

Karma is a bitch.

Poor cat - hopefully she died quick.

Dr. Goldfingers

That damn cat looked like it was already burnt to hell. Oh, well one less *****.

dawn

Can anyone say Karma?

Annie

Kat~I saw you at your book signing Saturday. You are beautiful and was a pleasure to meet. I love your show and I love your work. Someday I hope to get a tattoo done by you. I'm sorry to hear about your home and your beloved cat. Thoughts of you...

ibjujub

Darn!! There goes all that Nazi memorabilia!

Nome@home

Karma

candace

I'm sure sorry for your losses kat. R.I.P Valentin keep your head up high. your a stroug woman you well gite by you all ways do. love you kat

Libertad

Blah Blah Blah..

Sorry about the cat, but stop making ppl feel sorry for you. What a sad picture you posted of yourself in your burnt house. Im sure you have the Insurnace money to rebuild another one or the money you have from selling yourself out. Be original what the hell happened to you.
Word of advice stop trying to look morbid stop burning all those candles. Makes you look like a depressed idiot.

I agree with your opinion....by the way I was told by a friend that a Tatto is a poor man's art. Do you agree?

Mike in Montana

Kat.., your beautiful inside and out. You'll pull it together and built a new house or find one, thats old and just what you were looking for. You have a gift with your artistry and remodeling skills. As for your cat, I am truly sorry. I know, because I have a dog and a cat. A family pet, becomes part of the family. I will say a prayer tonight for you and your loving cat. Keep your chin up, which I know you will and move forward with your hopes and dreams. Mike in Montana

Tina Willett

That was a gorgeous house! So sorry for you loss Kat! And to you heartless bastards; first of all; it's a hairless cat you idiots; which she loves; second of all; stop bashing her! She is one of the most talented tattoo artists around! If I could afford her; I'd definitely get another from her!!

dennis

i am sorry she lost her house, but isn' that the same cat see lost over a month ago.as i recall on her show la ink,she said her cat had died.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments