Oksana vs. Mel -- Tensions and Stakes Are High

11/22/2010 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva and Mel Gibson are in the same courtroom right now as Mel fights to strip her of custody, but so far not a word has been spoken between them ... and the tension is obvious.

1122_oksana_mel_BN_TMZ_02
Mel has avoided making any eye contact with Oksana, often looking at the ceiling.

As TMZ first reported, Mel is taking a radical legal step -- asking Judge Scott Gordon to strip Oksana of custody, prohibit overnight visits with Lucia and only allow her supervised visitation.  And as we reported, Mel's lawyers want the new arrangement for the next 6 months, after which the judge can re-evaluate it.

Oksana has been in and out of the courtroom with her lawyers.  Several witnesses are in the hallway, including Oksana's mother, music producer Jimmy Hoyson, the nanny, and the private monitor Mel hired.

They've been in court since 9:00 AM and the hearing is supposed to last all day.

Keep refreshing for the latest updates ...

UPDATE 1:40 PM PT -- Oksana's mom is getting ready to take the stand, with the help of an interpreter.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

kinm

she is going in and out of the court room for attention.

she wants mel to pay attention to her I bet.

Posted at 11:16 AM on Nov 22, 2010 by azlee
--------------------------------------------------

that's about right - god this woman is so fake, she makes me puke

Bobby

Оксана

Я надеюсь, что судья Гордон использует наш 400-летней законов о вас

translates to:

Oksana

I hope, that judge Gordon uses ours 400-years laws on you

Kilmerfan

In the end will be two corpses burnt to char, and one little baby Lucia who is going to suffer the most.

Posted at 11:08 AM on Nov 22, 2010 by Oh no!

WTF does that mean?

Team Mel God bless Mel

Tellthetruth59

I don't blame him for not wanting to look at that Oxtroll mess. I'd rather look deep into a Porta Potty outside of a Mexican restaurant .... near a fat camp with an underground tunnel.

Jade evergreen

At poster 19 Oksana is deciding which see through top to wear

Stay strong Mel and pray for Lucia
go Mel and Lucia

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

OMG did any of you actually read that letter from her? my 10 yr old son can spell better than this POS

Posted at 11:16 AM on Nov 22, 2010 by Bobby

And let us not forget: she has been in English speaking countries most of her life. She's had plenty of money for clases etc. She simply didn't care to educate herself at ALL!

middleagedcrazy

Your honor, he is winking at me. Your honor, he is rolling his eyes at me. Your honor, he made a fist -- I swear!

Your honor, you do not belong here -- don't you understand I am ready for my closeup? Your honor, 400 years of history is wrong.

Your honor, I AM READY FOR MY CLOSEUP!

Larry, you have to help me.

-- Piano player to Judge.

Tee hee

angelika466

Tell,
You have such a lovely way with words. LOL

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Tell is the Queen of the Insult. :) She's great, eh?

fuddyduddy

Really quick because my boss is hanging around today -

Vigil lamps are still burning for you Mel. The Theotokos and St. Michael the Archangel are with you in that courtroom. And we all know what THAT means! :)

Posted at 11:12 AM on Nov 22, 2010 by Babushka
I love St. Michael--THE WARRIOR ANGEL!! Gabriel was the peaceful angel, but Michael kicked butt!!! LOL!

Bruno

She said "I can't talk to you guys" 17 times when asked questions outside the courthouse. What's the difference between them and Larry King? She spent an hour aswering questions to Larry King but today she can't talk to anyone?

Posted at 11:15 AM on Nov 22, 2010 by Jess
--------------------------------------------------

Perhaps LK paid for the interview and the pesky paps don't? More than likely though, one of her lawyers finally got it through that thick skull of hers to STFU. Playing with a judges orders is just asking for trouble.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Posted at 11:23 AM on Nov 22, 2010 by fuddyduddy

Travolta made a great angel.

S.D.W.

There's no way the judge will let Mel have Lucia all to himself after he admitted to slapping Oksana. That's abuse which he's admitted to. Then on top of that Oksana says he physically abused her on more than one occassion. Mel is an abuser. Lucia should remain in the care of her mother. Mel is throwing his weight around. Once a bully always a bully. This is his way of scaring Oksana. He doesn't want the baby full time nor will that happen.

Genna

Prob because she's playing dumb and is pretending that her lowers are explaining to her v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y what lies she needs to remember....

Posted at 11:13 AM on Nov 22, 2010 by HMD

----------------------------------

Lol. "And Oksana, for Pete's sake, do not say words like acquiesce."

angelika466

Tell is the Queen of the Insult. :) She's great, eh?

Posted at 11:23 AM on Nov 22, 2010 by Sam