Oksana's Former Lawyer -- Unmuzzled

11/23/2010 8:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva Lawyer

Eric George -- the lawyer who represented Oksana in her mediation with Mel -- is now unchained because Oksana has waived the attorney-client privilege ... TMZ has learned.  It's significant because sources tell us ... Oksana's lawyers have gone to great lengths to keep George quiet.

Here are just some of the issues Sheriff's investigators in the extortion investigation could ask George:

-- Why did Oksana say she secretly recorded Mel

And there are issues related to the domestic violence investigation as well:

-- Did Oksana ever show George a photo of her with a black eye (i.e., did Oksana Photoshop the picture that is circulating)
-- Did Oksana tell George who had copies of the tapes during the mediation, which could be a clue in determining who leaked the tapes.

Sources tell us Oksana's team is doing whatever it can to keep George quiet, but if Judge Gordon gives George the all clear to speak to authorities .... it could have a significant impact on the custody case and the investigations.

Mike

"The one man who can blow the lid off the Mel Gibson/Oksana Grigorieva case may now be unmuzzled ... TMZ has learned."

29 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

I am very suspicious of anything that comes from one of her lawyers. I understand that DH has made us imagine they are at odds, but really I would not trust anything at all fabricated by DH at this point.
I hope while you read this you giggle at how silly I must seem but the fact is Eric George was her lawyer and in my experience her lawyers aren't the most forthcoming of people.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Fud did you see Mikes answer to me? Seems reasoable.

Mike must be TMZ Mike. eh?

fuddyduddy

On second thought...I'm confused!

Why did OG waive attorney-client privilege on November 3, but OG's team is trying to keep Eric George quiet. I don't get it? Eric George was also subpoenaed by OG's team for the November 15, so what is this all about? I am really confused here. What happened--was OG's team initially willing to have Eric George testify, but now they have changed their mind? What in the world????

Posted at 3:31 PM on Nov 23, 2010 by fuddyduddy
______________

No you're not Confused, your Fuddyduddy silly! ;o)

It is quite odd isn't it. In the US can you limit waiving of attorney-client privilege , or is it an all or nothing thing? That is to say can one say "I will waive it for this piece of information, that bit of information but nothing else"?

Posted at 3:35 PM on Nov 23, 2010 by KikiOttawa
LOL! Sometimes I am an old fuddyduddy!!!

Hey--I like your name; especially the first part. KIKI--reminds me of Kiki Dee. I enjoyed her music.

This really has me stumped. It's almost like she wanted to look really good before the court, like she had nothing to hide by getting her former attorney to court, and now she has had a change of mind.

Mike

OH, Thanks Mike.

Are you Mike Mike, TMZ Mike?

Posted at 3:44 PM on Nov 23, 2010 by Sam

Sam like you I have a popular name here, I can post and read another "Mike" seconds later posting. Did you see tmz Mike say he didn't have a hundred dollars to bet on tmz live the other day. Oh boohoo Mike boohoo!

little aussie reader

Hiya kali :o)

fuddyduddy

Fud did you see Mikes answer to me? Seems reasoable.

Mike must be TMZ Mike. eh?

Posted at 3:48 PM on Nov 23, 2010 by Sam
Thanks, Sam. That does seem reasonable.

Might be TMZ Mike, or the psycho Mike, or the nice Mike! LOL! My gosh, how many Mikes have been on here? I know ONE of them promised me a dinner at Nobu after this was over!!! LOL!!!

kali

Hi little, how are you? :)

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Gee Mike, that answer was very much 'smoke screeny'....?

LISA

The World Against Oksana !

There's a pill for that.

big chief

-- How much was Oksana involved in the discussion about money during the mediation?
Every second. She has never held a job. Also, she ran out of cards.

-- Did Oksana try to leverage the tapes in order to secure the $15 million package?
Yes. But, the 15 mil was based primarily on Lucia's needs. So, according to her e-mail text to George, she decided to add the DV story to secure more money for herself. She was aiming for 200 mil according to Kowal's taped recordings.

-- Why did Oksana say she secretly recorded Mel?
Duh! She was proud of the edited tapes that she fabricated. Extortion.
Can't wait until additional tests are done. Just knowing that there are two separate tracks on the tapes, her voice recording layered over Mel's random phrases is just scratching the surface. There are more methods of analyzing them.

-- Did Oksana understand the custody arrangement before she signed the mediation agreement?
Yes. With lawyers and retired judges to help her out she signed her initials on each page.

-- Did anyone ever threaten Oksana with prosecution or deportation if she didn't sign?
Of course not. This isn't Russia.

And there are issues related to the domestic violence investigation as well:

No. She found the old picture in her scrapbook, before her last nose job was completed.

-- Did Oksana ever show George a photo of the baby with a bruise, or claim the baby had been injured during the January 6 argument?
Error! There was no bruise. It was a baby pimple.

-- Did Oksana ever tell George that Mel threatened to kill himself, her and the baby?
No. She devised the story and played it out.

Good question!

marymac

Is TMZ Mel Gibson's personal press agent now, running every story his defense feeds them? Why would TMZ dedicate their site to smear her? No wonder Mel’s defense doesn’t have to speak publicly – TMZ does it for them along with all the student bloggers Mel’s peeps have paid.

tmzreader

"Oksana submitted a signed declaration to Judge Scott Gordon on November 3, which reads in part, "I have waived attorney-client privilege repeatedly in this declaration."

Why? Was it part of her "testimony" and done with the thinking that it would help her? In other words, by making it look like she has nothing to hide? Or being convinced she had nothing to hide? Or is this like trying to play both ends to the middle?

angelika466

I'm glad there was a new story. I missed my cyber friends today. Watched about 6 inches of snow come down and than had to shovel.
Yuck.

Very interesting story I'll have to think about this one.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Fud,

Yep, lot sof Mikes. Thank goodness it's no tthat nasty one. ew! he's awful.

I'm not sure I knew the 'nic emIke' =--migt be this one? Don't know haven't seen tha tone.

THIS Mike, tho, sounded very lawyer-esque. MY bet is it is TMZ Mike, whom unlike lots, I do not hate. Sometimes he sounds really dumb (sorry Mike) but I see he is assigned the roll of Devil's Advocate. It's his part.

Majestik

Her statements in family court probably pin the whole thing on Eric George. She probably is telling the Judge it was all his idea.

Posted at 3:43 PM on Nov 23, 2010 by Mike

I'm totally inclined to agree with you. Like Fuddy, I'm freakin' confused. I can see her handing a written statement like this to a judge to be able to subpoena EG, but for what? I think you nailed it, she's about to testify this whole thing was EG's doing, somewhere in there I'm sure she'll tell everyone he was the one to put thoughts in her head. My next question is, who's the next lawyer to be thrown under the bus in the 42 plus she's had. If we weren't confused why she was going through so many lawyers can you just see this coming down the pike, subpoena this lawyer, subpoena that lawyer and blame the whole lot of them. Then again, if this IS the case, Daniel Horrowitz, Martin Garbus and Ronald Litz, if he hasn't quit yet are about to become the plague to the rest of the profession, no?