Oksana's Former Lawyer -- Unmuzzled

11/23/2010 8:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The one man who can blow the lid off the Mel Gibson/Oksana Grigorieva case may now be unmuzzled ... TMZ has learned.

Oksana Grigorieva Lawyer

Eric George -- the lawyer who represented Oksana in her mediation with Mel -- is now unchained because Oksana has waived the attorney-client privilege ... TMZ has learned.  It's significant because sources tell us ... Oksana's lawyers have gone to great lengths to keep George quiet.

Oksana submitted a signed declaration to Judge Scott Gordon on November 3, which reads in part, "I have waived attorney-client privilege repeatedly in this declaration."

Here are just some of the issues Sheriff's investigators in the extortion investigation could ask George:

-- How much was Oksana involved in the discussion about money during the mediation
-- Did Oksana try to leverage the tapes in order to secure the $15 million package
-- Why did Oksana say she secretly recorded Mel
-- Did Oksana understand the custody arrangement before she signed the mediation agreement
-- Did anyone ever threaten Oksana with prosecution or deportation if she didn't sign

And there are issues related to the domestic violence investigation as well:

-- Did Oksana ever show George a photo of her with a black eye (i.e., did Oksana Photoshop the picture that is circulating)
-- Did Oksana ever show George a photo of the baby with a bruise, or claim the baby had been injured during the January 6 argument
-- Did Oksana ever tell George that Mel threatened to kill himself, her and the baby
-- Did Oksana tell George who had copies of the tapes during the mediation, which could be a clue in determining who leaked the tapes.

Sources tell us Oksana's team is doing whatever it can to keep George quiet, but if Judge Gordon gives George the all clear to speak to authorities .... it could have a significant impact on the custody case and the investigations.

B

# 8. She needs tO hide her face FUGLY. You must be a bag head too.

little aussie reader

kali, we are in the below zero digits and falling fast with the sun setting. My husband is a roofer and actually WORKING on a roof today. He came home yesterday and hugged me and I nearly hit the ceiling. His hands were so frozen I felt them through a fleece lined hoody LOLOLOLOL.

Posted at 4:09 PM on Nov 23, 2010 by Majestik

Oh your poor hubby Majestik! We're polar opposites - our roofers start work around 6am and finish in the early afternoon because the sun beating down on them is merciless and most of the roofs are tin - so the reflect heat is a killer.

antbabs

I am very much confused also and wonder what this is really about. Back in August(?) the Sheriff's Dept. questioned George and he had plenty to say about what occcured at the mediation in that Ox was very much controlling in the negotiations. And then there was the letter exchange between Horowitz and George after George returned from his vacation. I have since forgotten other details that Harvey posted but may try to go look. Since the Sheriffs already questioned him, I don't know why she would have to sign a declaration re: client/attorney privilege. Maybe I am missing something here.

V

WHY does Judge Gordon have any say in this? Didn't Mr. George already send a letter to Mr. Horowitz informing him that Mr. Horowitz' actions actually released Mr. George? And isn't there also a lawsuit for representation between Oksana and Mr. George?

Will one of the legal eagles explain why Judge Gordon has so much influence regarding over the criminal investigations?

I continue to wonder WHY TMZ has not reported about the STANDING of Mr. Garbus after yesterday's court date.

Surely that ProHavVice can't STILL be in LIMBO - especially considering Mr. Garbus' participation in the Larry King Live interview?

COME ON TMZ - who is the darked haired attorney?

And WHAT's REALLY UP with Mr. Garbus?

yo

Team OJSkank

Team CharlieSkank

Team MelSkank

Rich male skanks can do whatever they want! YAY! We are paid to support Mel here.

Tammy

This chick just needs to admit she lied, apologize to Mel and the media for what she did and co-parent.

Tellthetruth59

I don't trust EG - never have. I think he's a sh.itbag and I think that little letter he fired off to Horoputz was theater. Maybe I'm wrong.

Dear Putz:

"I just got back from a month long European vacation. I didn't know all hell was breaking loose when I high-tailed it out of the country. Anyway, I just got back and logged into Radaronline, as is my custom, to find out you were badmouthing me. My office didn't have my number in Europe to give me a heads up. Anyway, the SD wants to talk to me. I'll keep putting them off as long as I can until I figure out how to get my azz out of the mess.

Say you're sorry.

Love,

Eric.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

yo/bippy/marymac/etc/OX.

Karls

The question is, Why did she waive this? In her pea brain it was to "act as if" she had nothing to hide, but will all her talking I think her team talked themselves out of this privilege..

It's safe to PUT A FORK IN HER as they say...

Posted at 3:25 PM on Nov 23, 2010 by therock

I'm assuming she waived it so she could talk about the mediation in the media? You know put him down because he didnt get her a big 200 mil payout. How he bashed her too??

fuddyduddy

I just thought of something. If OG's team subpoenaed EG does this mean he cannot, under any cir***stance talk to the press, family, friends or even the D.A. and Sherriff's office about ANYTHING? Does a subpoena mean you are a witness to a case so you cannot talk to anyone else or you can get a mistrial when it goes to court?

sorry, I'm dumb when it comes to legal proceedings.

Posted at 4:00 PM on Nov 23, 2010 by Majestik
Majestik...a subpeona just means that you have been summonded to court to provide testimony. You are not prevented from speaking with others about the case, unless you have been instructed by the judge not to speak of the case, or there is a gag order in place.

fuddyduddy

Kali...I'm trying to find your version, but I can't find it. Which post is it?

Tellthetruth59

Sam like you I have a popular name here, I can post and read another "Mike" seconds later posting. Did you see tmz Mike say he didn't have a hundred dollars to bet on tmz live the other day. Oh boohoo Mike boohoo!

Posted at 3:49 PM on Nov 23, 2010 by Mike
----------------------

Are you think Mike that called me a turd? If you are, thank you. I've gotten a lot of milage out of that one ;)

Majestik

Majestic, it was -30c when I woke up this morning ;) So looking forward to Vegas this weekend!

Posted at 4:11 PM on Nov 23, 2010 by kali

ROFLMAO...Honey, if you are in Canada you MUST be living in Winterpeg LOLOLOL

angelika466

I think Ox lied to Horrowitz and Garbus about what happened. They pushed to get the waiver and now it is going to back fire on them.

Mike