Ronni Chasen Left Millions of Dollars in Her Will

12/2/2010 5:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has just obtained a copy of murdered publicist  Ronni Chasen's will and other documents -- which estimate the value of her estate at $6.1 million ... and she intentionally stiffed one of her relatives.

Ronni Chasen Will

In the document, dated June 10, 1994, Ronni left her playbill collection and other memorabilia to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, provided when it's publicly exhibited she gets credit -- "from the collection of Ronni Chasen."

Chasen was charitable, leaving $20,000 to Hole in the Wall Gang Fund, Inc., $10,000 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation International, $5,000 to Women's Cancer Research Foundation, $5,000 to the American Film Institute, $2,500 to the Gilda Radner Cancer Program and $5,000 to the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

According to supporting documents, another will was prepared for Chasen in 2006, but it has not yet been located.  Lawrence Cohen, Chasen's brother who is applying to be the special administrator, says he believes the will may be in a safe deposit box.

1202_ronnie_cut-out2_WM

In the 1994 will, Chasen left 3/4 of her estate to her mother, but her mom since died.  Given her mom's death, her niece, Melissa Cohen, gets a huge chunk of money and the charities listed above get a substantial amount of money as well.

And small amounts of money go to Big Sister Volunteers of Los Angeles, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Apparently Chasen did not like one of her nieces much -- she gives $10 to Jill Gatsby, stating, "I have intentionally and with full knowledge of the consequences omitted to provide for my niece, Jill Cohen, also known as Jill Gatsby, except for the gift of $10."

JLS

I wouldn't have even left her $10. What a snot. She's obviously been a snot for decades.

When you act like a ****bag, there is no rewards in life.

karmabug

To all the people leaving nasty comments: WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE?! I never even heard of this woman until she was murdered. I am guessing that most of you guys had never heard of her either. I know almost nothing about her, and I know absolutely nothing about her nieces. Therefore, I will never make nasty assumptions and accusations about her or them. Where do you get off calling her cheap for leaving a considerable amount to charities??? Calling her a bitch for scorning her niece??

Yes, she could have left more money to the charities, but the fact is SHE DIDN'T HAVE TO LEAVE A DIME!!! A lot of rich people don't leave money to charities. And you guys are picking out the individual charity donations, which all together add up to quite a bit. And then there is the fact that another will probably exists, one created TEN YEARS from the published one. That is a lot of time, the amounts in the first will may have been substantially increased.

And the niece, what do we know about her? NOTHING! It is possible Ronni was just a bitch that played favorites and held grudges, and dozens of other scenarios are also possible. Maybe her niece actually deserves the slap in the face? Maybe she stole from her in the past? Maybe she's hooked on drugs? Maybe Ronni changed her mind in the latest will...

The point is, DON'T JUDGE A DEAD WOMAN WITHOUT ALL THE FACTS.
God people, get a life.

Sydney

Hello narcissism....let's see.....don't mention her age in the press release/obituary and have JOHN WILLIAMS write a score for her funeral service! Unless JOHN WILLIAMS was her personal friend why would he deign to write a piece of music for her? Not too conceited is she.

Perky

$6.4 million value is a nice size, but is it current value, or 1994 value, when she drew up the will ?
Anyway, I would've thought her net worth would be more than $6.4 million.
If her niece paid for her killing thinking she'd be in the will and gets lots of money, the look on her face when she's gets a $10 bill would be PRICELESS !!!

en Todo Momento!!

soo funny, but sorry, that is just not right!! :D ten dollars! how evil!

Sydney

Does anyone know why she changed her name from Veronica Cohen to Ronni Sue Chasen and when? Many Jewish people in Hollywood changed their last names to avoid anti-semitism so I wonder if this is why she did it.

*********Hollywood's full of Jews so who cares/worries about anti-semitism these days...but YES the name RONNIE "sounds less Jewish". I'd be willing to say she changed it for those very reasons as she's from the era where people still worried about such things.
BTW, I still maintain there's a Scientology aspect to her murder....wait and see!

Slutty Whores Rock

Easy to see why she was so hated - petty, bitter, vain and egomaniacal. What a horrible person, not surprising this old hag died in pain.
Self-made? Yeah right. She never worked a day in her life.
Too bad the guy who capped her is dead, I'd buy him a drink.
Burn in hell, yenta.

ItsNotWhatuThink

I guess it's pretty easy to tell how far a person got emotionally in their lifetime by the contents of their will.

fastdriver

Hey TMZ- this will you have published here says she wanted to be buried in Pleasantville, NY, BUT Wikipedia says that Chasen was buried at Hillside Memorial Park Cemetery in Culver City, California.

Doesn't the will take preference? If you don't abide by the deceased's request then what good is making all these provisions like she did in her 51 page will?

Joe

Did she make that money as a publicist? $10,000 to a charity is a slap in the face. I don't feel so bad that she was shot now.

Maria not Nicky

It was a professional hit.
No one will ever suspect relatives because it was too clean.
They just wanted the inheritance sooner than later.
Whether it be insurance or a will her relatives made arrangements.

my opinion

Ronnie loved her mother she made sure if she died before her mother she was well taken care of...very nice.

RIP Ronnie

fifi

What morons. She didn't need to leave anything to anyone. As far as charity, it was a 14 year old will - who knows what her finances were then. And she was providing the bulk of her estate to her mother, a no-brainer. And you have no idea what the niece may have done to her - it's not like it's her daughter! I've never had an aunt or uncle leave anything to me nor would I expect it!

Country Lady

I wonder if she is going to cash that 10 dollar check.

Angel

She could of gave her niece at least $1,000. It's just pocket change for her. Why do women hold grudges forever? I'm a women, and I HATE the fact that women can't forgive. Guys are so much smarter, they can fight, punch each other in the face and shake hands 5 minutes later and still be friends. Grow up girls.