Sarah Palin Blasted for Halibut 'Snuff Film'

11/23/2010 6:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sarah Palin thought it was "weird" when she held the beating heart of a halibut in the palm of her hand on her reality show this weekend -- now an animal rights group is calling the episode a "snuff film."

Sarah Palin

Sarah and Bristol were featured on a halibut fishing excursion on the reality show "Sarah Palin's Alaska" -- the show even featured a scene in which Sarah and Bristol clubbed the fish to death ... a standard practice among  fisherman.

But a group called "In Defense of Animals" is lashing out at the reality fam -- saying, "Sarah Palin’s complete lack of compassion as demonstrated in this snuff video is disgusting."

The group adds, "Most disturbing is the way she seems to enjoy causing suffering to other beings. When they laugh about the beating heart that Bristol holds in her hand, their complete insensitivity to the animal kingdom becomes clear."

FYI ... a rep for the Alaska Charter Association -- a group in defense of recreational halibut fishing -- tells us the clubbing technique is actually "humane" because it's used to "minimize the suffering of the fish."

Logical

Why do the Palins have to laugh while killing the fish? That's just dumb.

Julie

I saw this episode and I was thinking the same thing while I was watching. She acted immature and heartless.

Eric

"If you think it was OK for her to beat the fish to death ... why not volunteer to have someone do the same to you. After all what makes you so special"

Unless you're a vegan STFU. Your ignorance on how meat gets to the table is astounding.

Fredo

Guess what, I've caught fish, clubbed them to death and laughed in the process as well. And if you have a problem with it, you can blow me. It's normal.

Baylie

This hatred for Sarah AND her kids is ridiculous! There would not be a problem with it nor the publicity if it was not Sarah Palin. What about all the other fishing AND hunting shows that's on tv? I guess they're ok??

Slutty Whores Rock

Dear Jesus:
I pray that Sarah's boat tips over and all the little fishies eat her eyes and ears.
I pray she swims to shore where she is met by a giant polar bear who tears her guts out inch by inch.
I pray that Sarah Palin dies an agonizing death over 48 hours and all the animals gather to hear her screams.
That, or she gets ass cancer.
I ask this in the name of the Father.
Amen.

Carl

I'm not too worked up over killing fish that way, but I do believe she has no real respect for animal life. Plus what would you expect from the woman that thought hunting from a helicopter is an acceptable practice and made a law allowing it?

Fredo

Hard to believe how stupid americans really are. And I'm not talking about Sarah Palin, I'm talking about the fools on here who don't know the first thing about fishing, that just love to run their traps against anything the Palin's do.

Gee, how's about getting a life folks?!

ohplease

How many of you are eating hamburgers or chicken salad while writing your criticisms? Just sayin ...

karlew

Lisa #30

I don't think many people who are appalled by fish whacking are gonna want to come to Canada. We club seals here, remember. Plus I believe Palin was out on a commercial fishing boat, you know the thing that catches the stuff people eat. In places like Alaska and where I live sport hunting is a way of life, sbsolutely generational. Yes we can buy our meat at the grocery store but many chose to hunt and almost 100% consume their take. And no I don't hunt, but I don't have any right to brow beat my neighbours for their past time.

Grizelda

Trig was born retarded, its not his fault, and to ridicule him is just plain nasty, ignorant and trashy. Sarah and the others are retarded by choices and lifestyle, and they deserve all the ridicule and disgust they are getting from the rest of the sane world. They scare me too!

SayWhat

Get over yourselves. People are only bitching because it involves the Palins. if you dont like it, dont watch and dont be a hypocrite and sit down to your steak and fish dinners.

Whodis

Beating a live animal to death.
For sport. For fun.
No excuse. Not humane.

CDNGirl

Karlew #41

Here here!

CDNGirl

bahahahaha, Lisa

"while many will head for Canada"

we kill fish up here too... A LOT more than the backwards rednecks above us in Alaska!

Sport hunting and sport fishing are two completely different things, sport fishermen actually eat their catch, or give it away to friends and family, who's going to say no to some fresh Salmon or Halibut? Also, Sportfishing brings in millions of dollars to communities all along the west coast every year, as a pose to commercial fishing which brings in fish... to be sold to dummies who think they weren't bashed over the head too