'Ugly Betty' Actor in

Custody in Samurai Sword Killing

11/23/2010 6:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

An actor who appeared on "Ugly Betty" was taken into custody in Brooklyn this morning for allegedly killing his mother with a 3-foot long samurai sword while screaming biblical passages.

Michael Brea Ugly Betty
According to the police, the suspect -- Michael Brea -- sliced his mother's head off during the attack.

When cops arrived to the scene around 2:20 AM, officers say Brea was clutching the bible. Cops ultimately had to use a taser to subdue the actor. Brea was taken to a nearby hospital for a psychiatric evaluation with a police escort.

Police claim the scene was "extremely bloody."

A neighbor told WPIX 11, "I hear the brother chasing her [his mother] through the house and he's just saying a bunch of [Bible] passages like, 'Repent, Repent, Repent.'"

The neighbor continued, "I heard him chasing her through the house and I hear a loud scream and so I have my father call the cops, call 911."

Brea has not been formally arrested or charged yet. We're told he'll will be turned over to the NYPD once his psychiatric evaluation is complete.

UPDATE: Brea has been charged with 2nd degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon.

1123_michael_brea_footer_v2

Sad sad

"What a moron, sure he will claim reason of insanity and get away with it.-Dumba$$es "

Well what do you think he was actually sane? I highly doubt he'll get away from it. \

but I just notice "Brea has not been formally arrested or charged yet." Please tell me he's in custody at least. yikes

becky

What is his religion? I'm guessing mom did something that is totally against their beliefs and she has paid the price. Their beliefs are so different and strange to America and as we call it "mental" they call it "normal".

dotty

i just checked imdb and don't see his name, at least on the us version

jessemosslover

Im guessing he's a muslim. Only in their religion do they do vicious stuff like that to women.

Sad sad

Oh, nevermind I see he's in the mental hospital. If it wasn't pcp that's just whoa.

Y do he got

SWORDS&MENTAL WARDS are all the same...to bad she didn`t up the antee with a 357 mag..that dude needs to be cleaned before he hurts anyone else.

George210

He will be popular in prison!!

papprorattist

loseing your head is just that loseing your head he lost his she lost hers.I think he should get the same treatment to SAVE his faith.

sexyyeyes

Well its the holiday season..happy thanksgiving!

big al

with eyebrows like those is anyone surprised?

Oh no!

Hey TMZ,

Thanks for the "heads up" on this one.

kickaboo

my sympathies to the woman and this guy's family members, the hell they must be going through...all the strength and courage to them.

Convoy-Prime

Dam.... two thinks come to mind. Possessed by the sword or something else cause this is just sad..

gerry

That's what happens if you wear your underwear too tight.

west86