'Ugly Betty' Actor in

Custody in Samurai Sword Killing

11/23/2010 6:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

An actor who appeared on "Ugly Betty" was taken into custody in Brooklyn this morning for allegedly killing his mother with a 3-foot long samurai sword while screaming biblical passages.

Michael Brea Ugly Betty
According to the police, the suspect -- Michael Brea -- sliced his mother's head off during the attack.

When cops arrived to the scene around 2:20 AM, officers say Brea was clutching the bible. Cops ultimately had to use a taser to subdue the actor. Brea was taken to a nearby hospital for a psychiatric evaluation with a police escort.

Police claim the scene was "extremely bloody."

A neighbor told WPIX 11, "I hear the brother chasing her [his mother] through the house and he's just saying a bunch of [Bible] passages like, 'Repent, Repent, Repent.'"

The neighbor continued, "I heard him chasing her through the house and I hear a loud scream and so I have my father call the cops, call 911."

Brea has not been formally arrested or charged yet. We're told he'll will be turned over to the NYPD once his psychiatric evaluation is complete.

UPDATE: Brea has been charged with 2nd degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon.

1123_michael_brea_footer_v2

kickaboo

A Brooklyn man is in custody and undergoing a psychiatric evaluation after police say he stabbed his mother to death with a samurai sword. The stabbing happened early this morning in a building on Park Place in Prospect Heights. Neighbors say they heard screaming inside the apartment and could later hear Michael Brea, 31, reciting what they believe were Bible passages. When police entered the apartment, they found Yannick Brea, 55, dead with multiple stab wounds. Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said Michael Brea was holding a Bible. The suspect, an aspiring actor, is undergoing an evaluation at Kings County hospital. Neighbors were stunned by the incident. "I would say he was a down-to-earth, cool. hard working person.... I couldn't see this coming at all," said one neighbor. "I heard a shriek, someone yelling, and after that probably like a 'Help me.' And probably about five minutes after that the sound went away," said another. Witnesses say police took about 45 minutes after they arrived to enter the Breas' apartment, even though the landlord gave the authorities permission to enter. The New York City Police Department said it could not confirm how long it took for police to enter the crime scene.

Hey TMZ, what is the truth?

Logical

Religion Kills.

Yidmash

SWORD dudes are allways nuts but a four foot bit of water pipe and she could have mashed his worthless head in.But she should have been packing a hand gun..she had to know he was nuts.Anyone who has a SWORD will use it..in a matter of time and it is not a defence weapon..it is a nuts weapon all clean shine and nice..lead is dirty and isn`t in the bible.

Y do he got

in some countrys sorry to say this would`nt be a crime..it would be a act of faith by a man over a woman.IF he lived over there he would get more ladys to play with for doing this.GOOD thing he isn`t over there now he will have to die or do the time and thinking about what he did will show him his faith was BS in the first place.

noneofyourbusiness

This is so sad. You never know when people are at the end of their ropes.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

maybe she should have repented and had dinner ready on time..the man gets cranky when dinner isnt on time

JLS

Slaughtered by your own son. It doesn't get more tragic than that. It's very clear he's not in his right mind.

I feel sorry for her. When she birthed and raised this man I bet she never imagined him causing her death in this way.

Just so SAD. Beyond tragic here.

Yidmash

Yea when a person of color kills someone TMZ is all over it..but when a jewish studio PR female agent gets murdered at FOX thier owners MUM is the WORD duble standard once again.1st a PR agent at FOX a studio head type gets five in the chest and she is jewish and NO ONE SAYS A WORD as in GAG ORDER as in forever as in FIVE the the chest by whom? FOX? something is way dirty at FOX!^^^.!

sempire

He thought those eyebrows were in his genes..

nusox n draws

nothing funny just scary

papprorattist

my MUM never stopped me from running my weed whip in the house and even when I got harry knuckles and went blind she still didn`t stop me now at 67 year years old I see why.

REALbarbwire7

I thnk he played Bettie's boyfriend for a short time. Or love interest. This is horrifying. There had to be drugs involved. There is no other reason. He couldn't have known where he was, or who she was, or what he was doing. OMG. I'm shocked to hear something so horrible.

Amoney7

What the **** is up with all the Muslim comments? Maybe you dip****s should do some ****ING research about Islam instead of sitting on your fat asses. Extremists terrorize and use violence in the name of Islam but if you read the Quran, the English translation, you'll realize that there isn't a line in there that condones that **** and the ONLY thing it condones is PEACE. There's extremists in every religion. So stop ****ing judging, ****ing stupid and ignorant pieces of ****.

Star Whacker

YIKES!!! It looks like the Hollywood Star Wackers are really ramping things up. I bet Randy and Evi are really scared now!

ExSmutStud

Gay psycho killer! Any relation to Jamie Gumm from Silence Of The Lambs or John Wayne Gacy? Could this be the source of homophobia?