'Ugly Betty' Actor in

Custody in Samurai Sword Killing

11/23/2010 6:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

An actor who appeared on "Ugly Betty" was taken into custody in Brooklyn this morning for allegedly killing his mother with a 3-foot long samurai sword while screaming biblical passages.

Michael Brea Ugly Betty
According to the police, the suspect -- Michael Brea -- sliced his mother's head off during the attack.

When cops arrived to the scene around 2:20 AM, officers say Brea was clutching the bible. Cops ultimately had to use a taser to subdue the actor. Brea was taken to a nearby hospital for a psychiatric evaluation with a police escort.

Police claim the scene was "extremely bloody."

A neighbor told WPIX 11, "I hear the brother chasing her [his mother] through the house and he's just saying a bunch of [Bible] passages like, 'Repent, Repent, Repent.'"

The neighbor continued, "I heard him chasing her through the house and I hear a loud scream and so I have my father call the cops, call 911."

Brea has not been formally arrested or charged yet. We're told he'll will be turned over to the NYPD once his psychiatric evaluation is complete.

UPDATE: Brea has been charged with 2nd degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon.

1123_michael_brea_footer_v2

Black

Wow - just WOW! this is so disturbing.

he DOES look crazy in the lead pic, but he's very attractive in the other photos. sad...

Christopher

He found out she wasn't going to make the stuffing from scratch on Thursday.

B Dubz

Baraka Waka Flame...where dey do dat at??

Mr. Sax

Why is he not in any of the credits, or even in the or in the IMDb data base. Just to sell a story? You are no longer credible.

Dana

So...he will be turned over to the NYPD after his psychiatric eval. is complete? That should take about 6 months because that is one sick dude. I'm scared thinking their are people that crazy and dangerous walking around out there. I think I'm gonna become an agoraphobe.

m

This happened 4 buildings down from my apartment. I could hear helicopters very early this morning. So, so sad.

Mr. Sax

Can't beleive you didn't check this guy out before writing the headline. He has a video on youtube about him flying, and that is all for this creep.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

He found out she wasn't going to make the stuffing from scratch on Thursday.

Posted at 1:12 PM on Nov 23, 2010 by Christopher
now thats funny

MIDNIGHT TOKER

My answer: I'm pretty much in love with just one woman... about every week... at the very least:)Holaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I'm in love all the time, baby.

Posted at 1:27 PM on Nov 23, 2010 by GDslayer
you write too much...and say nothing..

Whodis

Blood lust maniacal.
Not the murderer, the ones making jokes here.
Not for because they are deflecting anxiety, but because they want to shock and offend.
To get reaction, attention, to get your goat.
Don't give it.
Norman Bates, this boy.
Mother complex. Pedestal. Psychotic break.
Drugs. Maybe. Inner and ongoing conflict is bigger.

snowy

"Maybe she informed him she was going to vote for Bristol on DWS?"

ahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha

justsaying23

WOW! White Women would be more safer if they lived in Haiti or the Sudan than they are being around White Men. And now their sons are killing them. Every day there's a White woman missing or Killed or a white child raped and murdered. What's up with you white men? It's no wonder 8 out of every 10 white women or either lesbian or bi-sexual. They're trying to survive. You white men really need a hobby.

Posted at 10:38 AM on Nov 23, 2010 by justsaying

Idiot...sit down please! I would refute all your "statistics" but I don't have the time for your idiot a$$.

And for all you people saying he's muslim because you think a "chirstian" couldn't do something like this...read again...he was found with a BIBLE, not the Quran. SMDH. And best believe that it's not just muslim's that kill in the name of religion...Christian have been doing it forever! Hello...Jesus??? Dumba$$es.

ciimonstr

#12x? Totally Understandable. section 305.21` deverous rex: If it stands that none shall pass prove them into the world of their intending is.sue divorce separate living from earth.

sometimes you gotta do.. gods dirty work

Valstann

what a creepy face.
to go along with his horrible crimes.
he must be related to Ox

Mr. Sax

He will say........."I don't know what happned. One minute we were talking, then she just lost her head". R.I.P This loser is SICK.