'Deadliest Catch' Sons to Honor Dad on Thanksgiving

11/25/2010 9:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Deadliest Catch" stars Jake and Josh Harris have made plans to return home to Washington this Thanksgiving ... where they will honor their father, Captain Phil, during an intimate gathering of friends and family ... TMZ has learned.

1124_phil_harris_and_sons_getty_ex

The "Deadliest Catch" stars wrapped up Alaskan King Crab season aboard the Cornelia Marie earlier than expected -- so the boys quickly organized a trip home to meet up with their grandfather.

We're told the family will celebrate the holiday at a family friend's home ... where they plan on honoring Phil with a night of story-telling and toasts in his honor.

Cheers to that.

kickaboo

Captain Phil would have loved it. Talking about the good times and the bad...are the way to heal. Happy Thanksgiving to the Harris family and Deadliest Catch families. RIP, Cap't Phil, you are missed.

C

That Cap'n Phil was one tough son of a B. He lived a life that was destined not to last a long long time, but he gave 1,000% in the time he was here. Poor kids having to lose their Dad so early. We miss Phil.

Miss Bu

RIP Captain Phil!!!!!

me

Very nice. To think how many more people that cared about their dad, from being on the show. Sometimes our destiny is the way it is meant to be.

BEAUTIFUL SKIN

Great post!
Captain Phil was the life of the show

Anti Aging skintone correction
www.Dermesthetix.com

stacy

cheers captain phil. never forgotten, always remembered.

chicagannie

Happy Thanksgiving to the Harris family. This will be a bittersweet holiday without Phil but hopefully there are still many blessings for them to celebrate! Miss you, Capt. Phil !

lola

RIP Capt. Phil

Happy Tahnksgiving boys.....toast the Captain for us.

Storm

Lost my dad last year. All I can say it does get easier,,, but not much. Enjoy your holiday. Blessed be.

Crabboat owner

Of course they are done early. They quit the boat. Told the captain they are there to make TV not catch crab and they have made enough good TV. Phil was a great man. To bad his sons are a bunch of losers. Maybe they can be on a new show with Dr Drew new year.

Heidi

A very steller thing to do...

anna o

happy thanksgiving to the best crabber at sea phil harris and rip we miss u dearley.and happy thanksgiving to josh jake and the crew members love u guys.

Dave

We need to name a drink in his honour, any suggestions?

A glass shall be raised from boat to shore to toast that Phil Harrris a top Crabber to be sure.

God Bless you and the family.

D x

Sean Ware

Cuddos Dudes!!!!
Your Dad was a very special person. You probably have heard this kinda stuff a bunch, but anyone who watched the show feels like we know you guys. I recently lost my best friend...heart attack out of the blue...Anyway you guys are AWSOME!!! Keep your Dad's legacy alive & KEEP FISHING!!!!

Freda B

Keep your Dad in your heart boys. I lost my Mom, my Dad and my husband. Holidays are not easy. But memories are never lost. Keep those close to your heart. Make your Dad proud. Josh please remember how your Dad loved you and stay clean. Remember he is watching you. Jake I know your the stronger one, but times are hard for you to, I know. Your Dad was my favorite captain. I never missed a show. He is missed. Just remember there are people out who love you guys and pray for you.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments