Willie Nelson

Busted for Pot

11/26/2010 5:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Music legend Willie Nelson was arrested this morning for allegedly possessing six ounces of marijuana.

1126_willie_nelson_GETTY_BN
Nelson was busted at 9:00 AM at a Border Patrol checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, TX. Nelson was in his tour bus, traveling from California to Austin, when he was detained.

He was booked into the Hudspeth County Jail on a $2,500 bond and posted shortly thereafter.

See also

niles

These checkpoints are an outrageous invasion of privacy. Many of them aren't even on the border but miles away.

Jamaican sam

Willie Nelson without pot is like Bing Crosby without orange juice.

CC

What would have been 'arrest worthy' was if Willie didn't have any pot on his bus.

Zippy T. Pinhead

The government needs to chill. They recently busted me also for a small amount of weed (8 pounds) for personel use. But I do admit they found herion and crack also but that wasn't mine. And the guns were for personel protection (How could I have known they were stolen). And it seems some peter head reported the car I was driving as stolen. But besides that, me and the girl tied up in the trunk of the car were minding our own business.

Babs

BFD....

Sam

This is what is wrong with this country. We've criminalized EVERYTHING. Who was Willie hurting? DROP IT UNCLE SAM! Legalize it. Most of the country does it or has tried it.

Moonbeam

While I do not use weed myself for religious reasons, I still have to say that I wish law enforcement would focus more on illegal aliens carrying lethal concealed weapons (who are statistically the cause of most of the homicides in the southwestern U.S.) instead of busting legal citzens for 6 oz. of weed (especially someone like Mr. Nelson who is publicly recognized as a good citizen who has does much to help small farmers save their property). I wonder how many guns or other weapons got through that checkpoint in other vehicles while Willie Nelson's vehicle was being searched.

Sad sad

lol You know TX knew they could get some $ out of him is all.

Moonbeam

@ #35: Andrew Hedgman: People were not coming down hard on Lilo or Paris because of 6 oz. of weed: with both of them it was driving under the influence of alcohol, then violating probation (more than once). With Paris latest bust, it was cocaine, not weed, and the vehicle her boyfriend was driving had so much smoke from the weed the officer in the vehicle beside it could smell it. Willie Nelson was not driving the bus and endangering anyone else. Big difference. (BTW: one of Lilo's busts included a high-speed car chase in a vehicle she had commandeered, while under the influence, and with cocaine in one of her pats pockets). Big difference between the Willie Nelson bust and Lilo's and Paris' arrests. Further, neither of them has given back as much to the community as Willie has, as far as I know. I mean did either of them organize a nationally televised fund raiser to raise money for farmers losing their properties, as Willie did? Maybe you're too young to remember Farm Aid.

ron

All those federalis say they could have had him any day......................outta kindness I suppose.

Maheanuu

Being close to the age of Willie, and having smoked probably just about as long, I find it amusing that after all these years the Texass Border Patrol finally managed to grow a pair big enough to arrest Someone that will probably use their guts as garters before this is over... Prop 19 in CA was a good starting act for this concert and here comes the Main Attraction Mr. Willie Nelson. I think that he is going to do a double set and the outcome is NOT going to be in favor of the Texas Gubmint....

Go Willie, I am gonna torch up my bong with a triple load just for you tonight..... Humans have been using pot for 6,000+ years, our brains are wired for it just like cats are for catnip.... If you don't believe that, look it up... It might just suprise you..... Something else you should read is Marijuana The First 12000 Years......

Just this old Chief's 2 cents

abby

Oh Good Grief. This man is 77 years old. Why the hassle?

carly

You have got to be kidding me!!!! I like Willie! And and this is total BS!!!! CUZ I'M SURE HE WAS GOING AROUND.. SELLING IT AROUND THE COUNTRY! Give me a break! That's like arresting Snoop Dogg.. or me! Cuz as far as I know... we are the people that make this place a better world.

Kat Burton

Things must be slow at the border.............

**** that **** man i been through it and its bull**** to be detained for something thats gonna be fully legal when all this ignorant old ass alcoholics die offf. i smuggle pounds weekly **** the government.