Willie Nelson

Busted for Pot

11/26/2010 5:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Music legend Willie Nelson was arrested this morning for allegedly possessing six ounces of marijuana.

1126_willie_nelson_GETTY_BN
Nelson was busted at 9:00 AM at a Border Patrol checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, TX. Nelson was in his tour bus, traveling from California to Austin, when he was detained.

He was booked into the Hudspeth County Jail on a $2,500 bond and posted shortly thereafter.

See also

TD

This moron has been in trouble with the law for decades. He's gotten more than his fair share of his 3 strikes. It's about time he gets tossed away and actually receive proper punishment for once again committing crimes!

B

...duh.

mike Szy

the feds need to leave poor old willie alone. Really don't they have anything better to do ? What a bunch of morons. they must be suffering from cranial- rectal inversion.

bagladey

The U.S. sure knows how to spend taxpayers money.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

willy is an idiot and deserves what he gets,,anyone with half a brain knows you dont travel with 6 oz of pot..always keep it below an oz ..the old bastard im sure will get off but he should go right to jail for being stupid...its things like this that will keep pot from being decriminalized,,thats willy you old bastard.....

multitasker

Obviously weed hasn't turned Willie into a vegetable or given him cancer after all these years. He should be in a research study about social smoking and its effect on people's lives. Willie can still play the guitar and remember all those lyrics & helps farmers all across the country through Farm Aid- We Love You Willie!!

Xavier Banks

Wow...
Really? So this is what I'm paying taxes for? Wtf is going on with this country. Realistically speaking, they knew that he would post bail so they went for the booking.

Alan

Give me a break. They pulled him in for a few ounces of pot. Guess they have nothing else to do. Leave the guy alone and find the real bad critters.

Papoose

Seriously! While this "agent" was looking thru a huge tour bus of a known pothead... 500 mexicans passed thru, 5000 kilos of crystal meth came thru, 50000 kilos of cocaine snuck by and unknown amount of pregnant mexican women so they could have the babies here & collect the welfare! Seriously I'm pissed that all my tax dollars were wasted on a bust of a man who IS WORKING TO PAY TAXES HERE!

jerry

i'm like other people said, willie will not stop because of this little glich in his life. but 6 ounces is a lot to be hauling around. he'll be ok

His Prince Michael

I do not advocate the use of Cannibus Sativa, however, if
an adult exercising their free-will chooses to use any NATURAL
herb, that is a strictly individual matter.

This action by members of the Department of "Homeland Security",
is merely a microcosm of the ever-increasing "authority" by
a Godless, oppressive, and Fascist "government".

Three words, for ALL Fed-Weasels: Yahweh, is GREATER!

Redheaded Stranger

WELL HERE WE GO AGAIN, THE BUTT CRACK BOARDER CONTROL DUDE HAD NOTHING ELSE BETTER TO DO THAT DAY, THEN HE SAW OLE WILLIE COMING DOWN THE TRAIL AND DECIDED TO TAKE A PEEK INSIDE HIS BUS TO GIVE HIM SELF A NAME, SO HE CAN SAY HE BUSTED WILLIE, IT HAPPEN'S ALL THE TIME,I'M FOR WILLIE A 100%, WILLIE WILL BE O.K. WITH ALL WILLIE DOES FOR THE PEOPLE YOU WOULD THINK THAT THEY WOULD LEAVE HIM ALONE, BUT NO, THEY WILL CONTINUE PICKING ON HIM AND TRY TO BE THE ONE TO BUST HIM, BUT HE IS A SURVIVOR! YOU GO WILLIE IT'S ANOTHER SONG FOR YOU TO WRITE !!! BOARDER PATROL'S FLYING TO CLOSE TO THE GROUND, LOL ! BOARDER PATROL ON THE ROAD AGAIN, I LOVE YOU WILLIE, LET'S ALL JOIN TOGETHER WITH ONE BIG PRAYER FOR WILLIE !!! THE REDHEADED STRANGER ,,,,

hammerhand

I'm confused. I have heard various arguments supporting the continued criminalization of marijuana. I have heard assertions that it makes you lazy, that it inevetibally erodes the productivity of a citizen. Of course, there has never been any proof of this, it is just something that is assumed to be true and has been since the beginning of marijuana's persecution.

Yet now we have Willie Nelson, a very successful and respected citizen of the United States, a man who has been praised by the powerful and the meek alike for his exemplary work to bolster the American farmer. We have this great example of the American spirit, thrown in jail for possessing a substance that damns him, by all accounts, because it makes him lazy.

Now I come to the same question I have been asking for years and to which I have never heard a valid answer, and the question law-makers in this country need to ask themselves: Why is marijuana illegal?

Richard Blaine

Leave Willie the hell alone already. Let him smoke his weed and play his music. He's done more for the people of this planet than a roomful of border agents or DEA fools.

I appreciate the way he took responsibility for the stash. According to AP, "Sheriff Arvin West... told the El Paso Times that Nelson claimed the marijuana was his." Now that is protecting your people and being a stand-up guy.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

THOSE OVERZEALOUS DUMB*SS TEXAS COPS BUSTED ME FOR A HALF AND I TOOK MY TIME PULLING OVER AND LAUNCHED IT OUT THE WINDOW ONTO THE HIGHWAY..LMFAO

THE PIG WAS SOOO P*SSED HE ARRESTED ME AND WHILE ON THE WAY TO JAIL FOR A "CLASS -C LITTERING" CHARGE, HE INSISTED OVER AND OVER I TELL HIM WHAT I THREW OUT THE WINDOW, HE THREATENED TO GO BACK TO THE HIGHWAY AT NIGHT AND FIND IT!! LOL SO, I SAID, MATTER OF FACT:

"Officer, my story is not changing, the truth is it was a Banana peel I threw out, and it is biodegradable!, so let's enjoy our ride to jail!!"

TRUE STORY IN TEXAS!

Needless to say, I f*cked him good, and they were not very nice in jail. But, it pays to dispose!! All I got was a little bitty Class C ticket and a night in jail as opposed to much worse.

THROW YOUR SH*T OUT, FOLKS!! IT IS BETTER FOR YOU AND IT P*SSES THEM OFF:)

HAHAHAHAHAHA

LEAVE WILLY ALONE, YOU PSYCHO, BILLY-BAD-*SS WANNA BE KOOL DIRTY MTHER FCKERS...LOL

FREE WILLY!!

FREE WILLY!!

Posted at 1:43 AM on Nov 27, 2010 by Angel
what are you high oir brain dead,,you change your story at least 2 times..first you say you were busted for a umm half..then you say you were arrested for a class c littering..if your going to make up stories at least keep it straight..you say you ****ed him good but your the one that spent a night in jail and obviously had your car towed because they wont leave it on the side of the road..
what a moron